Help with Live CD dates



Help with Live CD dates

Postby TwentySmallCigars » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:31 pm

I have purchased quite a number of 'grey area' live CD's over the years with little or no information included on them, as I'm sure a lot of you have as well.

Since most (if not all) of the forum members are far more knowledgeable than me in this area, I thought I would list the CD's I own along with the label and catalogue number and humbly request your kind assistance in identifying the actual location and dates of the recordings. I will be happy to provide track listings and/or cover art if that will help.

The mystery live CD's in my collection are:

Blast from the Past (Direct Source BPT 13032)
Country Concert (Castle Pie PIESD 053)
Heroes of Rock 'n' Roll (QUAD016B)
Jerry Lee Lewis - Live (Hallmark 701842)
Live and Dangerous (Newsound NST060)
Live in Concert (Pegasus PEG CD 217)
Live in Concert (Tring International GRF050)
Middle Aged Crazy Live! (Fabulous FABCD 189)
Rocket (Instant CD INS 5023)
The Great Jerry Lee Lewis in Concert (ZYX 45068-2)
Whole Lotta Shakin' (Polygram 314 558 496-2)

Any and all info is greatly appreciated, thank you!
TwentySmallCigars

 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby PeterC » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:33 pm

You'll have to post track listings and/or audio samples. I'm not familiar with those CDs but I probably am familiar with the recordings on them.

TwentySmallCigars wrote:I have purchased quite a number of 'grey area' live CD's over the years with little or no information included on them, as I'm sure a lot of you have as well.

Since most (if not all) of the forum members are far more knowledgeable than me in this area, I thought I would list the CD's I own along with the label and catalogue number and humbly request your kind assistance in identifying the actual location and dates of the recordings. I will be happy to provide track listings and/or cover art if that will help.

The mystery live CD's in my collection are:

Blast from the Past (Direct Source BPT 13032)
Country Concert (Castle Pie PIESD 053)
Heroes of Rock 'n' Roll (QUAD016B)
Jerry Lee Lewis - Live (Hallmark 701842)
Live and Dangerous (Newsound NST060)
Live in Concert (Pegasus PEG CD 217)
Live in Concert (Tring International GRF050)
Middle Aged Crazy Live! (Fabulous FABCD 189)
Rocket (Instant CD INS 5023)
The Great Jerry Lee Lewis in Concert (ZYX 45068-2)
Whole Lotta Shakin' (Polygram 314 558 496-2)

Any and all info is greatly appreciated, thank you!
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby TwentySmallCigars » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:54 pm

I have no clue how to post an audio sample, but I'll post the track listings a few posts at a time. Thank you for the reply.

Blast from the Past (Direct Source BPT 13032)
Great Balls of Fire
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Blue Suede Shoes
Memphis
Think About It Darlin'
Come On In
Rockin' My Life Away
Boogie Woogie Man from Tennesse
Doin' the Best He Can
Pick Me Up On Your Way Down
Honky Tonk Feeling
Everybody's Darling

Country Concert (Castle Pie PIESD 053)
What Made Milwaukee Famous
I Can't Stop Loving You
Another Place Another Time
Will the Circle Be Unbroken
Middle Age Crazy
Mexicali Rose
She Even Woke Me Up to Say Goodbye
Touching Home
Your Cheatin' Heart
You Are My Sunshine
Hey Good Lookin'
Thirty Nine and Holding
Bottles and Bar Stools
Careless Hands
Cold Cold Heart
There Must Be More to Love Than This
I'll Find It Where I Can
You Win Again

Heroes of Rock 'n' Roll (QUAD016B)
Great Balls of Fire
What'd I Say
Lucille
Brown Eyed Handsome Man
Hey Good Lookin'
Roll Over Beethoven
Chantilly Lace
Little Queenie
Johnny B Goode
No Headstone On My Grave
Mexicali Rose
I'll Find It Where I Can
High School Confidential
Boogie Woogie Country Man
You Are My Sunshine
Meat Man
Big Legged Woman
Rockin' My Life Away
Who's Gonna Play This Old Piano
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
TwentySmallCigars

 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby PeterC » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:01 pm

Those last two look like Palomino recordings from 1979 and 1986 (if you have any of the other Palomino recordings you can compare them). The first one? At a guess I'd say Dalton 1979 (again you can compare them if you have this).
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby TwentySmallCigars » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:07 pm

Jerry Lee Lewis - Live (Hallmark 701842)
Great Balls of Fire
Hey Baby
Just Because
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Hadacol Boogie
Roll Over Beethoven
Boogie Woogie Country Man / Rockin' My Life Away
Sweet Georgia Brown
Little Queenie
Sweet Little Sixteen
High School Confidential
Drinkin' Wine Spo-dee-o-dee
Down the Line
Come On In
Me and Bobby McGee
Mona Lisa
Georgia On My Mind
What'd I Say

