Salute 1983



Postby peterchecksfield » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:56 pm

Who cares... :tired

...and can't you censor the bad language a little if you're going to repost it on this forum??? Bad language is one thing, but I don't like being shouted AND sworn at! :roll:
peterchecksfield

 

Postby jayhawks » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:16 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:Who cares... :tired

...and can't you censor the bad language a little if you're going to repost it on this forum??? Bad language is one thing, but I don't like being shouted AND sworn at! :roll:



...sorry, that`s just the "transcript" from YOUTUBE.... :roll:
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

User avatar
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:45 am

Postby peterchecksfield » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:22 pm

Well I still find it offensive - remove it or edit it please!!!
peterchecksfield

 

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:10 am

I don't think this should be issued on DVD at all. It could have been nice, but a lot of the guests were awful, as discussed above, and i think they bring the show down so much...there is not much left to release. Best to keep it locked away in the vaults or wherever tv studios store such material.
jllWAfan1982

 
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Pluto

Postby Amadeu » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:09 am

jllWAfan1982 wrote:I don't think this should be issued on DVD at all. It could have been nice, but a lot of the guests were awful, as discussed above, and i think they bring the show down so much...there is not much left to release. Best to keep it locked away in the vaults or wherever tv studios store such material.



I agree.In fact, I havent seen this many times. Its curious..an average show in a fantastic year for Jerry lee
Amadeu

 
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:24 pm
Location: Barcelona,Catalonia

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:38 pm

It would probably sell far more copies than DVDs of "better" JLL solo performances...

Personally I think it's well worth seeing for the great duets with Keith Richards & Little Richard.
peterchecksfield

 

Re:

Postby Tore Christensen » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:49 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:It would probably sell far more copies than DVDs of "better" JLL solo performances...

Personally I think it's well worth seeing for the great duets with Keith Richards & Little Richard.

Talking about Keith Richards, Dave Clark mention "a opening act that became very famous" and Jerry Lee replies the Rolling Stones in 1963. Was this the same tour that Jerry (and Gene Vincent) was backed by the Outlaws?
Tore Christensen

 
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: Salute 1983

Postby PeterC » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:59 pm

I don't believe they ever shared the same concert bill. They did though both appear on the same episode of "Ready, Steady, Go!" on 20th November 1964 (although The Rolling Stones closed the show), so I suspect this is what they're referring to.
PeterC

 
Posts: 3298
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Salute 1983

Postby Tore Christensen » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:39 am

PeterC wrote:I don't believe they ever shared the same concert bill. They did though both appear on the same episode of "Ready, Steady, Go!" on 20th November 1964 (although The Rolling Stones closed the show), so I suspect this is what they're referring to.

Keith says he was 19 years old, born 18.December 1943 = 1962
Tore Christensen

 
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: Salute 1983

Postby PeterC » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:56 am

Tore Christensen wrote:
PeterC wrote:I don't believe they ever shared the same concert bill. They did though both appear on the same episode of "Ready, Steady, Go!" on 20th November 1964 (although The Rolling Stones closed the show), so I suspect this is what they're referring to.

Keith says he was 19 years old, born 18.December 1943 = 1962


Well, he still would've been 19 up to 17th December 1963...

Whatever, I'm convinced they never did any concerts together.
PeterC

 
Posts: 3298
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Previous

Return to Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest