JERRY LEE AUDIO INTERVIEW IN SPANISH RADIO: TWO HAMBURGUERS!

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Tony Papard wrote:Carl Perkins could have equally been described as rockabilly or Country

I think the word "rockabilly" is slightly insulting to JLL, & "rock 'n' roll" would be much more of a compliment.

Tony Papard wrote:James Brown most certainly wasn't rock'n'roll but soul

To be fair his earliest stuff from the 50s & early 60s (which Jerry is probably most familier with) was at least rhythm 'n' blues, & James Brown was also amongst the very first inductees into The Rock 'n' Roll Hall Of Fame.

Tony Papard wrote:For instance: he said he expected LMS to be one of his biggest selling albums (in fact the biggest ever, not just in the last 10 or 20 years), then says it came as a complete surprise!

I think what Jerry was claiming is that this is one of the biggest albums in recent decades by anyone, which is of course nonsense! I'm sure that many artists whom Jerry couldn't name one song by (Madonna, U2, Spice Girls) have far outside LMS.
peterchecksfield

Postby Amadeu » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:07 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Tony Papard wrote:Carl Perkins could have equally been described as rockabilly or Country

I think the word "rockabilly" is slightly insulting to JLL, & "rock 'n' roll" would be much more of a compliment.

Tony Papard wrote:James Brown most certainly wasn't rock'n'roll but soul

To be fair his earliest stuff from the 50s & early 60s (which Jerry is probably most familier with) was at least rhythm 'n' blues, & James Brown was also amongst the very first inductees into The Rock 'n' Roll Hall Of Fame.

Tony Papard wrote:For instance: he said he expected LMS to be one of his biggest selling albums (in fact the biggest ever, not just in the last 10 or 20 years), then says it came as a complete surprise!

I think what Jerry was claiming is that this is one of the biggest albums in recent decades by anyone, which is of course nonsense! I'm sure that many artists whom Jerry couldn't name one song by (Madonna, U2, Spice Girls) have far outside LMS.

The problem is that the interviewer ask to jerry what thinks about LMS being the biggest selling album in USA! Of course jerry wont say thats not true :)
Amadeu

Postby Tony Papard » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:57 pm

[quote="Amadeuquote]

The problem is that the interviewer ask to jerry what thinks about LMS being the biggest selling album in USA! Of course jerry wont say thats not true :)[/quote]

Well it was true - LMS was the biggest selling album of all time in the USA - for Jerry Lee Lewis that is. I'm sure that's what the interviewer meant.

By the way, I was amazed to learn from a TV program the other nite that The Andrews Sisters far outsold artists like Elvis Presley and The Beatles in record sales.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Tony Papard wrote:By the way, I was amazed to learn from a TV program the other nite that The Andrews Sisters far outsold artists like Elvis Presley and The Beatles in record sales.

Bullshit! :!:
peterchecksfield

Postby Tommy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:44 pm

Very entertaining interview! He sounds very happy! (almost a bit drunk) :wink:
"Don't look at the clouds of tomorrow through the sunshine of today!"

Mick Jagger
Tommy

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:08 pm

Tommy wrote:(almost a bit drunk) :wink:

Or stoned...
peterchecksfield

Postby Tim in St. Louis » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:49 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Tony Papard wrote:By the way, I was amazed to learn from a TV program the other nite that The Andrews Sisters far outsold artists like Elvis Presley and The Beatles in record sales.

Bullshit! :!:

Sure. In 1948.
Tim in St. Louis

Postby Maarten K. » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:35 am

I couldn't download the interview from the site you provided. I want to include it with the other material that is available from this tour.

Can you e-mail me the interview or explain how it can be downloaded from this site? Please sent me a PM as it's too good not to include this interview. Thanks!
Maarten K.

Previous

Return to Archive