New Ways for JLL to Make $$$$

Postby ChrisdeB » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:59 am

Interesting to you maybe. That does not mean its interesting to others!!!
ChrisdeB

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:21 am

Well it seems to have generated some dialogue, so it is safe to say it is of interest to a lot.
jllWAfan1982

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:47 am

jllWAfan1982 wrote:I don't think Jerry Lee Lewis is a rabid dog that is gonna get spooked and bite the wrong person in the foot for asking the wrong question.

I do.
peterchecksfield

Postby ChrisdeB » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:33 am

jllWAfan1982 wrote:Well it seems to have generated some dialogue, so it is safe to say it is of interest to a lot.

Whatever!!!!! Its boring to me!!!! You stated that it was interesting, bit It is not intersting to me!!!! Who exactly is going to make this fantasy of yours happen? Jerry Lee is being paid vast amounts of money for doing very little, Why should he do somthing he would havee no interest in doing.
ChrisdeB

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:13 am

Why are you so dismissive of Jerry Lee Lewis? It would already be a work day. He could easily add another $1000-5000 to it by talking to some fans. And how do you know he wouldn't have any interest...if he wouldn't enjoy the chance to interact with fans a little bit now that he is sober and off drugs?

$50,000 may have been a vast amount in the 1950's, but today it is a pittance.

It's hardly a fantasy. Jerry Lee Lewis is NOT my favorite artist. I would like to meet him, sure, but unless he came to my state or a neighboring one, I wouldn't go see him even if he did the meet and greet thing. And honestly he only very RARELY comes to where I live. The closet he usually comes is 1000 miles away in Vegas. That is too far for me.

Anyway, I don't think there is much else I have to say other than repeating myself, so I will probably not have much else to say on this topic. When I started this topic, it seemed like a good idea. After reading all the posts here, it seems like a very slim possibility.
jllWAfan1982

Postby Maarten K. » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:07 am

ChrisdeB wrote:Interesting to you maybe. That does not mean its interesting to others!!!

Then don't read it! But let others discuss what they want to.
Maarten K.

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:23 am

Maarten K. wrote:
ChrisdeB wrote:Interesting to you maybe. That does not mean its interesting to others!!!

I agree with Maarten, & Chris perhaps you should be setting more of an example as a moderator instead of coming across so aggressive just because it's of no interest to you...

:roll:
peterchecksfield

Postby bailbath » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:49 am

ChrisdeB wrote:
Jerry Lee is being paid vast amounts of money for doing very little

Jerry Lee is paid vasts amounts of money for doing something that only he can do, he has earn't that position.
We are all entitled to a opinion and that is what makes this forum great as there are lots of opinions. I think it has been a worthwhile discussion as it gives a insight into Jerry Lee for new fan's. As he has always done, he will do what he wants when he wants and although I think we all can agree he has mellowed in his older years he still has the capacity to be that 'rabid dog' which is why we all, well most of us, love him. It's called character, personality and it's what a lot of modern artists lack.
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:34 am

jllWAfan1982 wrote:$50,000 may have been a vast amount in the 1950's, but today it is a pittance.

A pittance? 50,000 USD for one show? Say he does 20 shows. That's 1,000,000 USD. Why should he do a meet and greet for 5,000 USD? Now THAT is a pittance.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Andrew McRae » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:13 am

The thing I really don't like about this idea - leaving aside the practical arguments and JLL's probable extreme distaste for any such arrangements - is that, put simply, it's unbearably tacky.

It's what you'd expect of the likes of Tony Blair, who's been in the news again this week for indulging in what amounts to precisely this, albeit I think in his case you get about 4 seconds, long enough to get your photo taken with him for your $100 or whatever.

I've also seen adverts for these autograph fairs where out of work actors and retired footballers eke out a living by sitting at a desk all day in an exhibition hall signing photos for profit. I might have a little more sympathy for them, but it all seems a bit sad and unworthy; something of a last resort, somehow detracting from their dignity and reputation.
Andrew McRae

Postby jayhawks » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 am

THAT`s exact the point:

it`s exciting to see, meet & maybe greet JERRY at an airport/ concert hall, where ever...

BUT, to pay for that is just disgraceful!!
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

Postby Maarten K. » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:46 am

Remember Jerry's attitude towards the Birthday conventions. Apparently he had big trouble with the fact fans were charged hundreds of dollars to attent these events. He thought it was not right to charge his fans these ammounts.

So, charging his fans for a meet and greet will never be authorised by Jerry.

Say what you want, but there is definately loyalty towards his fans.
Maarten K.

Postby ChrisdeB » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:34 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Maarten K. wrote:

I agree with Maarten, & Chris perhaps you should be setting more of an example as a moderator instead of coming across so aggressive just because it's of no interest to you...

:roll:

and of course Peter you are never aggressive are you!!!!

I read these things because I am a Moderater. If Ian does not wish me to be one then that is upto him.
ChrisdeB

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:58 pm

Again, a quick autograph at an airport or outside a venue is not meeting him, no matter how much people may have experienced them in the past want them to be. That is nothing and hardly worth the effort if all you get is an autograph and no conversation. My interest would not in getting an autograph, but in meeting and chatting with him a little. The autograph would be a nice bonus, but I wouldn't even care if he didn't wish to do it as someone's name written doesn't mean that much to me, even though I still like to get them when I can.

What Blair did is tacky. You can have no conversation in that time short time. Michael Jackson also did something like that in Japan a couple years ago, but he charged over $1000 US, and it was 30 seconds for a photo only--no autograph, no talking. THAT is really tacky. I don't think my idea is tacky at all. Charging for your autograph is kinda tacky too. I wouldn't want Jerry to do any of those things, but I am suggesting something more dignified.

Make it a whole VIP package -- close up seats, a meet and greet, a VIP pass, etc.
jllWAfan1982

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:01 pm

No, it is not tacky at all, to me it sounds like some way of prostitution.
wolfgangguhl

PreviousNext

Return to Archive