What professional recorded video material is available?

What professional recorded video material is available?

Postby nicolaas » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:41 pm

I have seen pretty much clips on Youtube which are very good, and in some a cameraman can be seen on stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLH1g1R5RVs

Anyone got some more information on this?
Is there something like a (more or less) complete list of professional recorded videomaterial of Jerry Lee ?

nicolaas

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Use the "search" facility on here:

http://www.topfreeforum.com/jerryleelew ... ryleelewis

As for a complete list, that would be impossible if we tried to include unbroadcast / unreleased footage also. How would we know if a news crew filmed 2 minutes or 60 minutes? Even most people who attend the concerts & see cameras don't know how much is being filmed.
peterchecksfield

Postby nicolaas » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:52 pm

Hi Peter,

I did use the search facility but couldnt find the answer to my question, but ill search again as it should be here somewhere?.

And thats why i named it a sort of complete list. We could maybe try to make that list together? But i assumed there was maybe a list already.

Greets, nico
nicolaas

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:56 pm

nicolaas wrote:Hi Peter,

I did use the search facility but couldnt find the answer to my question, but ill search again as it should be here somewhere?.

And thats why i named it a sort of complete list. We could maybe try to make that list together? But i assumed there was maybe a list already.

Greets, nico

The answer to your question is on the Paris 2008 thread (linked above). They filmed for a documentary & Jerry said...well, read for yourself! :wink:

My DVD list features all circulating footage.
peterchecksfield

Postby nicolaas » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:04 pm

Ok thanks a lot Peter.and sorry i put up this new post :o
nicolaas

Postby martin bates » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:03 pm

nicolaas wrote:Ok thanks a lot Peter.and sorry i put up this new post :o

Peters' right...a full list would be impossible unless by 'professionally recorded' you mean a list of 'officiallly available' material;in which case the JLL website is a good place to start. Paris was 'filmed' for the big screens in the venue......but it was said they were filming for a documenary as well,and ,as Jerry commented ,they got the whole show. But to me,in the arena, the pictures on the big screens were coming from the cameras on the stage. So,if that was the case -they'd have to film the 'whole show' anyway.
Martin.
martin bates

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:08 pm

martin bates wrote:
nicolaas wrote:Ok thanks a lot Peter.and sorry i put up this new post :o

Peters' right...a full list would be impossible unless by 'professionally recorded' you mean a list of 'officiallly available' material;in which case the JLL website is a good place to start. Paris was 'filmed' for the big screens in the venue......but it was said they were filming for a documenary as well,and ,as Jerry commented ,they got the whole show. But to me,in the arena, the pictures on the big screens were coming from the cameras on the stage. So,if that was the case -they'd have to film the 'whole show' anyway.
Martin.

Actually I don't think they need to "film" (as in videotaping, recording, keep a record of, etc) just to put the images onto those large screens - early live TV shows weren't filmed in that sense either. But Jerry couldn't have known what parts they were & weren't recording whilst doing his show, though it's been suggested that maybe Jerry was referring to something else (the soundman perhaps?).

Anyway, if someone here wants to try to compile a list of all TV shows (whether currently available or not) and other available footage then I'll be glad to help / correct the list later...unfortunately I haven't got time to do this completely by myself right now. I suggest we do not include amateur footage in the list though.
peterchecksfield

Postby nicolaas » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:35 pm

Im sure you guys must have lists already. We could use one for a basis.
A list everybody could use for reference and see what is missing is his collection.
I dont have much in my collection yet, maybe 6 or 7 dvds. And i have no clue of whats available of the man.
As i told when i introduced myself on the board, i'm more of an Elvisfan, but i was at the show in Heineken Music Hall and i loved it. I was in 1994 in Paradiso and thats the only two times i saw him. Both shows were great to me.

I should put the good audiencerecorded footage in too, and leave the bad out.

Greets, nicolaas
nicolaas

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:12 pm

nicolaas wrote:

Who decides what's "good" or "bad"? We all have different opinions on this. An example of this is the footage from Dalton, Georgia in 1979. It has very clear audio from the mixing desk, & it's very steady (filmed on a tripod) & up close, but it's also rather dark. So, some people love it, & other's find it almost unwatchable.

Perhaps one idea would be to have a seperate list of all known amateur footage, but of course the "problem" is that ALL shows these days are filmed, even if it's just a few seconds of very poor quality footage on a mobile phone...
peterchecksfield

Postby Maarten K. » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:49 am

Pierre made a list of tv-appereances (available and not available) altough that one hasn't been updated in quite a while. But that's a good starting point for a possible new list. I think it's somewhere in the files section on the Yahoo forum (at least it used to be).
Maarten K.

Postby bailbath » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:40 am

I'm going to change the title of this thread as it has migrated to include a wider subject.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby peterchecksfield » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:25 am

Maarten K. wrote:Pierre made a list of tv-appereances (available and not available) altough that one hasn't been updated in quite a while. But that's a good starting point for a possible new list. I think it's somewhere in the files section on the Yahoo forum (at least it used to be).

If someone wants to grab this & attempt to update it then I'll gladly help afterwards (& don't forget to give Pierre a credit!).
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:42 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
nicolaas wrote:

Who decides what's "good" or "bad"? We all have different opinions on this...

Tell me Nicolaas & others, would you consider this "good" or "bad":

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkVCdTF4Po :?:
peterchecksfield

Postby Piet » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:08 am

I would call this bad to view (why I told somewhere else) but the sound is great, maybe it's better to close your eyes and listen :P
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby Maarten K. » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:32 am

Piet wrote:I would call this bad to view (why I told somewhere else) but the sound is great, maybe it's better to close your eyes and listen :P

Did you and Els already got a change to take that walk down memory lane? I wonder if seeing the shows after all those years bring back memories you've forgotten. If so, please share with us.

Greetings to Els and I guess you're (unofficially) retired now?
Maarten K.

Next

Return to Archive