Piet's stories

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:10 pm

Where is Piet?
wolfgangguhl

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:26 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:Where is Piet?

He doesn't seem to be on FaceBook anymore either. :?
peterchecksfield

Postby bailbath » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:36 pm

I think he is on holiday till tomorrow I will email him to tell him you miss him.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby thrund » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:58 am

bailbath wrote:

I think he is on holiday till tomorrow I will email him to tell him you miss him.
Ian

.....miss him too..... 8)
thrund

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Where is Piet?
wolfgangguhl

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Maybe he's had enough of the Lewises? Just before he left he seemed pissed off with Annie for some reason, someone he always praised highly previously...

Piet wrote:
thrund wrote:Annie's new CD 'Heart To Heart' will be available as real thing (factory CD) next week.

Thomas

Didn't know she has a heart :roll:
peterchecksfield

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:53 pm

Well, I don't believe he is gone for good 'cause he never said goodbye...
wolfgangguhl

Postby Perk » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Well Piet is probably out taking care of himself. He indeed went through a terrible thing losing his lovely wife Els.

I´m sure Piet comes back whe he is ready.
Perk

Postby Dave McKee » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:42 am

Any news of Piet?
Dave McKee

Postby bailbath » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:03 pm

He is just keeping a low profile at the mo we talked via email last month.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby jayhawks » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:59 am

hope he`s doing well!

if he reads this:

ALL THE BEST & be back soon!
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

Postby Piet » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Dear friends,
First of all, thanks for the support over the last few years, I was moved by some private mails I’ve got while I was taking a break from writing on the forum, I did check up regally on all the posts posted on this forum.
I decided to take that break to see if I would miss the Lewis scene since I’ve gotten less interested in Jerry Lee Lewis and his music over the last year.
As you all known and can read in my stories, Els was the one who was the drive behind the relation with Jerry, his music and his family, as a good husband I did everything to make my wife happy and I supported her in this hobby, for me it was an occasion to travel and make friends over the world, not only in the Lewis-family but most of them we’ve met while staying close with the Lewis fans.
First of all there was Wim de Boer, who still has my deepest respect as the man who I can consider as the man who held Jerry Lee Lewis in the picture, running the fanclub for 47 years, even until now he has to put out a magazine every 2 months with only the help from loyal fans around the world.
Secondly there’s Kenny Lovelace who is, without a doubt, the best thing that ever came Jerry’s way, also for 43 years he’s the one who held Jerry on stage, without him, Jerry would be forgotten long ago and no one on this forum will deny this fact.
Then there’s Kerrie who did a lot for Jerry Lee and I agree with Peter she helped him out of the trouble with the IRS and did a lot for the fans and the fanclub, of course she did everything possible to raise money for Jerry and herself but her father Bob McCarver was a crook, well he was a car salesman so maybe we can’t blame him for being this way.
Not on the last place there’s Phoebe, I can understand why some of the members on this forum think different about her but knowing what she has done in the past you have to give her the benefit of the doubt, she took over when Jerry and Kerrie were breaking up and took care of the things of her father, if Jerry had to deal himself with this he would have come out of this without a penny, (it’s a normal thing that the ex-wives try to rip of their husbands) and since then Phoebe took over Jerry’s career and we have to admit she did a reasonable job, he’s still playing and recording although we know he’s not doing the things we expect from him.
On the other hand we’ve met some pretty strange people, hanging around Jerry for reasons that had less to do with just being a fan or friend, I never wrote about them in my stories nor will I write down their names but believe me I saw a lot, while Els was enjoying her selves hanging around Jerry and the band, I was the one who took pictures and was filming and therefore I noticed all kind of things in the background that disturbed me a lot over those years and I can't deal with that anymore, it's not my style and I don't wanne be seen as one of them.
I still don’t know if I’m going to any of the forthcoming shows, life’s different without Els by my side, then there would be no arguing, she would go, with or without me, but there’s so much coming back being among the good friends I have in the Lewis-scene that it brings back all those good memories and that hurts.
I will stay on the forum because I like to read all those good, strange or silly posts and maybe I will step in on some treads if I feel I can shine my light on it in some way or another.
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks for your insights Piet, great to have you back on here my friend! As for the shows & this forum etc, just do what you feel is right for yourself. I know what you mean about some of the people who hang around Jerry, I certainly don't miss all that.
peterchecksfield

Postby thrund » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Good to hear from you Piet and thanks for clear up some points.
I would much like to meet you again in the future, to talk with you and have some drinks together but of course I can understand your current situation.

Thomas
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
thrund

Postby Piet » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:39 pm

thrund wrote:Good to hear from you Piet and thanks for clear up some points.
I would much like to meet you again in the future, to talk with you and have some drinks together but of course I can understand your current situation.

Thomas

That's where it's all about, being among friends, drink and talk together about music but there's more in life than JLL, that's what I learned in the last year.
My life will never be the same.
Piet

PreviousNext

Return to Archive