Live and Dangerous (Newsound NST060)
Great Balls of Fire
What'd I Say
Lucille
Brown Eyed Handsome Man
Roll Over Beethoven
Chantilly Lace
Down the Line
Little Queenie
Johnny B. Goode
No Headstone On My Grave
High School Confidential
Boogie Woogie Country Man
Meat Man
Big Legged Woman
Just Because
Rockin' My Life Away
Who's Gonna Play this Old Piano
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On

Live in Concert (Pegasus PEG CD 217)
Who's Sorry Now
Flip, Flop & Fly / Shake, Rattle & Roll
Chantilly Lace
Great Balls of Fire
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
What'd I Say
Honky Tonk Angel
Think About It Darlin'
Help Me Make It Through the Night
Middle Age Crazy
Mona Lisa
Little Queenie
Brown Eyed Handsome Man
Good Golly Miss Molly / Tutti Frutti
Mean Woman Blues
Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone
Boogie Woogie Country Man
Another Place Another Time
Me and Bobby McGee
Rockin' Jerry Lee

Live in Concert (Tring International GRF050)

Who's Sorry Now
Come On In
Shake, Rattle & Roll / Flip, Flop & Fly
What'd I Say
Honky Tonk Angels
Trouble In Mind
Think About It Darlin'
Help Me Make It Through the Night
Middle Age Crazy
I'll Find It Where I Can
Mona Lisa
Little Queenie
Brown Eyed Handsome Man
Good Golly Miss Molly / Tutti Frutti
Mean Woman Blues
Rockin' My Life Away
It All Depends On You
TwentySmallCigars

 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby PeterC » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:18 pm

1st one looks like a mixture of sources (but with many from Vacouver '86), 2nd one Palomino (+ more?), 3rd & 4th unknown live concert circa summer 1980 (I'm guessing these sound like audience recordings, am I right?).
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby TwentySmallCigars » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Middle Aged Crazy Live! (Fabulous FABCD 189)
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Middle Aged Crazy
Roll Over Beethoven
Little Queenie
Crazy Arms
She Even Woke Me Up to Say Goodbye
You Win Again
Sweet Little Sixteen
What'd I Say
Great Balls of Fire
Hadacol Boogie
High School Confidential
Boogie Woogie Country Man / Rockin' My Life Away
I'll Find It Where I Can
Come On In
Who Will the Next Fool Be
Would You Take Another Chance on Me

Rocket (Instant CD INS 5023)
Meat Man
Jailhouse Rock
House of Blue LIghts
Rock 'n' Roll Funeral
Don't Touch Me
Changing Mountains
Beautiful Dreamer
I'm Alone Because I Love You
Lucille
Seventeen
Mathilda
Wake Up Little Susie

The Great Jerry Lee Lewis in Concert (ZYX 45068-2)
CD1

Who's Sorry Noe
Flip, Flop & Fly / Shake, Rattle & Roll
Chantilly Lace
Great Balls of Fire
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
What'd I Say
Honky Tonk Angels
Think About It Darlin'
Help Me Make It Through the Night
Middle Age Crazy
Mona Lisa
Little Queenie
Brown Eyed Handsome Man
Good Golly Miss Molly / Tutti Frutti
Mean Woman Blues
Please Don't Talk About Me
Boogie Woogie Country Man
Another Place Another Time
Me and Bobby McGee
Rockin' Jerry Lee
CD2
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Great Balls of Fire
High School Confidential
It'll Be Me
Breathless
Lovin' Up a Storm
What'd I Say
Livin' Lovin' Wreck
Big Blon' Baby
End of the Road
Down the Line
Mean Woman Blues
You Win Again
Crazy Arms
I've Been Twistin'
Lewis Boogie
Break Up
I'll Sail My Ship Alone
Sweet Little Sixteen
Drinkin' Wine Spo-dee-o-dee

This set also comes with a DVD of a poorly recorded TV broadcast

Whole Lotta Shakin' (Polygram 314 558 496-2)
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Great Balls of Fire
You Win Again
Sweet Dreams
High Heel Sneakers
Turn On Your Love Light
I Love You Because
Forever Forgiving
Come On In
Drinkin' Wine Spo-dee-o-dee
Swinging Doors
Breathless
TwentySmallCigars

 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby TwentySmallCigars » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:23 pm

PeterC wrote:Those last two look like Palomino recordings from 1979 and 1986 (if you have any of the other Palomino recordings you can compare them). The first one? At a guess I'd say Dalton 1979 (again you can compare them if you have this).


