Songs by other singers mentioning Jerry Lee



Postby Tony Papard » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Andrew McRae wrote:This won't be to everyone's taste...I seem to recall finding it vaguely amusing thirty-plus years ago but now I'm not so sure! Fast forward to 3.35 if you find it too tiresome..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYePr07E9oY


'Jerry Lee' sounds more like 'Bridgette the Midget'! Remember that one?
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

User avatar
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: London, England, EU

Postby thrund » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:40 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:Didn't Kenny Lovelace include some on his '20 Years Overnight' album?


I'm not sure at the moment, have to listen the Overnight album again but on his 2006 Back To Rock'n Roll album is Jerry mentioned in the same named song and in his new songs Memphis Killer (a tribute song) & Reunion (both songs maybe for an upcoming album) too.

Thomas
thrund

User avatar
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Germany

Postby martin bates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:21 am

thrund wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:Didn't Kenny Lovelace include some on his '20 Years Overnight' album?


I'm not sure at the moment, have to listen the Overnight album again but on his 2006 Back To Rock'n Roll album is Jerry mentioned in the same named song and in his new songs Memphis Killer (a tribute song) & Reunion (both songs maybe for an upcoming album) too.

Thomas


MK was on '20 Years'.....but I'm pleased to learn he has a new album in the pipeline :)

Martin.
martin bates

 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Postby thrund » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:06 pm

martin bates wrote:
thrund wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:Didn't Kenny Lovelace include some on his '20 Years Overnight' album?


I'm not sure at the moment, have to listen the Overnight album again but on his 2006 Back To Rock'n Roll album is Jerry mentioned in the same named song and in his new songs Memphis Killer (a tribute song) & Reunion (both songs maybe for an upcoming album) too.

Thomas


MK was on '20 Years'.....but I'm pleased to learn he has a new album in the pipeline :)

Martin.


...this version Martin?

http://web.mac.com/kenlovelace/Web-Site ... KILLER.mp3

As I mentioned before I have to listen Kenny's first record again when I'm back my at home.
Yes it's pretty sure, we will get a new album :) .

Thomas
thrund

User avatar
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Germany

Postby martin bates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:28 pm

thrund wrote:
martin bates wrote:
thrund wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:Didn't Kenny Lovelace include some on his '20 Years Overnight' album?


I'm not sure at the moment, have to listen the Overnight album again but on his 2006 Back To Rock'n Roll album is Jerry mentioned in the same named song and in his new songs Memphis Killer (a tribute song) & Reunion (both songs maybe for an upcoming album) too.

Thomas


MK was on '20 Years'.....but I'm pleased to learn he has a new album in the pipeline :)

Martin.


...this version Martin?

http://web.mac.com/kenlovelace/Web-Site ... KILLER.mp3

As I mentioned before I have to listen Kenny's first record again when I'm back my at home.
Yes it's pretty sure, we will get a new album :) .

Thomas


you can check when you get home; I think it's the old vocal -perhaps a new mix or different backing ??
Cheers
Martin.
martin bates

 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Postby Bill T » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:18 am

The Amazing Rhythm Aces tune "make mention of JLL...in the tune "Jerry Fontaine' from the lp Chock Full of County Goodness...the line goes 'he had hair like Elvis...a voice like Jerry Lee...

Commander Cody sans the lost planet airmen...but with the commander cody band made mention of JLL in a title of one of their songs...can't recall the title though!!?? I think it was something like Memphis Slim,Jerry Lee ,and Me.

Bill T.
Bill T

 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Location: Romney, west Virginia

Postby richjohnson26 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:58 am

What about 'Mystery Train Kept A-Rollin' by Stray Cats.
richjohnson26

 
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:37 am

Postby jonny williams » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:43 pm

im suprised n o ones mention the song
"Look what Jerry Lee's done to me"
cant remember the name of the guy who sang it....somebody Brown i think,
I had it on tape years ago that Barrie Gamblin did for me....would love to hear it again...the tape is long gone
jonny williams

 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Sheffield

Postby martin bates » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:12 pm

jonny williams wrote:im suprised n o ones mention the song
"Look what Jerry Lee's done to me"
cant remember the name of the guy who sang it....somebody Brown i think,
I had it on tape years ago that Barrie Gamblin did for me....would love to hear it again...the tape is long gone


I had the same song on a tape by Barrie ! a kid learning classical piano discovered Jerry Lee;(I'm sure Peter C. could send you a copy ?)
but I think this thread was started for new or recent songs mentioning the Killer....there are many in years gone by, from Kid Rock to Tom T Hall.

Martin.
martin bates

 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Postby Andrew McRae » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:29 pm

martin bates wrote:
jonny williams wrote:im suprised n o ones mention the song
"Look what Jerry Lee's done to me"
cant remember the name of the guy who sang it....somebody Brown i think,
I had it on tape years ago that Barrie Gamblin did for me....would love to hear it again...the tape is long gone


I had the same song on a tape by Barrie ! a kid learning classical piano discovered Jerry Lee;(I'm sure Peter C. could send you a copy ?)
but I think this thread was started for new or recent songs mentioning the Killer....there are many in years gone by, from Kid Rock to Tom T Hall.

Martin.


Yes, that was a good one... "St Louis Named A Shoe After Me". I think it was on Tom T.'s "Storyteller" album, and was probably a bit of a cheeky nod at the way Jerry Lee himself was always name-checking himself in songs at around that time (19720.

Andrew
Andrew McRae

User avatar
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:26 pm

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:44 pm

martin bates wrote:
jonny williams wrote:im suprised n o ones mention the song
"Look what Jerry Lee's done to me"
cant remember the name of the guy who sang it....somebody Brown i think,
I had it on tape years ago that Barrie Gamblin did for me....would love to hear it again...the tape is long gone


I had the same song on a tape by Barrie ! a kid learning classical piano discovered Jerry Lee;(I'm sure Peter C. could send you a copy ?)
but I think this thread was started for new or recent songs mentioning the Killer....there are many in years gone by, from Kid Rock to Tom T Hall.

Martin.


I don't have it any more either, but here's more details...

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:Lr ... clnk&gl=uk
peterchecksfield

 

Ten Long Fingers

Postby bernd » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:36 pm

"Ten Long Fingers" by Groovey Joe Poovey is a great 50's Piano Rocker about JLL
bernd

 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:43 pm

Postby bernd » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:41 pm

"Rock At The Hop" by Bobby Mansfield And The Dusters is another great 50's Rocker mentioning JLL. Andy Lee re-recorded the song on his first LP (yes - vinyl stuff)
bernd

 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:43 pm

Postby jonny williams » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:05 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
martin bates wrote:
jonny williams wrote:im suprised n o ones mention the song
"Look what Jerry Lee's done to me"
cant remember the name of the guy who sang it....somebody Brown i think,
I had it on tape years ago that Barrie Gamblin did for me....would love to hear it again...the tape is long gone


I had the same song on a tape by Barrie ! a kid learning classical piano discovered Jerry Lee;(I'm sure Peter C. could send you a copy ?)
but I think this thread was started for new or recent songs mentioning the Killer....there are many in years gone by, from Kid Rock to Tom T Hall.

Martin.


Thanks for that Peter.....will have to try and track down a copy of it ..i loved that song !!

I don't have it any more either, but here's more details...

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:Lr ... clnk&gl=uk
jonny williams

 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Sheffield

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:32 am

wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3969
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests