Places that are Rare for Jerry Lee Lewis to Play

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:54 pm

jllWAfan1982 wrote:
I can't blame Jerry for hating the Japanese.

I don't know why people take this so lightly; if he hated negros everyone would be outraged.

Personally I think the Japanese are amongst the greatest of people, & I admire them far more than most Americans & Europeans.
peterchecksfield

Postby wolfgangguhl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:02 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
jllWAfan1982 wrote:
I can't blame Jerry for hating the Japanese.

I don't know why people take this so lightly; if he hated negros everyone would be outraged.

Personally I think the Japanese are amongst the greatest of people, & I admire them far more than most Americans & Europeans.

Agree 100 %.

Apart from that I think an Australian Tour is long overdue and he should go there along with Chuck Berry, Little Richard and B.B. King, all of whom not having toured Australia in ages!
wolfgangguhl

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:03 pm

The Japanese bombed his country. Wanted to destroy us. It was a long time ago, but part of his childhood. Things that are part of our childhood sometimes stick with us forever.

I don't know any Japanese people, and I don't personally have anything against them. I have met a number of people from various countries in the US. I don't think people are all that much different wherever you are. Individual people do not represent their own countries, and it would be an error to judge someone on the basis of where they live. There good and bad wherever you live.
jllWAfan1982

Postby wolfgangguhl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:05 pm

jllWAfan1982 wrote:The Japanese bombed his country. Wanted to destroy us. It was a long time ago, but part of his childhood. Things that are part of our childhood sometimes stick with us forever.

I don't know any Japanese people, and I don't personally have anything against them. I have met a number of people from various countries in the US. I don't think people are all that much different wherever you are. Individual people do not represent their own countries, and it would be an error to judge someone on the basis of where they live. There good and bad wherever you live.

I can understand his dislike of the Japanese for the first two decades of his life maybe.

But by turning 20 he was old enough to make up his own mind and to come to only one useful conclusion about people: the one you described.
wolfgangguhl

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:14 pm

I'm sure that if Jerry actually opened his mind & got to know Japanese people then he'd like them. I know at least two very keen JLL fans who love Japan & the Japanese; Graham Knight has been there many times, & Emma Baker (formerly Connolly) lived there for a number of years & speaks fluent Japanese.

Older American southern blacks like Little Richard, Fats Domino & Chuck Berry have every right to hate white people, but fortunately they don't.
peterchecksfield

Postby wolfgangguhl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:35 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:I'm sure that if Jerry actually opened his mind & got to know Japanese people then he'd like them.

That's for sure.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Tony Papard » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:21 pm

jllWAfan1982 wrote:The Japanese bombed his country. Wanted to destroy us. It was a long time ago, but part of his childhood. Things that are part of our childhood sometimes stick with us forever.

Pearl Harbor is in Hawaii - a U.S. naval base true, but NOT part of the United States at that time. The Germans bombed UK, the British and Americans bombed Germany and Japan (Hiroshima/Nagasaki) and countries they occupied, doesn't mean we all hate each other 60 years later.

In wartime all countries act in a barbaric way, as it is the breakdown of civilized behavior. You can't hate whole races today for what happened in a war over 60 years ago.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Hawaii was not a state until 1959, but it was US territory since 1898. Any person born in Hawaii was a US citizen regardless of who their parents were. So while it was not a US state, it was still very much a part of the United States.

In the 1800's as the US expanded, many parts of the country were territories before they gained statehood.

I agree that many other countries were bombed, but the US has not been attacked by a foreign government much on their own soil. I believe that was the only time in the last hundred years or so that I am aware of that a foreign government has attacked us on our own soil.
jllWAfan1982

Postby peter molecz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:32 pm

the Japanese imitator/soundalike must be "Pumpin`Piano Mambo & The 88" - on the LP "Feel Like Rockin", " Livin`Lovin`Wreck" is included.

Peter M.
peter molecz

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:34 pm

jllWAfan1982 wrote:Hawaii was not a state until 1959, but it was US territory since 1898. Any person born in Hawaii was a US citizen regardless of who their parents were. So while it was not a US state, it was still very much a part of the United States.

In the 1800's as the US expanded, many parts of the country were territories before they gained statehood.

I agree that many other countries were bombed, but the US has not been attacked by a foreign government much on their own soil. I believe that was the only time in the last hundred years or so that I am aware of that a foreign government has attacked us on our own soil.

Whatever. It was a long time ago, & we could learn alot by observing other cultures a bit more closely instead of being suspicious of them. I have no present plans to travel abroad, but if I did I know that Japan is one of the countries that would be on top of my list (I've been to the USA & I'm glad I did but I don't think I ever want to go again).

Now, what other countries has Jerry rarely played... Apart from when he lived there in 1993 he's done surprisingly few concerts in the Republic of Ireland (I think 1983 & 1995 were the only other years).
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:38 pm

peter molecz wrote:the Japanese imitator/soundalike must be "Pumpin`Piano Mambo & The 88" - on the LP "Feel Like Rockin", " Livin`Lovin`Wreck" is included.

Peter M.

I'm not sure (I can't find anything about this on google), though Graham had an official CD (not LP).
peterchecksfield

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:46 pm

OT - I would also like to point out that, like the Nazi's, the Japanese were at a very deep level of evil that has not been seen much. I remember reading how they actually cannibalized some of their prisoners of war.
jllWAfan1982

Postby wolfgangguhl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:59 pm

jllWAfan1982 wrote:OT - I would also like to point out that, like the Nazi's, the Japanese were at a very deep level of evil that has not been seen much. I remember reading how they actually cannibalized some of their prisoners of war.

So what? If we only searched for it, we would find this in nearly every nation I am sure.

Did you know that 75 % of the world's population regardless of skin color, nationality, age etc. would kill a person if an authority (e.g. police, lawyer, teacher etc.) told them to do so?

Bottom line is that humans are the most peverted animals on this planet, but they can show some good sides, too, if they live in a society which functions well. But a society which is built on prejudices will never work well.
wolfgangguhl

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:16 pm

jllWAfan1982 wrote:OT - I would also like to point out that, like the Nazi's, the Japanese were at a very deep level of evil that has not been seen much. I remember reading how they actually cannibalized some of their prisoners of war.

And in peace they've reached a high level of calm & peace that most westerners can only dream about...

Trust me, the Japanese are beautiful people.
peterchecksfield

Postby wolfgangguhl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Western companies love to employ them. They work like no others. And they work with each other and not against each other!
wolfgangguhl

PreviousNext

Return to Archive