Last Man Standing



Postby unchained » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:16 pm

My favoret songs on the LMS album are "Evening Gown",
"Twilight", "What's Made Milwaukee Famous", "Couple
More Years", "Lost Highway", "The Irish Heart Beat" &
"The Pilgrim". All fantastic tracks!

My least favoret song is "Honky Tonk Woman".
Dispite Kid Rock being one of my favorets also I don't like
song from start to finish. I wish they would done "What's
Made Milwaukee Famous" together, this would have a
perfect pick for both of them to sing not this song. :?
unchained

User avatar
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: The Hague, Holland

Postby Perk » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:35 pm

unchained wrote:My favoret songs on the LMS album are "Evening Gown",
"Twilight", "What's Made Milwaukee Famous", "Couple
More Years", "Lost Highway", "The Irish Heart Beat" &
"The Pilgrim". All fantastic tracks!

My least favoret song is "Honky Tonk Woman".
Dispite Kid Rock being one of my favorets also I don't like
song from start to finish. I wish they would done "What's
Made Milwaukee Famous" together, this would have a
perfect pick for both of them to sing not this song. :?


I kind of like "Honky Tonk Woman". It was the first favourite on the album for me. I was so amazed at how it was done so different. Still not losing the original concept by the Stones or Ike & Tina.

Today, i can´t pick out which song is my absolute favourite. They are all so good to my ears. To me, that´s the sign of a great album!!!!

Perk
Perk

 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:46 pm

Perk wrote:
unchained wrote:My favoret songs on the LMS album are "Evening Gown",
"Twilight", "What's Made Milwaukee Famous", "Couple
More Years", "Lost Highway", "The Irish Heart Beat" &
"The Pilgrim". All fantastic tracks!

My least favoret song is "Honky Tonk Woman".
Dispite Kid Rock being one of my favorets also I don't like
song from start to finish. I wish they would done "What's
Made Milwaukee Famous" together, this would have a
perfect pick for both of them to sing not this song. :?


I kind of like "Honky Tonk Woman". It was the first favourite on the album for me. I was so amazed at how it was done so different. Still not losing the original concept by the Stones or Ike & Tina.

Today, i can´t pick out which song is my absolute favourite. They are all so good to my ears. To me, that´s the sign of a great album!!!!

Perk


Maybe it's because I'm a big Stones fan, but I think both of Jerry's attempts at recording Stones songs (the other being 'Satisfaction' of course) have been poor.
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Perk » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:50 pm

Maybe it's because I'm a big Stones fan, but I think both of Jerry's attempts at recording Stones songs (the other being 'Satisfaction' of course) have been poor.


I´m also a Stones fan, and "Satisfaction" was certainly poor!!!! Do agree on that! I had my fears for "Honky Tonk Woman", but was very surpised at how great it was!

Perk
Perk

 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Postby unchained » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:54 pm

I'm glad atleast someone liked it. Have to agree on Satisfaction
being a poor version. :?
unchained

User avatar
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: The Hague, Holland

Postby Tommy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:28 pm

Perk wrote:Today, i can´t pick out which song is my absolute favourite. They are all so good to my ears. To me, that´s the sign of a great album!!!!


I totally agree on that! Except those three tracks I´ve already mentioned I think LMS is great I can´t get really tired of it. (Though my girlfriend have) :wink:
Tommy

 
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby Tommy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:30 pm

Has he done more then one version of "Satisfaction"? Do you folks mean the rare recording from London session?
Tommy

 
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:32 pm

Tommy wrote:Has he done more then one version of "Satisfaction"? Do you folks mean the rare recording from London session?


Just the one (thankfully!). After recording this Jerry apparantly said "I'll leave that one to Mick!", & he certainly didn't want it to be released.
peterchecksfield

 

Postby rockin532000 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:56 am

I am fully with Perk on this one: Except Old Glory every song on the album has its charm and depending on the mood I am in, I tend more to the uptempo ones or the ballads.

Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

 
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 8:43 am

Postby ChrisdeB » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:50 am

I must admit I havnt listen to LMS a lot. I do like Pink Candillac and what made Milwaukee famous a lot. I always liked Rod Stewart's solo version better. Leave the Stones songs to Mick and the booys who were amazing at their recent London showws. For me the Bear Famiy sets are played the most, although I have played the Rockin My Life away compilation on cd a lot lately!!
ChrisdeB

 
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:17 am

Postby unchained » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:43 am

I just found this cd on e-bay being available as a Japanese MINI LP CD :D

I'm a big fan of the mini LP look, anybody got this version in his possession?
unchained

User avatar
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: The Hague, Holland

Postby Andrew McRae » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:10 am

anybody got this version in his possession


Yes

Andrew
Andrew McRae

User avatar
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:26 pm

Postby unchained » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:18 am

Is it made like a double LP? That's what it looked like on the preview I've seen.
unchained

User avatar
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: The Hague, Holland

Postby Andrew McRae » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:26 am

Yes, it's like a gatefold LP set. There's a photo album on the JLL-IFC Forum ("LMS Japan") which will give you better idea of what the packaging looks like.

Andrew
Andrew McRae

User avatar
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:26 pm

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:57 pm

unchained wrote:My favoret songs on the LMS album are "Evening Gown"...


Here's the original 1993 Mick Jagger solo version (with Jimmy Rip on guitar):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm8UGBzmTx8
peterchecksfield

 

PreviousNext

Return to Albums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest