Jerry to meet the press? Pre Euro tour 2008

Postby Tommy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:38 pm

He looks much healthier then he did 2 years ago! Let´s hope he promotes the coming record better then LMS!
Tommy

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:43 pm

Tommy wrote: Let´s hope he promotes the coming record better then LMS!

He promotes LMS at nearly every show.
peterchecksfield

Postby Tommy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:55 pm

Well I wouldn´t count "Before the night is over" as a promotion...
Tommy

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:07 pm

Tommy wrote:Well I wouldn´t count "Before the night is over" as a promotion...

If he plays it and mentions that it's on his "new" album then it's promotion, whether you like the song or not (& I don't like it much myself). He's certainly given LMS far more promotion than he did 'Youngblood' in 1995.

If you include LMS Live & all those promotional videos, TV appearances & interviews he did in late 2006, then he's probably given this album more promotion than ANY other album.
peterchecksfield

Postby Tommy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:00 pm

Of course in that sense. But the biggest form of promotion, in my point of view, is playing the songs live once in a while. And in that case LMS hasn´t been promoted that much.
Tommy

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Tommy wrote:Of course in that sense. But the biggest form of promotion, in my point of view, is playing the songs live once in a while. And in that case LMS hasn´t been promoted that much.

A concert reaches several thousand people at the most; a TV show reaches several million people...

Of course I too wish he'd include more recent stuff (I'd love to hear 'Rock & Roll' as well as 'Goosebumps' from the previous album when I see him on tuesday!), but as real "promotion" this wouldn't sell him many more CDs.
peterchecksfield

Postby Tony Papard » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:06 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
Tommy wrote:Of course in that sense. But the biggest form of promotion, in my point of view, is playing the songs live once in a while. And in that case LMS hasn´t been promoted that much.

A concert reaches several thousand people at the most; a TV show reaches several million people...

Of course I too wish he'd include more recent stuff (I'd love to hear 'Rock & Roll' as well as 'Goosebumps' from the previous album when I see him on tuesday!), but as real "promotion" this wouldn't sell him many more CDs.

Where the TV promotion was missing, of course, was in places outside USA like the UK. Apart from things like the David Letterman Show, shown in the early hours on some satellite/cable/freeview channels of course.

He never appeared on any UK or European chat show to my knowledge promoting the album. He's in London now but hasn't been seen on any of the TV chat shows.

He does mention the album in 'live' shows like tonight when he did 'Before The Night Is Over', though he didn't say the title of the album.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby bailbath » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:11 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/oc ... ick-jagger

Jerry Lee Lewis to work with the Stones again?
The 73-year-old rock'n'roller is planning to collaborate with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards on a new blues album in 2009

* Sean Michaels
* guardian.co.uk,
* Monday October 27 2008 09.56 GMT
* Article history

Jerry Lee Lewis at the start of his 2008 European tour

Go Jerry ... Lee Lewis at the start of his European tour. Photograph: Zak Hussein/PA

It's been a long time, but Jerry Lee Lewis is confident that the Rolling Stones remember who he is. The rock'n'roll legend is planning a blues-tinged album for next year, with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards both making guest appearances.

"I have known them back when they were real young kids," Lewis said at London press conference. "Ain't that something? They ain't kids no more."

No, they ain't kids. Jagger is 65, Richards 64, and Lewis is himself 73 years old. But whereas many a contemporary musician would jump at the chance to record with the Killer, Lewis doesn't seem to hang about with anyone younger than around 50. His most recent album, 2006's Last Man Standing, featured cameos by Neil Young, Buddy Guy, Little Richard, Ringo Starr, and indeed Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ron Wood.

Lewis's one nod to the 21st century was a duet with 37-year-old Kid Rock, a man not exactly perceived as Jerry Lee Lewis's inheritor.

Still, as Lewis kicks off his European tour, he is excited to "probably" be working with the Stones again, particularly for this new, "far out stuff" he has started work on. He has even been listening to music on an iPod, lent to him by his daughter.

And yet despite this toe-dip into the realm of consumer electronics, Lewis emphasised that he is still "a mean old man". "That's the name of a song we've just recorded," he added.

Now there's a track with some room for cameos.
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby bailbath » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:14 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/681 ... new-record

Story Image

Monday October 27,2008

Rock and roll icon JERRY LEE LEWIS wants to collaborate with two fellow music legends on his new album - ROLLING STONES duo MICK JAGGER and KEITH RICHARDS.

The Great Balls Of Fire hitmaker is due to begin a European tour with a performance in London next week (begs27Oct08) - and has written new material for an upcoming LP.

And he is adamant the new record will be a star-studded affair, because he will "probably have" Jagger and Richards into the studio with him.

He says, "I have known them back when they were kids. Ain't that something? They ain't kids no more."

Lewis also insists the hellraising reputation that led to his nickname The Killer is still intact, adding: "Yes sir. I'm a mean old man. That's the name of a song we've just recorded.

"I enjoy music and I enjoy playing the crowds. If they ever stop coming I'll just quit playing."
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby bailbath » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:17 pm

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/ar ... rd_1084655

Rock and roll icon JERRY LEE LEWIS wants to collaborate with two fellow music legends on his new album - ROLLING STONES duo MICK JAGGER and KEITH RICHARDS.
The Great Balls Of Fire hitmaker is due to begin a European tour with a performance in London next week (begs27Oct08) - and has written new material for an upcoming LP.
And he is adamant the new record will be a star-studded affair, because he will "probably have" Jagger and Richards into the studio with him.
He says, "I have known them back when they were kids. Ain't that something? They ain't kids no more."
Lewis also insists the hellraising reputation that led to his nickname The Killer is still intact, adding: "Yes sir. I'm a mean old man. That's the name of a song we've just recorded.
"I enjoy music and I enjoy playing the crowds. If they ever stop coming I'll just quit playing."
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby bailbath » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:20 pm

All these articles have sprung from that one press interview Jerry must said the right things I wonder if there was a script he was advised to stick too or if it was 'off the cuff' remarks.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby RickyNC » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:35 am

peterchecksfield wrote:

I agree i would like to hear more songs from LMS album i think Rock n Roll would make a great opening number to start the show.I'm just glad Jerry is still performing and doing shows
RickyNC

Postby martin bates » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:31 pm

bailbath wrote:All these articles have sprung from that one press interview Jerry must said the right things I wonder if there was a script he was advised to stick too or if it was 'off the cuff' remarks.
Ian

I'm fresh back from London & catching up. I attended the conference & when I gather my thoughts I'll do a summary - but it was all 'off the cuff'. JW sat by Jerry and helped clarify some questions.

Martin
martin bates

Postby Perk » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:31 am

There´s so many threads now, i have no idea where to post it. But this link came from Swedish fan Mattias, It´s a video of Jerry Lee at the press conference in London.

http://tv.daltid.se/dtplay.php?cs=dalti ... 19&id=3988

Hope you all can see it! I will try to see how to save it.
Perk

Postby jonny williams » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:06 am

Thanks Perk......great clip !
jonny williams

PreviousNext

Return to Archive