Jerry to meet the press? Pre Euro tour 2008

Jerry to meet the press? Pre Euro tour 2008

Postby bailbath » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:19 pm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 003395.ece

The Face: Jerry Lee Lewis

Great balls of fire, he’s back

When “The Killer” meets the British press today the questioning should be less frenzied than the furore that greeted the rock’n’roller in 1958 when it was discovered that his third wife, Myra, was only 13.

The scandal almost destroyed the volatile piano pounder, whose lifelong struggle to reconcile a strict Pentecostal upbringing with the lure of licentious music usually ended with the Devil having the upper hand.

The mix of hillbilly boogie and black rhythm’n’blues that fired Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On prompted hysteria at concerts.

Lewis questioned whether the violence and tragedies that befell him – the deaths of two of his children and two wives – was in some way punishment for his excessive “party animal” life.

Even at 73, expect Great Balls of Fire to rage when he puts in a long overdue appearance at a rare London gig next week.
Last edited by bailbath on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby bailbath » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:21 pm

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.htm ... _a_source=
http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/entert ... ock_n_roll
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/sho ... ticle.html

Jerry set for Rock n' Roll fest
Friday, October 24, 2008

Jerry Lee Lewis is in town for the festival
Great Balls Of Fire singer Jerry Lee Lewis is in town for this year's London Rock n' Roll Festival.

US artists Jack Scott, Wanda Jackson, Frankie Ford and Linda Gail Lewis will also be around to perform one of two concerts on Tuesday, October 28 and Saturday, November 8 at the Forum in Kentish Town.

They will be joined by UK stars Crazy Caravan and the Rhythm Rockers, Diz And The Doormen, and Darrel Higham And The Enforcers.

A third concert featuring Little Richard, Little Willie Littlefield and Mike Sanchez has been postponed until March 2009.

To book tickets go to www.londonrocknroll.com or call Ticketmaster on 0844 847 2405.
Last edited by bailbath on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Let's hope it's true (though he should do some sort of publicity stunt for maximum effect - a 12-year-old on each arm should do it!). :wink:
peterchecksfield

Postby bailbath » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:31 pm

Now that would be a publicity stunt!!
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby Piet » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:05 pm

bailbath wrote:
They will be joined by UK stars Crazy Caravan and the Rhythm Rockers, Diz And The Doormen, and Darrel Higham And The Enforcers.

Good reporters over there in England, this reminds me of a story I have to tell you'll about the time that they travelled Holland in search for places to play, long timer ago but it'll take some time :twisted:
Piet

Postby Tony Papard » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:19 pm

bailbath wrote:http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?Rock_n_Roll&in_article_id=372274&in_page_id=7&in_a_source=
http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/entert ... ock_n_roll
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/sho ... ticle.html

Jerry set for Rock n' Roll fest
Friday, October 24, 2008

Jerry Lee Lewis is in town for the festival
Great Balls Of Fire singer Jerry Lee Lewis is in town for this year's London Rock n' Roll Festival.

US artists Jack Scott, Wanda Jackson, Frankie Ford and Linda Gail Lewis will also be around to perform one of two concerts on Tuesday, October 28 and Saturday, November 8 at the Forum in Kentish Town.

A third concert featuring Little Richard, Little Willie Littlefield and Mike Sanchez has been postponed until March 2009.

To book tickets go to www.londonrocknroll.com or call Ticketmaster on 0844 847 2405.

Let's hope this late publicity will help Jim sell the last 600 or so tickets.

The printed edition of Metro today had no mention of Jerry's visit or the gigs, but the listings are mainly for the gigs on the actual day, so his Forum concert probably won't be listed till Tuesday's edition.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby Alvin » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Jerry Lee wants Stones on new album
PA Entertainment

Jerry Lee Lewis wants the Stones on his new album
Jerry Lee Lewis said he is hoping to get Mick Jagger and Keith Richards onboard for his new album.

The 73-year-old, who is planning a blues-tinged record for release next year, is headlining at the London Rock 'n' Roll Festival on Tuesday at Kentish Town Forum.

The event kicks off the Great Balls Of Fire musician's European tour.

At a press conference in London, Lewis said he would "probably have" the two Rolling Stones guesting on the new album.

He described the record as "far out stuff. It's really good".

Speaking of the Stones, Lewis said: "I have known them back when they were real young kids...

"Ain't that something? They ain't kids no more."

Asked if he was still "The Killer" - his nickname - Lewis replied: "Yes sir. I'm a mean old man. That's the name of a song we've just recorded."

Lewis said: "I enjoy music and I enjoy playing the crowds. If they ever stop coming I'll just quit playing."

He said he sometimes listened to music on an iPod lent to him by his daughter Phoebe Lewis.
Alvin

Postby bailbath » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:08 pm

Mean old man great title!!
I'm glad JLL has done this press conference really sets things up for 2morrow, Yes 2morrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby bailbath » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:10 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... album.html

Jerry Lee Lewis expects Rolling Stones to feature on new album
Jerry Lee Lewis expects Mick Jagger and Keith Richards to guest on his new album.

Last Updated: 8:26PM BST 24 Oct 2008
Jerry Lee Lewis - Jerry Lee Lewis expects Rolling Stones to feature on new album
Lewis says he knew the Rolling Stones when they were 'real young kids' Photo: PA

The 73-year-old, who is planning a blues-tinged record for release next year, is headlining at the London Rock 'n' Roll Festival on Tuesday at Kentish Town Forum.

The event kicks off the Great Balls Of Fire musician's European tour.

At a press conference in London, Lewis said he would "probably have" the two Rolling Stones guesting on the new album.

He described the record as "far out stuff. It's really good".

Speaking of the Stones, Lewis said: "I have known them back when they were real young kids...Ain't that something? They ain't kids no more."

Asked if he was still "The Killer" - his nickname - Lewis replied: "Yes sir. I'm a mean old man. That's the name of a song we've just recorded."

Lewis said: "I enjoy music and I enjoy playing the crowds. If they ever stop coming I'll just quit playing."

He said he sometimes listened to music on an iPod lent to him by his daughter Phoebe Lewis.

Asked how he spends his spare time, Lewis said: "I usually lay on my bed, watch the Fox news channel and it's McCain, Obama, McCain, Obama.

"When they cease this happening I don't know what I'm going to do."

Asked how he would be voting, Lewis replied: "I don't even vote."

But when he was later asked about his music, he blurted out, to laughter: "I voted for McCain".

Lewis said rock n' roll audiences today are "just as wild as they always were".

For more information about the festival go to www.londonrocknroll.com
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby richjohnson26 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:27 pm

My work colleague had BBC radio 6 on at work this evening and I couldn't believe my ears when I heard clips of the Jerry-Lee interview and news about the new album, got me smiling!

Today's Music News
Jerry Lee Lewis
Jerry Lee Lewis
Great Balls of Fire... a legend is in town
24 October 2008 - Jerry Lee Lewis managed to avoid answering any questions about the scandals, which in the past, almost threatened to destroy his career today (24 October), as the American rock 'n' roll legend appeared in front of the world's media in London to promote his upcoming tour.

Pausing briefly for shots on a grand piano the music pioneer was bullied into his seat by his daughter Phoebe Lewis, who spent part of the press conference attempting her own replies to most of the questions directed at the ageing rocker who at times had problems hearing.

You'd be forgiven then for wondering how, at the age of 73, Jerry Lee Lewis can still perform live and embark on a string of shows across Europe that will see him playing in London later on this month.

The answer lies in the mix of hillbilly boogie and black rhythm'n'blues that has created hysteria at concerts recently - indeed when asked whether he thought he would have made it this far he replied:

"Yeah, I kind of felt like I would, I felt like I was obligated to anyway, I enjoy my music and I enjoy playing to crowds, and if they ever stop coming, I'll quit playing."

Lewis will be releasing a new album, the follow up to 2006's Last Man Standing, sometime in 2009, and revealed that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards would be featuring on the new record, "I have known them back when they were kids, like really young kids", he said.

"If they ever stop coming, i'll quit playing."
Jerry Lee Lewis

The next instalment he claims will be "the best thing" he's done, he went onto explain that Kris Kristofferson, who once worked with Johnny Cash and dated Janis Joplin before her death, would be working alongside him on the record:

"All the songs we were going to record we didn’t record, boy, he brought some of the hardest songs I have ever seen in my life to learn, and we're still working on it as a matter of fact".