Yes, I have the Complete Palomino Recordings set on Tomato Records and the Dalton, GA show, I will do the comparisons, thanks!
TwentySmallCigars

 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby TwentySmallCigars » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:25 pm

PeterC wrote:1st one looks like a mixture of sources (but with many from Vacouver '86), 2nd one Palomino (+ more?), 3rd & 4th unknown live concert circa summer 1980 (I'm guessing these sound like audience recordings, am I right?).


Yes, they do sound like audience recordings. The Tring CD was one of the first CD's (by anybody) that I ever bought, probably 1987 or so. I naively thought in those days that anything digital would have excellent sound. I learned that lesson in a hurry!
TwentySmallCigars

 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby PeterC » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:02 am

TwentySmallCigars wrote:Middle Aged Crazy Live! (Fabulous FABCD 189)
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Middle Aged Crazy
Roll Over Beethoven
Little Queenie
Crazy Arms
She Even Woke Me Up to Say Goodbye
You Win Again
Sweet Little Sixteen
What'd I Say
Great Balls of Fire
Hadacol Boogie
High School Confidential
Boogie Woogie Country Man / Rockin' My Life Away
I'll Find It Where I Can
Come On In
Who Will the Next Fool Be
Would You Take Another Chance on Me

Rocket (Instant CD INS 5023)
Meat Man
Jailhouse Rock
House of Blue LIghts
Rock 'n' Roll Funeral
Don't Touch Me
Changing Mountains
Beautiful Dreamer
I'm Alone Because I Love You
Lucille
Seventeen
Mathilda
Wake Up Little Susie

The Great Jerry Lee Lewis in Concert (ZYX 45068-2)
CD1

Who's Sorry Noe
Flip, Flop & Fly / Shake, Rattle & Roll
Chantilly Lace
Great Balls of Fire
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
What'd I Say
Honky Tonk Angels
Think About It Darlin'
Help Me Make It Through the Night
Middle Age Crazy
Mona Lisa
Little Queenie
Brown Eyed Handsome Man
Good Golly Miss Molly / Tutti Frutti
Mean Woman Blues
Please Don't Talk About Me
Boogie Woogie Country Man
Another Place Another Time
Me and Bobby McGee
Rockin' Jerry Lee
CD2
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Great Balls of Fire
High School Confidential
It'll Be Me
Breathless
Lovin' Up a Storm
What'd I Say
Livin' Lovin' Wreck
Big Blon' Baby
End of the Road
Down the Line
Mean Woman Blues
You Win Again
Crazy Arms
I've Been Twistin'
Lewis Boogie
Break Up
I'll Sail My Ship Alone
Sweet Little Sixteen
Drinkin' Wine Spo-dee-o-dee

This set also comes with a DVD of a poorly recorded TV broadcast

Whole Lotta Shakin' (Polygram 314 558 496-2)
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Great Balls of Fire
You Win Again
Sweet Dreams
High Heel Sneakers
Turn On Your Love Light
I Love You Because
Forever Forgiving
Come On In
Drinkin' Wine Spo-dee-o-dee
Swinging Doors
Breathless


1st one looks like a mixture (including Vancouver '86), 'Rocket' is a studio set (recorded in 1986 and released in 1988), 3rd one - disc one looks like live unknown location 1980 & disc 2 studio, 4th one is studio?
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby PeterC » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:21 pm

If anyone can add more info then please go ahead! As I said, I don't actually have any of these CDs (except 'Rocket').
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby TwentySmallCigars » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:52 pm

Thank you for your help Peter, anyone else please feel free to chime in!
TwentySmallCigars

 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby PirateHook » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:51 am

I got this info about Live and Dangerous from this site: http://jerry-lee-lewis.oldgood.org/cds/lad.htm I think i should have this as an Mp3 album, i will check later.

Rock'n'roll performances not issued on the CD-boxes and on “The Complete Palomino Club Recordings” (2):

7. Down The Line 2:20

15. Just Because 4:02
PirateHook

 
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby TwentySmallCigars » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:32 am

Thanks for the info, it checks out. Much appreciated!
TwentySmallCigars

 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Help with Live CD dates

Postby PeterC » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:11 am

PirateHook wrote:I got this info about Live and Dangerous from this site: http://jerry-lee-lewis.oldgood.org/cds/lad.htm I think i should have this as an Mp3 album, i will check later.

Rock'n'roll performances not issued on the CD-boxes and on “The Complete Palomino Club Recordings” (2):

7. Down The Line 2:20

15. Just Because 4:02


Do those two songs sound like Palomino recordings? Don't think he performed them at the 1979 shows, so if they're really from the Palomino (and I have my doubts) they must be from 1986.

I'd much rather trust my ears than believe what's written.
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Next

Return to Albums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests