Come Sundown

Come Sundown

Postby Dirk B. » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Looks like there's a new bootleg on the market. No tracklist included, but it reads "alternative versions ca. 2006-2010".
https://www.bear-family.de/lewis-jerry- ... ndown.html
Dirk B.

Re: Come Sundown

Postby rockin532000 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:38 pm

Here you have it. Best Wishes
Joerg

Track listing:

Tracks 1 to 20 are recorded at House Of The Blues Memphis, Ocean Way Studio B - Los Angeles and East West Studios #2 - Los Angeles

Little Queenie (undubbed - Version # 1)

C.C Rider,

I Love You Cause You're Crazy Like Me,

Faded Love,

Folsom Prison Blues (undubbed),

House Of Blue Lights,

Mississippi Kid (undubbed),

Good Golly Miss Molly,

Peace In The Valley,

Roll On,

Little Queenie (Undubbed - version 2),

Sick & Tired (Undubbed),

Keep Me In Mind (Undubbed),

Stepchild (Undubbed),

Come Sundown,

Up On Cripple Creek,

I Don't Do It No More (with Tim McGraw),

Good Love,

Bright Lights, Big City (Undubbed -- Extended Version),

Here Comes That Rainbow Again (Undubbed - Solo Version)

You Are My Sunshine (With Linda Gail Lewis, recorded at The Lewis Ranch 2012)

The Killer (With T.G Sheppard, recorded at Sam Phillips studio in Memphis, 2008)
rockin532000

Postby Dirk B. » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Thanks, Joerg. Great tracklist - this release rocks!
Dirk B.

Postby PeterC » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Stuff that's been circulating for amongst fans for a long time. Great stuff of course, but why are Bear Family selling bootlegs (this would make a great proper Bear Family release - AND Jerry would get paid!).
PeterC

Postby PirateHook » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:06 pm

I have seen it before on Ebay since January and Jerry's official FB page warns about it. I'm not gonna buy it as a Bootleg that's for sure. I am also surprised of Bear-Family selling bootlegs. It's not the only one there. I have hard the song I Love You Cause You're Crazy Like Me, and i really really liked it. But i think this is an early run-through of it.
PirateHook

Postby Dirk B. » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Got my copy of the CD. Fine songs, great sound - there's no need to be warned of this release, unless you generally don't buy bootlegs. I wonder if they really used this short version of "Folsom Prison Blues" as basic material for "Rock'n'Roll Time". It sounds more like a demo - perhaps there was another version recorded.
Dirk B.

Postby PeterC » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:55 pm

There's a warning in the latest Fire-Ball Mail - supposedly from Jerry Lee Lewis!

"Don't buy this bootleg CD, it is not real. I didn't authorize it and I'm not involved with it, and I have never recorded at the "House of Blues Memphis", because there isn't one. If you want to hear some of my great new music get my real CD "Rock & Roll Time" on Vanguard Records. Thanks! - Jerry Lee Lewis"
PeterC

Postby Dirk B. » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:07 am

What does that mean "it is not real"? Of course he really recorded that songs. It's not a legal release, but of course it is real. The artwork is beautiful, too.
Dirk B.

Postby Piet » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:30 am

PeterC wrote:There's a warning in the latest Fire-Ball Mail - supposedly from Jerry Lee Lewis!

"Don't buy this bootleg CD, it is not real. I didn't authorize it and I'm not involved with it, and I have never recorded at the "House of Blues Memphis", because there isn't one. If you want to hear some of my great new music get my real CD "Rock & Roll Time" on Vanguard Records. Thanks! - Jerry Lee Lewis"

Read; "We don't get any money from this" and signed by Judith!
Jerry never bothered about this stuff :!:
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby PeterC » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:01 am

I've no doubt that this is a fabulous release (though I won't buy it as I already have everything on there)... the only thing that bothers me slightly is some of the unreleased titles would probably be cleaned up / overdubbed for Jerry's next album, and maybe that won't happen now.

I wish they'd released limited edition double CDs of the past 3 albums, one CD featuring the released versions & the other featuring "raw" versions without overdubbed guests.
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat May 02, 2015 11:35 am

Piet wrote:
PeterC wrote:There's a warning in the latest Fire-Ball Mail - supposedly from Jerry Lee Lewis!

Read; "We don't get any money from this" and signed by Judith!
Jerry never bothered about this stuff :!:

Didn't he once burn a stack of bootlegs?
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Sat May 02, 2015 12:01 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:Didn't he once burn a stack of bootlegs?

No... he smashed them, and anyway they were pirate albums not bootlegs. BIG difference!

http://www.bobsboots.com/boot.html
PeterC

Return to Albums