When "The Killer" isn't making music or touring he admits he watches Fox News and even listens to his daughter's iPod.

He was also quick to point out that he's already voted for John McCain to be the next President of the United States and even admitted to the press that his favourite ever Christmas song is Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer, needless to say he's thinking of recording a Christmas album next year.

Along with US artists Jack Scott, Wanda Jackson, Frankie Ford and Linda Gail Lewis, the Great Balls of Fire singer will be performing one of two concerts on Tuesday 28 October and Saturday 8 November at the Forum in Kentish Town in London.

Live Dates:

November 1 CCH Hamburg
November 4 Tempodrom Berlin
November 8 Finlandia Hall Helsinki
November 10 Zurich (+ Chuck Berry)
November 14 Le Zenith Paris (+ Chuck Berry)
November 16 Falconer Hall Copenhagen
November 19 Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
November 22 SAP Arena (+ Chuck Berry)
Novemebr 26 Vorst National Brussels
November 29 Eiendals Arena Leksland
December 3 Gasometer Viena
richjohnson26

Spanish press

Postby bailbath » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:06 am

http://elmercuriodigital.es/content/view/14058/356/

Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Wanda Jackson y Jack Scott estarán en el London Rockandroll PDF Imprimir Correo
Escrito por WC
24-10-2008

El Festival de Londres Rock'n'Roll (londonrocknroll.com) ofrece este año una oportunidad excepcional para ver y escuchar a los auténticos pioneros del género, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Wanda Jackson y Jack Scott, en dos conciertos que tendrán lugar en octubre y noviembre.

Jerry Lee Lewis Jack Scott, Wanda Jackson, Linda Gail Lewis y Darrel Higham And The Enforcer actuarán el martes, 28 de octubre. Jack Scott, Frankie Ford, Crazy Caravan and the Rhythm Rockers y Diz And The Doormen lo harán el sábado, 8 de noviembre en el Foro Ciudad en Kentish.

Un tercer concierto con Little Richard, Little Willie Littlefield y Mike Sanchez se ha aplazado hasta marzo de 2009.

www.jerryleelewis.com
Jerry Lee Lewis

Tue 28 October, 7-11pm; THE FORUM, 9-17 Highgate Road, London NW5
JERRY LEE LEWIS
& THE KILLER BAND
+ LINDA GAIL LEWIS
with Darrel Higham and the Enforcers
+ very special guest (flying in from Oklahoma for this one show)
WANDA JACKSON
with Wes McGhee & The London Party-Timers

Tickets: £49 dancing (stalls); £69 unreserved seating (balcony)
Buy tickets
Jack Scott

Sat 08 November, 7pm-12 midnight; THE FORUM, 9-17 Highgate Road, London NW5
JACK SCOTT
& HIS ALL AMERICAN BAND
+ CRAZY CAVAN & THE RHYTHM ROCKERS
plus very special guest (flying in from New Orleans exclusively)
FRANKIE "SEA CRUISE" FORD
+ Diz & The Doormen

Tickets: £29 dancing (stalls); £39 unreserved seating (balcony)
Buy tickets
Little Richard

POSTPONED to 2009, New Date To Be Advised
THE FORUM, 9-17 Highgate Road, London NW5
LITTLE RICHARD
+ MIKE SANCHEZ & HIS BAND
plus very special guest (flying in exclusively)
LITTLE WILLIE LITTLEFIELD

Tickets: £49 dancing (stalls); £69 unreserved seating (balcony)
Buy tickets

bailbath

Site Admin

Re: Spanish press

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:35 am

bailbath wrote:Tue 28 October, 7-11pm; THE FORUM, 9-17 Highgate Road, London NW5
JERRY LEE LEWIS
& THE KILLER BAND
+ LINDA GAIL LEWIS
with Darrel Higham and the Enforcers
+ very special guest (flying in from Oklahoma for this one show)
WANDA JACKSON
with Wes McGhee & The London Party-Timers

Does Annie live in Oklahoma?
peterchecksfield

Postby Jos » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Jos

Postby thrund » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:16 pm

:D
good done, thanks!
thrund

Postby niek81 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:52 pm

niek81