Jerry Lee Lewis: Lost and Found - out next week!

Postby bailbath » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:22 pm

jarireinikka wrote:^same here! I don´t see any use pre-ordering ( & paying) anything that really doesn´t exist yet...goes with any item(s)

You don't pay on a pre-order until it is posted.
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby jarireinikka » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:36 pm

still,I doesn´t see any reason to order something that actually doesn´t exist yet.
jarireinikka

Postby bailbath » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:00 am

jarireinikka wrote:still,I doesn´t see any reason to order something that actually doesn´t exist yet.

It does exist I think Peter proof read it!?
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby jarireinikka » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:02 am

then why was the release postponed if it already exist(in it´s published version)? I guess the Peter´s reading was what you´ll find in stores(finished product?).Tell us Peter?
I know there´s many records made ready and already even advertised and then withdrawn for some (stupid) reason or other...
jarireinikka

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:05 am

jarireinikka wrote:then why was the release postponed if it already exist(in it´s published version)? I guess the Peter´s reading was what you´ll find in stores(finished product?).Tell us Peter?

No, I read it as a word document, so you're right in that it probably doesn't really exist as a book (made of paper etc) yet.

Ian, it's a bit like saying that Jerry has several unreleased albums that "exist", when really they've only been recorded....
peterchecksfield

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:30 pm

To clear up this mystery: the book goes to press in about four weeks. So, technically it does not exist in physical form, but it's on schedule for the November 2 publication! The release is often pushed back in the UK and Europe; I'm not sure why, though I think it has to do with distribution as much as the actual printing.

Joe
Joe

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:16 pm

peterchecksfield

Postby Andrew McRae » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:37 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:http://www.northernstar.info/article/print/8545/

Instead of dwelling upon Lewis’ notorious sex scandals, an issue that the author says has been written about ad nauseam, the book focuses on the bigger context of the rockabilly’s rocky career

Have I missed something? The poor guy actually marries women instead of just sleeping around and yet still gets bracketed with Profumo et al. :wink:
Andrew McRae

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:54 pm

Rockabilly? Ugh, who likes that shit. As JLL said during at interview at the 1986 rock and roll hall and fame, HE IS ROCK 'N' ROLL!
If it's good enough for me,
It should be good enough for you.
--Jerry Lee Lewis
jllWAfan1982

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:25 pm

jllWAfan1982 wrote:Rockabilly? Ugh, who likes that shit. As JLL said during at interview at the 1986 rock and roll hall and fame, HE IS ROCK 'N' ROLL!

I wouldn't quite call Jerry Lee Lewis Rockabilly either, but I think you'll find most people on here prefer it to Michael Jackson, Duran Duran & The Pet Shop Boys... :roll:
peterchecksfield

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:43 pm

Peter, there ae NUMEROUS musical styles I listen to from all eras, past and present. I don't just lock myself onto one or two musical genres from 50 years ago and devote all my musical energies to that, whilst childishly dismissing all other types of music as lesser.

JLL is a good musician, but he is far from the greatest. And Michael Jackson, Pet Shop Boys, and Duran Duran are quite far from that as well.

Neil Sedaka is the greatest. (Just kidding.) Sorry, but rockabilly in and of itself is not that awful, but I hate to see JLL mentioned with it as he is vastly superior to it, and it annoys me when he is called that. True rock 'n' roll from the 50's and 60's is vastly superior to rockabilly, in general.
--Jerry Lee Lewis
jllWAfan1982

Postby thrund » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:06 pm

jllWAfan1982 wrote:...JLL is a good musician, but he is far from the greatest....

As Jerry mentioned himself:
'I'm not the greatest.......but, I'm the best!
...and he is right!!!

jllWAfan1982 wrote: ...And Michael Jackson, Pet Shop Boys, and Duran Duran are quite far from that as well. ....

What's that all?....never heard from....is it food?
:evil: :evil: :evil:
thrund

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:10 pm

Would have been a lot better, had he not had alcohol and substance abuse problems, and had he treated his career more seriously.
--Jerry Lee Lewis
jllWAfan1982

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:12 pm

jllWAfan1982 wrote:Peter, there ae NUMEROUS musical styles I listen to from all eras, past and present.

So do I, as most people on here know (see my blog for further proof!).

jllWAfan1982 wrote:And Michael Jackson, Pet Shop Boys, and Duran Duran are quite far from that as well.

They're quite far from being music too. :oops:
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:14 pm

jllWAfan1982 wrote:Would have been a lot better, had he not had alcohol and substance abuse problems, and had he treated his career more seriously.

I disagree. Jerry's lifestyle has always been a BIG part of his music. It's impossible to imagine one without the other.
peterchecksfield

PreviousNext

Return to Archive