Jerry Lee with Celebrities

Postby richjohnson26 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:28 am

I think the rumour was the first time, when he was sporting the sunglasses in New York it was laser eye surgery to correct his short sightedness. Second time I hadn't heard about so I don't know.
richjohnson26

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:06 am

richjohnson26 wrote:I think the rumour was the first time, when he was sporting the sunglasses in New York it was laser eye surgery to correct his short sightedness. Second time I hadn't heard about so I don't know.

Yes, he definately had this done but that was very recent. The first cosmetic surgery was around two decades ago. I first heard rumours during 'The Class of '55' era...& take a look at 'The Johnny Cash Christmas Show' from 1985: either he has some sort of eye infection or allergy, or he's had something 'done' (tellingly, Jerry wore sunglasses when he taped 'Nashville Now' the next day).
Last edited by peterchecksfield on Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:07 am

Stephanie wrote:Enough about Peter's looks and weekend schedule! :lol: Let's get back to Jerry here. (I think this section is named for him, anyway. :lol: )
We've seen Jerry in 8) twice recently due to eye surgeries. Were they perhaps cosmetic? And could the red rash he had this summer be from a chemical peel or some similar treatment? Well, it doesn't really matter what he's doing to his face. I like the results, so I say as long as it's not too painful for you, honey, keep it up! :wink:

The eye surgery was to make him see better. :roll:
peterchecksfield

Postby niek » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:46 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
niek wrote:Isn't it a possibility that it is a side effect from some kind of medication? There are medications that make you skin look very (sometimes way to much) smooth.

Niek

If that's the case they'd be selling this to aging women all over the world & making a fortune as it's obviously a miracle!

Well I'm sure it has some disadvantages too, maybe that's the reason it's not that popular...

Niek
niek

Postby Rocker » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:46 am

Well, this one is obvious:

Here's one with George Harrison at Carl Perkins' funeral:

with Ringo and the gang:

Buddy Holly:

Ike Turner:

John Fogerty:

Again with Buddy Holly:

I had another one with Buddy Holly and one Everly brother but can't find it right now. Are there any more pics with Elvis, except the ones from the MDQ-session?
Rocker

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:22 pm

Rocker wrote:Are there any more pics with Elvis, except the ones from the MDQ-session?

I've been wondering about that myself. They certainly met again in 1969 & circa 1975 (& probably other times too).
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:53 pm

Rocker wrote:Here's one with George Harrison at Carl Perkins' funeral:

George Harrison's last ever public performance was at Carl's funeral (he played 'Your True Love').
peterchecksfield

Postby Richard Harvey » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:54 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Rocker wrote:Are there any more pics with Elvis, except the ones from the MDQ-session?

I've been wondering about that myself. They certainly met again in 1969 & circa 1975 (& probably other times too).

I didn't know about the '75 meeting. Any more details?

As for the Million Dollar Quartet, I googled 'Million Dollar Quartet' and found two different pictures, both where Elvis is looking towards Jerry Lee. Yet I'm sure I've seen a third, with Elvis looking the other way. Yet I can't find it!
--
Richard Harvey

Postby niek » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:38 pm

Here is one other pic from the MDQ, but not very different from the other one.

Niek
niek

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:39 pm

Richard Harvey wrote:

I thought it was you Richard who mentioned this on the yahoo forum a while back(?). Something about speaking to an Elvis associate who said that Jerry went up to Graceland & jammed with Elvis.

Or am I imagining things?
peterchecksfield

Postby niek » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:03 pm

here is another one from Jerry with The Everly Brothers and Buddy.

and one with Sreamin Jay Hawkins

with Jud Philips

with Wim de Boer and Tom Jones

with Chuck Berry

with James Burton

Jerry, Buck and Elvis Daughter

with Sam Philips

with Carl Perkins and Ronnie Hawkins

the guy on the right is a famous country singer I thought, Rodiriquez or something...

with singer Dion and JW

with Toby Keith on stage

with Marty Stuart

with Commets

With Neil Young

with Robbie Robertson

That's it for now...
Niek
niek

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:14 pm

the guy on the right is a famous country singer I thought, Rodiriquez or something...

Yes, Johnny Rodriguez. This was taken at the R.O.T. Biker Rally in Austin on 31st May 2003. I recently got audios of the two shows Jerry did that day, & the 2nd show includes a duet with Johnny on 'What's Made Milwaukee Famous'.
Last edited by peterchecksfield on Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peterchecksfield

Postby Andrew McRae » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:15 pm

re the picture 'with Jud Phillips'..

of rather more significance, in terms of celebrity, is the fact that the guy in the middle is Jack Dempsey, the "The Manassa Mauler", who was world heavyweight champion for much of the 1920s.

Andrew
Andrew McRae

Postby Richard Harvey » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:05 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Richard Harvey wrote:

I thought it was you Richard who mentioned this on the yahoo forum a while back(?). Something about speaking to an Elvis associate who said that Jerry went up to Graceland & jammed with Elvis.

Or am I imagining things?

The only Elvis associate I've spoken to regarding Jerry Lee and Elvis playing together was Marty Lacker, who mentioned a Sun jam session in 1957. There was Elvis, Jerry Lee and one of the lesser known Sun stars. I'll try and find his response.
I've always thought the last time they met was '69. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if their paths never crossed from '57 - '69.
--
Richard Harvey

Postby Richard Harvey » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:26 pm

The only Elvis associate I've spoken to regarding Jerry Lee and Elvis playing together was Marty Lacker, who mentioned a Sun jam session in 1957.

Riiight . . The Elvis and Jerry Lee '57 jam session.

Okay, here's the post from an Elvis forum when I learned about the
Elvis/Jerry jam. . someone asked which Elvis recording
sessions Marty Lacker (Elvis buddy) had attended. Marty himself said -

> >I had gone back to Sun with Elvis in '57 when he jammed with Jerry
Lee
and
> >Rockin' Ray Smith, although that wasn't really an Elvis session.
> --

People said "surely that was December '56, the famed million dollar
session". Marty said no. .
"it was summer '57"

So I asked. .

> Can you remember much about this Marty, dates, songs. . any info at
all.
> Thanks.

And Marty said

>Just the year, '57. I do remember that Jerry Lee and Elvis
>alternated on
>piano just for the hell of it. It was one hell of a jam especially
>back
>then.

And thats about it.

Elvis did drop by Sun quite a bit, and was certainly in Memphis in
July '57, supervising the renovations at his newly aqured home,
Graceland. Marty also went on to say how warm it was, and they'd go outside with the girls on Union Avenue, then go back in to listen to the music.

I should add that Whole Lotta Shakin' and Teddy Bear were battling
for number one at the start of July '57. Amazing times!
[/i]
--
Richard Harvey

PreviousNext

Return to Archive