New Ways for JLL to Make $$$$

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:04 pm

And according to your argumentation, nobody should charge for music as long as production costs are not involved, but charging money for a conversation is ok??
wolfgangguhl

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:22 pm

Why should he have to meet with fans for free? It's ridiculous. They are not his friends. They are complete strangers. If 1000s of people wanted to meet with you for decades, do you think you would want to give up your time to do that when all they want is for you to scribble your name or say how much they love you as if you were some god? That is tacky. Meeting people is WORK. You and I get paid for work. Why should he work for free? I certainly don't think he OWES it to us or anyone to meet and talk with us. We don't know him. I do not think it is like prostitution at all. He's not whipping out his dick and putting it in some old woman!

If you revisit my comments in other threads, I believe recorded music should be free, but I stated that concerts is a source where artists can derive income. Most artists do not make money when you buy a CD, or only pennies. That profit goes to the retailler and the label--the middlemen. There are exceptions of course if you buy artists directly, but most don't seem to do that.
jllWAfan1982

Postby Andrew McRae » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:27 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:No, it is not tacky at all, to me it sounds like some way of prostitution.

..you don't think that prostitution is 'tacky'? :wink:
Andrew McRae

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:35 pm

I was being ironic.
wolfgangguhl

Previous

Return to Archive