BopCat bootlegs "Good Rocking Tonight" w/GBoF movie cut

BopCat bootlegs "Good Rocking Tonight" w/GBoF movie cut

Postby Ajarius49 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:54 pm

Bootleg label BopCat (NL) released in 1973 a very interesting Sun compilation "Good Rocking Tonight" (BLP-100):
http://musicbrainz.org/release/25111d59 ... 630bcb227f
containing four recordings by Jerry Lee. Besides of well known "Return of Jerry Lee" and "Religious studio discussion" there are:
- "Milkshake Mademoiselle" (incomplete take 5 with chatter) - never released nor before, neither after;
- "Great Balls of Fire" described on back cover simply as "considerably different from the hit version".
But the guys did not know that in fact this version was the very-hard-to-find movie one!
Moreover, nor Charly, neither Bear Family, and generally nobody, AFAIK, know about that.
Bear Family even called "movie cut" the track 2/34 of "Classic" box, but in fact it's an unknown outtake, issued nowhere else (probably take 5).
Other curious facts about this bootleg:
- in first printing Elvis Presley was credited on label as "E. Aaron", and Jerry Lee as "The Hawk":
http://musicbrainz.org/release/25111d59 ... /cover-art
- the recording "Keepin' All My Lovin'" by Clifford 'Pee Wee' Trahan was called "Savin' It All for You" and credited to Warren Smith.

Next in 2011 BopCat re-released this album (as CD-100):
http://musicbrainz.org/release/197749be ... 07f1095552
with addition of two Jerry Lee's works:
- "It'll Be Me" (alt. take) issued so far only in Orby CD;
- Live concert at Vorst Nationaal, Brussels, Belgium, in 1972-05-14, issued, AFAIK, nowhere else.
The LP's mistakes was not fixed here.
Ajarius49

Re: BopCat bootlegs "Good Rocking Tonight" w/GBoF movie cut

Postby PirateHook » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 am

I can tell it isn't the Jamboree movie cut that is meant, i only believe that this take is from another movie, an italian dance movie.
PirateHook

Postby Ajarius49 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:18 am

No, the Bop Cat LP and CD version is surely the movie "Jamboree!" version, that is easy to prove by combining this track with the undoubtly "Jamboree!" track taken from WB JAM LP (or from Charly LP 1043) into one stereo track (that is a sole reliable way to comparing the tracks supposed to be same take).
Hint for fast distinguishing the movie cut: at 1:19 Jerry Lee laughs. If Jerry Lee laughs at 1:19 in that italian dance movie, it means that the same "Jamboree!" version was used there.
Ajarius49

Postby PirateHook » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:17 am

I am sorry for my previous fast answer. That is right, It is the Jamboree movie take in that movie. (Noites Brancas (Luchino Visconti- Itália-1957) You can find it on Youtube.
PirateHook

Return to Albums