What Song(s) Will You Request On The Next Tour?

Postby Dougie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:46 pm

Everytime i think of a song another one pops into my mind, most of them unrealistic..... At the moment its Bottles And Barstools...or maybe End Of The Road, I seem to remember a fantastic version from Newport.
Dougie

Postby peterchecksfield » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:59 pm

Dougie wrote:Everytime i think of a song another one pops into my mind, most of them unrealistic..... At the moment its Bottles And Barstools...or maybe End Of The Road, I seem to remember a fantastic version from Newport.

'End Of The Road' certainly isn't unrealistic (he did it in New York a couple of weeks back!). I recall a great 'Bottles & Barstools' at Cambridge in '87, still my all-time favourite gig!
peterchecksfield

Postby Piet » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm gonne ask for a gospel song, have to think of the right one. :P
Piet

Postby peterchecksfield » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:17 pm

Piet wrote:I'm gonne ask for a gospel song, have to think of the right one. :P

I like slow songs such as 'The Old Rugged Cross', 'The Old Country Church' & 'He Looked Beyond My Fault', but these might bring Jerry down these days, so perhaps something a little faster such as 'The Lily Of The Valley' or 'Jesus Is On The Mainline'?
peterchecksfield

Postby Key_Okuna » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:50 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:

I like slow songs such as 'The Old Rugged Cross', 'The Old Country Church' & 'He Looked Beyond My Fault', but these might bring Jerry down these days, so perhaps something a little faster such as 'The Lily Of The Valley' or 'Jesus Is On The Mainline'?

What about "In The Garden"? Great version from Austin TX! I don't know if he has played it more times since there.
Visit my youtube channel and find some good JLL videos!
http://www.youtube.com/jerryleerules
Key_Okuna

Postby Piet » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:54 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:

Having played your CD last sunday I thought also of requesting "The Lily of the Valley" but have not decided yet, well still 4 weeks to go :cry:
Piet

Postby Dougie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:46 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Dougie wrote:Everytime i think of a song another one pops into my mind, most of them unrealistic..... At the moment its Bottles And Barstools...or maybe End Of The Road, I seem to remember a fantastic version from Newport.

'End Of The Road' certainly isn't unrealistic (he did it in New York a couple of weeks back!). I recall a great 'Bottles & Barstools' at Cambridge in '87, still my all-time favourite gig!

Yeah i know i have much better shout with End of the Road, sometimes i feel a bit guilty of yelling out between songs, so i maybe just keep quiet...unless he says...So what do you wanna hear!!!
Dougie

Postby Maarten K. » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:18 am

Piet wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:

Having played your CD last sunday I thought also of requesting "The Lily of the Valley" but have not decided yet, well still 4 weeks to go :cry:

At the 2006 European concerts Jerry played every request you and Wim made, right? So, a big responsibility is on your shoulders :wink:

Has Jerry played every request you and Wim made? Or has he refused to play a certain song as well? Surely, that must have happened in over all those 30+ years.
Maarten K.

Postby Piet » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:22 am

He played a lot of the request from Wim but I myself didn't ask for much in the past, Els did some request wich he played.
I will see what's gonne happen this time. :roll:
Piet

Postby Tommy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:08 pm

Anything from LMS except Old glory and Don´t be ashamed of you´re age!
Tommy

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:00 pm

Dougie wrote: sometimes i feel a bit guilty of yelling out between songs, so i maybe just keep quiet...unless he says...So what do you wanna hear!!!

I got an audio of the recent New York show today, & I haven't heard him so willing & encouraging requests since the birthday shows a few years back! So if he's in the same mood in London then you've nothing to feel guilty about...unless you request GBOF! ; )

PS. Please everyone, do NOT ask me to trade any CDs or DVDs for a while! Unless I've already agreed otherwise, I'm not doing any more trades until December as I've far too much to do...thanks!
peterchecksfield

Postby rockin532000 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:59 am

peterchecksfield wrote:PS. Please everyone, do NOT ask me to trade any CDs or DVDs for a while! Unless I've already agreed otherwise, I'm not doing any more trades until December as I've far too much to do...thanks!

... Christmas shopping for Carol I am assuming.....

Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby Alvin » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:32 pm

I'm gonna request Mean Old Man!
Alvin

Postby bailbath » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:38 pm

Yes Mean old man got to be done!!
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby Piet » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:47 am

bailbath wrote:Bright lights big city
You can have her
Touching home
crawdad hole

He must be happy with your forum that he played one of you requests on the first evening :lol:
Piet

PreviousNext

Return to Archive