Jerrys drug and alcohol dependency

Jerrys drug and alcohol dependency

Postby Logan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:44 pm

I was wondering if any of you tell me more about jerrys depndency on drugs and alcohol and more about his health problmes over the years
Last edited by Logan on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logan

Re: Jerrys drug and alcohol dependency

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:18 pm

Logan wrote:I was wondering of any of you tell me about jerrys depndency on drugs and alchohol during the decades of his life what he was on each decade and i would like to know about his helath problems over the years

I doubt if even Jerry could accurately answer that question...

Certainly no-one else can.
peterchecksfield

Postby Logan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:20 pm

yea i realized my request was a little over the top i would just like to know a little more about it
Logan

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Use the "search" facility. We've discussed it on here countless times.
peterchecksfield

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 pm

JLL quit using drugs and alcohol in 1958. Anything else you read is a LIE.
jllWAfan1982

Postby jayhawks » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:44 am

jllWAfan1982 wrote:JLL quit using drugs and alcohol in 1958. Anything else you read is a LIE.

:ROFL :ROFL :ROFL
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

Postby fede4avar » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:08 am

jllWAfan1982 wrote:JLL quit using drugs and alcohol in 1958. Anything else you read is a LIE.

unfortunately you're wrong he has continued almost all his life and has stopped drinking and taking drugs in the 90s when he went into a community for detoxification
fede4avar

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:37 am

fede4avar wrote:

unfortunately you're wrong he has continued almost all his life and has stopped drinking and taking drugs in the 90s when he went into a community for detoxification

Well according to a band member Jerry only became fully "clean" 2 or 3 years ago. But of course the people around him are quick to make announcements everytime he tries to straighten up, but tend to remain silent whenever he gets back on things...

But we could discuss this forever. As I've said before, what are "drugs"? If the drugs are legal & prescribed by a doctor then does this mean that they're "medicine" instead of "drugs"?

Also, Logan asked what health problems have been caused by Jerry's drug & alcohol addictions, but who can really say??? Most doctors will have different opinions on whether much of his problems are caused by drugs, alcohol, lack of exercise, poor eating, growing old, etc. For example Kay Martin blames Jerry's lack of mobility (bad back, knees etc) from jumping off too many pianos, & daft as it may sound there's probably some truth to that.
peterchecksfield

Postby tchr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:00 am

peterchecksfield wrote: For example Kay Martin blames Jerry's lack of mobility (bad back, knees etc) from jumping off too many pianos, & daft as it may sound there's probably some truth to that.

Maybe getting a little off-topic, but regarding health - wasn't Jerry involved in a accident that injured his back in the 70's? I think this have been said by Kay Martin....
tchr

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:18 am

Tore Christensen wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote: For example Kay Martin blames Jerry's lack of mobility (bad back, knees etc) from jumping off too many pianos, & daft as it may sound there's probably some truth to that.

Maybe getting a little off-topic, but regarding health - wasn't Jerry involved in a accident that injured his back in the 70's? I think this have been said by Kay Martin....

I can't recall that, but I guess it's possible, & of course injuries when younger can cause arthritus etc in later life.
peterchecksfield

Postby bailbath » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:23 pm

Tore Christensen wrote:

Yes he think it was when he crashed a Rolls Royce into a ditch!?
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:44 pm

People always like to romanticize these things. A good example is when people claim that Keith Richards has so many lines on his face because of all the drugs he's done: no, he has so many lines on his face because he's spent far too much time in the sun and hasn't used a decent moisturiser! :roll:
peterchecksfield

Postby tchr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:01 pm

bailbath wrote:
Tore Christensen wrote:

Yes he think it was when he crashed a Rolls Royce into a ditch!?
Ian

Yes, something like that. And he has complained about his back hurting him. Of course that can explain some of the "medication" he has been using - pain-killers.....
tchr

Postby ChrisdeB » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:18 pm

ChrisdeB

Postby martin bates » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:42 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:People always like to romanticize these things. A good example is when people claim that Keith Richards has so many lines on his face because of all the drugs he's done: no, he has so many lines on his face because he's spent far too much time in the sun and hasn't used a decent moisturiser! :roll:

with Mick Jagger they say they are 'laughter lines'.......c'mon......nothing's THAT funny !

Martin. :lol:
martin bates

Next

Return to Archive