What Song(s) Will You Request On The Next Tour?



Postby thrund » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:33 pm

I'll Sail My Ship Alone
Louisiana Man (incl. Kenny's fiddle of course)
thrund

User avatar
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Germany

Postby Jos » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:10 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Jos wrote:Crying Time :roll:


With or without Linda Gail? :wink:


Without Linda Gail, I Like the version of The greatest Live Show On Earth CD :)
Jos

 
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:49 pm
Location: Etten-Leur

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:17 pm

Tumppi wrote:If I only got chance to make request:

As Far As I'm Concerned
Another Place Another Time
Wild Side Of Life
High School Confidential (though I'm not sure how it would work these days...)
Milkshake Mademoiselle (maybe someday he would really do this...)


Absolutely NO chance of 'Milkshake Mademoiselle' as he probably never even learnt it (people forget that even at Sun Jerry used lyric sheets sometimes, according to Jud Phillips even for 'Great Balls Of Fire'!). Jerry did a line or two of it in London in 1995 though.

The others are possibilities (I think the hardest part of 'HSC' is the intro, but he doesn't always do this).
peterchecksfield

 

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:20 pm

tolazytodie wrote:I'll Sail My Ship Alone
Louisiana Man (incl. Kenny's fiddle of course)


'I'll Sail My Ship Alone' perhaps, but Jerry attempted 'Louisiana Man' in 1991 (Mannheim) & he didn't know the proper chords or lyrics...
peterchecksfield

 

Postby thrund » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:27 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:...but Jerry attempted 'Louisiana Man' in 1991 (Mannheim) & he didn't know the proper chords or lyrics...


OK....a long instrumental with 2 piano, 2 fiddle and 1 guitar solos would be enough....
8)
thrund

User avatar
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Germany

Postby Dirk B. » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:28 pm

Lewis Boogie!
Dirk B.

 
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: Nieheim, Germany

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:30 pm

tolazytodie wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:...but Jerry attempted 'Louisiana Man' in 1991 (Mannheim) & he didn't know the proper chords or lyrics...


OK....a long instrumental with 2 piano, 2 fiddle and 1 guitar solos would be enough....
8)


Kenny won't use his fiddle with Jerry anymore. We managed to persuade him to bring it over for the Feb-March 2004 UK/Holland tour, but Kenny only used it for two shows & apparantly Jerry didn't like it at ALL (though listening to the audios Kenny does sound slightly off-key at times, a little out-of-practice perhaps?).
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Tumppi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:31 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Tumppi wrote:If I only got chance to make request:

As Far As I'm Concerned
Another Place Another Time
Wild Side Of Life
High School Confidential (though I'm not sure how it would work these days...)
Milkshake Mademoiselle (maybe someday he would really do this...)


Absolutely NO chance of 'Milkshake Mademoiselle' as he probably never even learnt it (people forget that even at Sun Jerry used lyric sheets sometimes, according to Jud Phillips even for 'Great Balls Of Fire'!). Jerry did a line or two of it in London in 1995 though.

The others are possibilities (I think the hardest part of 'HSC' is the intro, but he doesn't always do this).


I know, I was only kidding about Milkshake Mademoiselle :lol: . Talking about possible songs, it would be nice to hear how Jerry would do Honey Hush in these days.
Tumppi

 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:08 am
Location: Äetsä, Finland

Postby thrund » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:45 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:Kenny won't use his fiddle with Jerry anymore. We managed to persuade him to bring it over for the Feb-March 2004 UK/Holland tour, but Kenny only used it for two shows & apparantly Jerry didn't like it at ALL (though listening to the audios Kenny does sound slightly off-key at times, a little out-of-practice perhaps?).


You are probably right and I know it's almost impossible to see upcoming shows with the fiddle. :cry:
But it would be great (ok, maybe just for me).
....and Kenny's fiddle playing sounds still good:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=0K1i0vSD188
thrund

User avatar
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Germany

Postby Alvin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:00 pm

Sweet Georgia Brown
Toot Toot Tootsie
I was kinda wondering
Jerico Road
Alvin

 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:28 am

Postby Roland Boy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:29 pm

Keep Your Hands Off Of It (aka Birthday Cake)
Dixie
Carryin' On
Old Black Joe
End Of The Road
Lincoln Limousine :lol:
Just Dropped In :shock:
Let's Put It Back Together
I Can't Seem To Say Goodbye
Jailhouse Rock (Sun style)
I Believe In You
I Could Never Be Ashamed Of You
Come As You Were
Ivory Tears

How many choices am I allowed? :D
Roland Boy

 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:43 pm

Postby Ulli » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:37 pm

What'd I Say
Country Memories
Keep Rockin'
Ulli

User avatar
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Bonn / GER

Postby Richard Harvey » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:50 pm

As with the last handfull of shows I've seen Mark & I will be yelling out for Crazy Arms. He never does it though . . 'cept at shows we aren't at!
--
Richard Harvey

 
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 12:07 am

Postby Key_Okuna » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:42 pm

Me and Bobby McGee
Middle Aged Crazy
Break Up
Trouble in Mind
Lewis Boogie
Sweet Georgia Brown
She Even Woke Me Up To Say Goodbye
and Breathless!

I know that Jerry wouldn't play any of this songs, specially breathless, but I'd love to see him performing this songs.
Visit my youtube channel and find some good JLL videos!
http://www.youtube.com/jerryleerules
Key_Okuna

 
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: Lleida, Catalonia

Postby Bobby McGee » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:59 pm

Keep my motor running!! (when did he do this the last time? it´s just a great number!)

What´d I say

Pick me up on your way down

Old black Joe

Mexicali Rose

Sweet Georgia Brown

I´d do it all again
Bobby McGee

 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests