JERRY LEE AUDIO INTERVIEW IN SPANISH RADIO: TWO HAMBURGUERS!

JERRY LEE AUDIO INTERVIEW IN SPANISH RADIO: TWO HAMBURGUERS!

Postby Amadeu » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:41 am

Hi all

Thanks to Andoni Urkiaga and Ivan Guillen, maybe tomorrow(today I'm going to Bilbao) will be able to put the AUDIO interview on my blog.

It was last Wednesday at 22.oo p.m more or less by telephone to the Jerry's hotel room in Madrid.

Its a curious interview(and funny). The interviewer has problems to undesrtand Jerry in some of the questions and Jerry answer things that the interviewer hadnt ask to ha ha..Its funny.

But the great moment is when after ask Jerry about J.Cash. There is a silence and we can Jerry asking for two hamburguers ha ha ha .Great the killer!

And jERRY has moments of good sense of humor that even the interviewer dont undesrtand.

Amadeu

P.D: By the way, He says the new album will be around Christmas
Amadeu

Re: JERRY LEE AUDIO INTERVIEW IN SPANISH RADIO: TWO HAMBURGU

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:02 am

Amadeu wrote:Thanks to Andoni Urkiaga and Ivan Guillen, maybe tomorrow(today I'm going to Bilbao) will be able to put the AUDIO interview on my blog.

Great! :D

Amadeu wrote:P.D: By the way, He says the new album will be around Christmas

Grrrr! :evil:
peterchecksfield

Re: JERRY LEE AUDIO INTERVIEW IN SPANISH RADIO: TWO HAMBURGU

Postby fede4avar » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:30 am

Amadeu wrote:Hi all

Thanks to Andoni Urkiaga and Ivan Guillen, maybe tomorrow(today I'm going to Bilbao) will be able to put the AUDIO interview on my blog.

It was last Wednesday at 22.oo p.m more or less by telephone to the Jerry's hotel room in Madrid.

Its a curious interview(and funny). The interviewer has problems to undesrtand Jerry in some of the questions and Jerry answer things that the interviewer hadnt ask to ha ha..Its funny.

But the great moment is when after ask Jerry about J.Cash. There is a silence and we can Jerry asking for two hamburguers ha ha ha .Great the killer!

And jERRY has moments of good sense of humor that even the interviewer dont undesrtand.

Amadeu

P.D: By the way, He says the new album will be around Christmas

Fantastic I can not wait to hear the interview and a Christmas album
still lacks a lot of time I was born there I have to wait that long :cry:
fede4avar

Postby Amadeu » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:17 pm

Amadeu

Postby fede4avar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Amadeu wrote:THE AUDIO here and on my blog:

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/3198581 ... y_Edit.mp3

wow Thank you :lol: :lol:
fede4avar

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:46 pm

Haha, very entertaining! :D
peterchecksfield

Postby Amadeu » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:08 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:Haha, very entertaining! :D

The best of all (aprt the hamburguers) is the bad communication beetween jerry and the interviewer. He insist to ask for J.Cash..even says:

"please..and extent answer about J.cash(or something like that) " and Jerry says:

"ONE OF THE FINEST PEOPLE I EVER KNEW " ha ha ..and then the hamburguers :lol:

Or when Jerry talks about the history of Elvis and him the interviewer laughs of but havent uindesrtand nothing at all :lol: (and this happens some more times)

Really funny..
Amadeu

Postby Amadeu » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:14 pm

Amadeu wrote:

The best of all (aprt the hamburguers) is the bad communication beetween jerry and the interviewer. He insist to ask for J.Cash..even says:

"please..and extent answer about J.cash(or something like that) " and Jerry says:

Or when Jerry talks about the history of Elvis and him the interviewer laughs at but havent uindesrtand nothing at all :lol: (and this happens some more times)

Really funny..

By the way, someone can translate to me the min 6 to 6 and 10 seconds (at the end pHoebe Lewis laughs at about it)
Amadeu

Postby Key_Okuna » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Rock 'n' Roll! Rock 'n' Roll! Rock 'n' Roll! Rock 'n' Roll! Rock 'n' Roll! :lol:
Visit my youtube channel and find some good JLL videos!
http://www.youtube.com/jerryleerules
Key_Okuna

Postby fede4avar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:45 pm

what a great person who is Jerry :D
fede4avar

Postby bailbath » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Amadeu wrote:
Amadeu wrote:

Or when Jerry talks about the history of Elvis and him the interviewer laughs at but havent uindesrtand nothing at all :lol: (and this happens some more times)

Really funny..

I think he says 'you don't get fatter you get datter' whatever that means! I think he was looking for a rhyme!

By the way, someone can translate to me the min 6 to 6 and 10 seconds (at the end pHoebe Lewis laughs at about it)
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:03 pm

I think he actually said "you don't get fatter you get dieter", meaning that he needs more diets as he gets older.
peterchecksfield

Postby Amadeu » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Key_Okuna wrote:Rock 'n' Roll! Rock 'n' Roll! Rock 'n' Roll! Rock 'n' Roll! Rock 'n' Roll! :lol:

James Brown: R&R; Ray charles: R&R
:lol: at thAT moment he was watching the TV and answering!!
Amadeu

Postby Amadeu » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:33 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:I think he actually said "you don't get fatter you get dieter", meaning that he needs more diets as he gets older.

thank you both :)
Amadeu

Postby Tony Papard » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:40 pm

Amadeu wrote:
Key_Okuna wrote:Rock 'n' Roll! Rock 'n' Roll! Rock 'n' Roll! Rock 'n' Roll! Rock 'n' Roll! :lol:

James Brown: R&R; Ray charles: R&R
:lol: at thAT moment he was watching the TV and answering!!

But absolutely typical of Jerry Lee in interviews. He rarely says anything interesting about fellow artists, confining himself to repetative one word/one phrase answers like: 'great man, great man, great man' or in this case 'rock'n'roll, rock'n'roll, rock'n'roll' when clearly some of them weren't rock'n'roll at all. Carl Perkins could have equally been described as rockabilly or Country, James Brown most certainly wasn't rock'n'roll but soul, and Ray Charles recorded a bit of everything really.

At least Jerry got B. B. King right, but the interviewer was looking for more than one-word/one-phrase answers. Jerry's voice was fairly clear, but the interview rather nonsensical as usual.

For instance: he said he expected LMS to be one of his biggest selling albums (in fact the biggest ever, not just in the last 10 or 20 years), then says it came as a complete surprise!
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Next

Return to Archive