Last Man Standing

Re: Last Man Standing

Postby paperboy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:22 pm

I've just watched a very interesting and, at times, also very funny Jimmy Rip interview. In Part 1 he talks about 'Last Man Standing'. Watching it brought back lotsa great memories.

Jimmy Rip Interview 10Musica.com Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/user/JimmyRipChannel1#p/u/4/8tz-FCS-feY

Many Jerry Lee fans were wondering why, unlike what happened at the time when Jerry was recording 'Last Man Standing', there was hardly any news on the recording sessions for "Mean Old Man" while they were working on that new duet album but also many could've and should've known that had a lot to do with Jimmy's absence. While recording 'Last Man Standing' Jimmy always got me the latest info (including the news he'd just done that session with Jerry and Merle Haggard) and I passed it on through my newsletters I sent to literally thousands of addresses, posted the news on countless forums and websites (including The Jerry Lee Lewis Start Page I'd very successfully helped launching) etc. etc. By the way, I remember dedicating a 'Last Man Standing' special I did on a live radioshow to Jimmy, Kenny and Jerry (you gotta give credit where credit is due). This was all (long) before the album was released overhere in Holland (we were playing tracks from one of the promo's which had been sent to me by the people at Artists First/Shangri La Entertainment). Great but also very hectic and busy times.

P.S. I'll never forget the night Jimmy mailed me he was ín Holland again, was gonna do a show with Tom Verlaine at the Paradiso that night and invited me to come and see him. Of course I did and got on a train to Amsterdam as fast as I could! It was so good to see and hear him again, I took him to the Bourbon Street Blues Club and, of course, we talked about.......... 'Last Man Standing!

Go to http://www.jerry-lee-lewis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1360&start=15 for the links to part 2, 3 and 4 of the Jimmy Rip interview if you're interested in watching them as well.
TV producent John de Mol: “Ik zie het meer als een algemene tendens in dit land, dat wie boven het maaiveld probeert uit te steken altijd op weerstand stuit. Hou het maar bij het oude, doe maar gewoon en doe eigenlijk liever vooral niks. “
paperboy

Postby paperboy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Those of you interested in info on "Last Man Standing" might enjoy the mails with info Jimmy Rip kindly sent me at the time. You'll find them here (together with loads of other interesting messages) http://www.jerry-lee-lewis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2441

Enjoy!
TV producent John de Mol: “Ik zie het meer als een algemene tendens in dit land, dat wie boven het maaiveld probeert uit te steken altijd op weerstand stuit. Hou het maar bij het oude, doe maar gewoon en doe eigenlijk liever vooral niks. “
paperboy

Postby PeterC » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:48 am

ALBUM COVER RATING: 4/5

I'm going through Jerry's albums on here and giving marks out of five for the album covers (regardless of the actual content)...

Ok, we all know it's very contrived, but it's still a striking cover!
PeterC

Postby Akiller » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:09 pm

Kantritohtori/Country doctor Seppo Nättilä played again in his radio-program Jerry; Hadacol Boogie from LMS.
Akiller

Previous

Return to Albums