What Are Your Favourite JLL Bootlegs?

Re: What Are Your Favourite JLL Bootlegs?

Postby thrund » Mon May 04, 2015 6:59 pm

Henry wrote:
thrund wrote:Good stuff mentioned already above!....but my fav is the Let's Live A Little double lp.
Pretty well made thing by guys who knows how do do and what fans want to have.
Unfortunately I 'only' have the 'yellow' copy and not the 'blue' copy in collection.

Thomas

What the diffrence betveen the Yellow and Blue copy ?
I haven,t checked my copy for a while but if i remember right my copy has a white label with no text.
I bought it from Bosse Berglund,he said there was only 3 copys of it and i can say it wasen't cheep :lol:
With that in mind i have to say it,s my fav too 8)

Just the color as Jari said & the number of copies.
Yellow is the first pressing with 1000 copies and blue later with 500.

Thomas
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
thrund

Postby Henry » Mon May 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Last edited by Henry on Mon May 04, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry

Postby PeterC » Mon May 04, 2015 10:51 pm

I don't think we should publicly name people who were (allegedly) involved in bootlegs... Please re-edit your post Henry.
PeterC

Postby Henry » Mon May 04, 2015 10:55 pm

PeterC wrote:I don't think we should publicly name people who were (allegedly) involved in bootlegs... Please re-edit your post Henry.

Ok Sorry
Henry

Postby chris morris » Tue May 05, 2015 7:59 am

Perhaps it shouldn't count as a Jerry Lee bootleg as it also contained material by Elvis, Warren Smith and Billy Lee Riley but I'll never forget the excitement of buying a copy of "Good Rockin' Tonight" (Bopcat) in about 1974. Apart from all the other great stuff on the LP there was that wonderful dialogue between Sam and Jerry before recording GBF. I know the world and his uncle have heard it nowadays but back then it came out of the blue . I found it quite by chance at a record stall in Worcester market and couldn't believe the quality when I got it home and played it. The Elvis Sun tracks were in fantastic sound quality.

Chris
chris morris

Postby PeterC » Tue May 05, 2015 8:16 am

chris morris wrote:Perhaps it shouldn't count as a Jerry Lee bootleg as it also contained material by Elvis, Warren Smith and Billy Lee Riley but I'll never forget the excitement of buying a copy of "Good Rockin' Tonight" (Bopcat) in about 1974. Apart from all the other great stuff on the LP there was that wonderful dialogue between Sam and Jerry before recording GBF. I know the world and his uncle have heard it nowadays but back then it came out of the blue . I found it quite by chance at a record stall in Worcester market and couldn't believe the quality when I got it home and played it. The Elvis Sun tracks were in fantastic sound quality.

Chris

Yes, an essential bootleg at the time!
PeterC

Postby peter molecz » Tue May 05, 2015 4:28 pm

There are even more variants of this bootleg: (Let´s Live A Little)

3 different colours of cover: brown/yellow, blue and also WHITE
4 different labels: blue,white,yellow and picture(black/white) Labels

The albums in my collection have the following "combinations":
brown/yellow with white Label
brown/yellow with picture Label
blue with green label
white with yellow Label

I don´t have a copy with plain white label.

Peter M.
peter molecz

Postby thrund » Tue May 05, 2015 7:32 pm

peter molecz wrote:There are even more variants of this bootleg: (Let´s Live A Little)

3 different colours of cover: brown/yellow, blue and also WHITE
4 different labels: blue,white,yellow and picture(black/white) Labels

The albums in my collection have the following "combinations":
brown/yellow with white Label
brown/yellow with picture Label
blue with green label
white with yellow Label

I don´t have a copy with plain white label.

Peter M.

Interesting, thanks Peter!
Do you know how many number of copies were made of the blue with green & white with yellow?

Just got in touch with a friend in Scandinavia asking what he knows about the different 'combinations'.
Here his reply:
"The first pressing was made with white label. But these were sold with loose labels that you could glue on.
A friend in Sweden made all the labels with picture, that was taken by the Newspaper VG in Norway.
I know that some people lost the picture labels so that is the answer why some of the records only have white labels.
The one that are blue with green and white with yellow, I have never seen.
These must been made long time after and I think maybe these are not made in Sweden.
It was XXXXXXX that brougt all the records back to Norway from Sweden and it was XXXXXX that sold the brown/yellow albums (1000 at that time). Second pressing the blue was sold in Sweden.
Anyway, brown/yellow was the first original pressing with white labels that also included loose labels with picture that you had to glue on.
Some people didn't do that"

Thomas
thrund

Postby peter molecz » Tue May 05, 2015 8:01 pm

Thanks, Thomas for these informations. I don´t know the quantities of the different combinations.
Peter M.
peter molecz

Postby thrund » Tue May 05, 2015 8:30 pm

peter molecz wrote:Thanks, Thomas for these informations. I don´t know the quantities of the different combinations.
Peter M.

Ok, thanks Peter!

Thomas
thrund

Postby PeterC » Tue May 05, 2015 8:36 pm

Were any other bootlegs "reissued" (or repressed)? I think possibly "Rockin' Jerry Lee Lewis" and "The Killer's Private Stash", but I'm not 100% certain...

One other very important bootleg at the time (that no-one's mention) was of course "The Million Dollar Quartet"! Can still remember the thrill of playing this for the very first time, even though we were all wondering where Johnny Cash was.
PeterC

Postby PeterC » Tue May 05, 2015 9:54 pm

PeterC wrote:One other very important bootleg at the time (that no-one's mention) was of course "The Million Dollar Quartet"! Can still remember the thrill of playing this for the very first time, even though we were all wondering where Johnny Cash was.

This was of course reissued officially, albeit with a different cover & label! I think this is the only time this has ever happened with a JLL bootleg.
PeterC

Postby Henry » Wed May 06, 2015 10:52 am

peter molecz wrote:Thanks, Thomas for these informations. I don´t know the quantities of the different combinations.
Peter M.

So it can be true what Xxxxx Xxxxxxxx told me about only 3 copys of the brown/yellow with white Label ??
Henry

Postby Dirk B. » Wed May 06, 2015 1:39 pm

"Good Rockin' Tonight" was reissued as a CD, along with bonus tracks from Jerry's show in Brussels 1972: http://www.discogs.com/Elvis-Presley-Je ... se/4399858
Dirk B.

Postby PeterC » Wed May 06, 2015 2:33 pm

Dirk B. wrote:"Good Rockin' Tonight" was reissued as a CD, along with bonus tracks from Jerry's show in Brussels 1972: http://www.discogs.com/Elvis-Presley-Je ... se/4399858

Strange bonus tracks... SUN material would've been more appropriate.
PeterC

PreviousNext

Return to Albums