What Song(s) Will You Request On The Next Tour?

Postby Richard Harvey » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:09 pm

Bobby McGee wrote:Pick me up on your way down

I Love that song. He did it at the Stoke Manderville 'festival' in '93. That show was great! Though at the time I remember I thought it was a short show.
--
Richard Harvey

Postby Bobby McGee » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:12 pm

Richard Harvey wrote:

I Love that song. He did it at the Stoke Manderville 'festival' in '93. That show was great! Though at the time I remember I thought it was a short show.

Yes it has such a beautiful melody.
And I think Jerry could still do a very good solo in that song these days.

I picked it for these 2 reasons.

I just love the song!
Bobby McGee

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:32 pm

Key_Okuna wrote:Me and Bobby McGee
Middle Aged Crazy
Break Up
Trouble in Mind
Lewis Boogie
Sweet Georgia Brown
She Even Woke Me Up To Say Goodbye
and Breathless!

I know that Jerry wouldn't play any of this songs, specially breathless, but I'd love to see him performing this songs.

'Lewis Boogie', 'Me & Bobby McGee', 'Trouble In Mind' & 'She Even Woke Me Up To Say Goodbye' have all been performed within the last couple of years or so.
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:34 pm

Bobby McGee wrote:Keep my motor running!! (when did he do this the last time? it´s just a great number!)

I think about 1989 (around this time he seemed to drop many semi-regular songs - as well as Kenny's fiddle!).
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:36 pm

Richard Harvey wrote:

Yes, great song! I wasn't at Stoke Mandeville but I've seen him do it at least once, at Wembley '82 (it was on the telecast). Probably even better though is the version on 'The Many Sounds of Jerry Lee'!
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:37 pm

Ulli wrote:Country Memories

Wonderful song!! I miss this kind of material that can't easily be classified (usually these days all he plays is fast rock & roll & slow country + occasionally a little blues).
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:39 pm

Roland Boy wrote:Keep Your Hands Off Of It (aka Birthday Cake)

Incredibly Jerry did a word-perfect version of this in Berlin in 1991!
peterchecksfield

Postby Bobby McGee » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:47 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:Wonderful song!! I miss this kind of material that can't easily be classified

Haha it´s funny,
I´ve asked myself very very often which kind of "style" Country Memories is; is it Country? is it Rock?

I like his Frankfurt 82 version very much.
Fast ROCKING version I think ... :)
Bobby McGee

Postby Bobby McGee » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:56 pm

peterchecksfield wrote: I've seen him do it at least once, at Wembley '82 (it was on the telecast).

... and I like the Wembley 82 live version even more than the studio recording
Bobby McGee

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:11 am

Bobby McGee wrote:Haha it´s funny,
I´ve asked myself very very often which kind of "style" Country Memories is; is it Country? is it Rock?

The studio version was Dixieland! :shock:
peterchecksfield

Postby flip54 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:39 pm

great choice Wolfster, I`d add Life`s Railway To Heaven (and Lincoln Limousine to continue the transport theme)

Phil

ps from another thread I always wanted him to cover Hank Snow's Music Making Mama From Memphis

wolfgangguhl wrote:Waiting For A Train
flip54

Postby Alvin » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:44 pm

I might try for "Big Boss Man" or "Kansas City"
Alvin

Postby Maarten K. » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:37 am

I would ask for Pledging My Love.

I've been blessed to have hear him do it at the Bocholt show. First time I was really moved by a performance of a song. I just could hold back the tears. His current voice suits this song perfectly and makes it even more emotional. He also sang a great version a few days before in Munich.
Definately a song/ moment I will remember for years.
Maarten K.

Postby Piet » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:37 pm

Maarten K. wrote:I would ask for Pledging My Love.

I've been blessed to have hear him do it at the Bocholt show. First time I was really moved by a performance of a song. I just could hold back the tears. His current voice suits this song perfectly and makes it even more emotional. He also sang a great version a few days before in Munich.

Indeed a great song, I remember he sang this one in Brussels 1972 and it was broadcasted on Belgium TV, he was VERY drunk on that show but he did a great version of that song.

Piet
Piet

Postby peterchecksfield » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:19 pm

Piet wrote:
Maarten K. wrote:I would ask for Pledging My Love.

Indeed a great song, I remember he sang this one in Brussels 1972 and it was broadcasted on Belgium TV, he was VERY drunk on that show but he did a great version of that song.

Piet

I agree (I have the audio of Brussels '72). This was of course about 8 months before he even recorded the song.

Anyway, i spoke to someone today who usually talks to Jerry backstage before the U.K. shows & he's going to ask for 'Rock & Roll'! :shock:
peterchecksfield

PreviousNext

Return to Archive