Jerry Lee with Celebrities

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:43 am

Rocker wrote:Jerry Lee was in Graceland at least once during the 60s and they reportedley jammed on the song "Come what may". Have to ask my source if he can give me more insight.

I don't think they jammed on the song, rather (according to Jerry) Elvis kept asking Jerry to play it over & over again, & then he went & cut it himself (what year did Elvis cut this, 66-ish?).

By the way 'Rocker', what's your name? I don't really like writing to an alias.
peterchecksfield

Postby Rocker » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:15 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
Rocker wrote:Jerry Lee was in Graceland at least once during the 60s and they reportedley jammed on the song "Come what may". Have to ask my source if he can give me more insight.

I don't think they jammed on the song, rather (according to Jerry) Elvis kept asking Jerry to play it over & over again, & then he went & cut it himself (what year did Elvis cut this, 66-ish?).

By the way 'Rocker', what's your name? I don't really like writing to an alias.

Well, at least they played it (or Jerry). Elvis cut his version in may '66.

Then, what's the sense of these nicknames? Anyway, call me Leif.

Here's a message that I got from an Elvis-historian. He also puts the "Colonel's puppet"-incident to '69. I quote:

Well JLL goes into to it quite a bit in his autobiography. They met in late 56 did the MDQ. Hung around a little through the years. He and Elvis once rode their motorcycles down the street naked and were chased by a cop on a horse! He said that when Elvis went into the army he went up to him one night as Sun and told him to take it it's your's now. Meaning the stardom.I know he came to Graceland a couple of times to jam and Elvis sent him a private photo of he Priscilla and Lisa Marie once that he later gave to Paul Lichter for a book. He saw Elvis in Vegas in 1969 and when Parker tried to clear the dressing room JLL told Elvis that he wouldn't let himself be an old mans puppet. Apparently Elvis replied that how come he was playing the showroom and JLL was playing the lounge. I think Elvis may have called him a few times and JLL claims he was invited when he got arrested in front of Graceland in 1976. As you know he was driving drunk and had a pistol. Anyway it seems that they had a bit of a rivalry but got along pretty well and respected each other.
Rocker

Postby Perk » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:21 pm

niek wrote:Image
here is another one from Jerry with The Everly Brothers and Buddy.

The one to the left on this picture is Jimmy Velvet. I think the picture came from him originally and was posted in Fireball Mail. It says he was a president of the Elvis Presley museum. The other one is Don Everly. Plus then Jerry & Buddy of course.

Perk
Perk

Postby Andrew McRae » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:07 pm

I thought it was worth up-dating this thread with the following pictures, all of which were taken since the last contribution in September...

Andrew McRae

Postby Tony Papard » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:01 pm

[quote="Andrew McRae"]I thought it was worth up-dating this thread with the following pictures, all of which were taken since the last contribution in September...

quote]

You have Solomon Burke, but also of course there are all the other celebrities on LMS 'Live'.

And other videos/DVDs - Bette Midler, Emmylou Harris, Gene Autry, Little Richard, etc.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby Richard Harvey » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:24 pm

Andrew McRae wrote:I thought it was worth up-dating this thread

. . any thread! Good work Andrew.

Great pictures. I love the one with Clinton.
--
Richard Harvey

Postby Piet » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:54 pm

Andrew McRae wrote:I thought it was worth up-dating this thread with the following pictures, all of which were taken since the last contribution in September...

Watch out Andrew, Brasstacks is watching :evil:

Piet
Piet

Postby Andrew McRae » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:51 pm

Watch out Andrew, Brasstacks is watching

The images representing recent events in JLL's life that I posted are, of course, specially re-created scenes using look-a-like actors and have not been copied from any 'official' websites the owners of which, if they were so bothered about the unauthorised use of such images, presumably could easily employ the technology to prevent copying (which, on reflection, I'm sure they must do as a matter of course?) :?
Andrew McRae

Postby Piet » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:48 pm

You'll know I'm a big supporter of Wim de Boer and admire his record of all these years WITHOUT any delay so he deserve to be here as a celebritie. :P
Piet

Re: photo opportunity

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:01 am

martin bates wrote:the Kate /Pete thing at Clapham was quite strange, looking back.
I don't think the pair 'visited' Jerry backstage. They were on stage waiting for Jerry & much to the annoyance of the stage crew they popped champagne corks as he came on.When he left the stage he got straight in to his car and left the venue. I've seen only one or two poor photos of Kate & Pete at the show; and the papers that carried the story next day had no photos. Promoter Jim Driver at the time,offered JW the opportunity to be 'on the front page' of the next day's papers if Jerry would pose for a shot with the pair. Obviously no agreement was made,but nevetheless I am surprised more photos of the pair at the show aren't around. (Kate did hover around me for a while backstage,no doubt hoping for a snap...but she missed her chance.) :wink:
Martin.

Talking of......

Last night I was surprised to see a pic of an old friend of mine named Clare - naked with Pete Doherty! She's the blonde here:

Seems like she's been hanging out with him for years (there's also lots of clothed photos of them together). Here's a photo I took of her 8 years ago when she was 18:

http://www.nakedinthanet.com/gallery/ma ... itemId=693

(she was too shy to pose nude back then, but that should all change when we get together again in the near future!).

:wink:
peterchecksfield

Previous

Return to Archive