The Young Blood recordings

The Young Blood recordings

Postby Huddie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Does anyone out there know what year the different songs to "Young Blood" were recorded?

Thanks in advance

Jesper Kragh
Huddie

Re: The Young Blood recordings

Postby Rocky » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:40 pm

The sessions for YOUNG BLOOD and a follow-up album (that never materialized) began on June 2, 1994 at Riva Studio in Memphis and took place intermittently between road shows throughout June until the final sessions on June 28-29 with Boston producer Andy Paley in charge. July 21-23 these sessions wrapped up at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles with Andy Paley. When it was all over, there was enough material for two full albums. The songs were excellent had the mixes been proper. Some of Jerry`s best material was featured but was ruined by over production. One of the songs recorded for the second album was re-recorded and released on Jerry`s MEAN OLD MAN album in 2010 - `I'll Hold You in my Heart`.
Rocky

Re: The Young Blood recordings

Postby PeterC » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Rocky wrote:The sessions for YOUNG BLOOD and a follow-up album (that never materialized) began on June 2, 1994 at Riva Studio in Memphis and took place intermittently between road shows throughout June until the final sessions on June 28-29 with Boston producer Andy Paley in charge. July 21-23 these sessions wrapped up at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles with Andy Paley. When it was all over, there was enough material for two full albums. The songs were excellent had the mixes been proper. Some of Jerry`s best material was featured but was ruined by over production. One of the songs recorded for the second album was re-recorded and released on Jerry`s MEAN OLD MAN album in 2010 - `I'll Hold You in my Heart`.

Don't forget that "It Was The Whiskey Talkin' (Not Me)" was taped in 1990 though.
PeterC

Return to Albums