SMASH - She Still Comes Around

SMASH - She Still Comes Around

Postby Dave McKee » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:27 pm

She Still Comes Around (1968)

To Make Love Sweeter For You / Let´s Talk About Us / I Can´t Get Over You / Out Of My Mind / Today I Started Loving You Again / She Still Comes Around (To Love What´s Left Of Me) / Louisiana Man / Release Me / Listen, They´re Playing My Song / There Stands The Glass / Echoes

Another superb country collection (almost but not quite the equal of the previous album), with highlights including the singles To Make Love Sweeter For You & She Still Comes Around (To Love What´s Left Of Me), as well as Today I Started Loving You Again, Louisiana Man & There Stands The Glass. One of the weaker tracks is the re-make of Let's Talk About Us (where's the intro?!), and in fact it wouldn't be until late 1969 when Jerry would again cut a convincing rock 'n' roll performance in the studio. 4 out of 5

Outtakes: Slippin' Around / I Can't Have A Merry Christmas, Mary (Without You)

Slippin' Around was issued as the B-side of She Still Comes Around (To Love What´s Left Of Me), while I Can't Have A Merry Christmas, Mary (Without You) (b/w In Loving Memories) was issued as an A-side in November 1970.

Note: This is from an excellent blog by Peter Checksfield. See the full blog at http://themargatemusicman.blogspot.com/ ... years.html
Dave McKee

Re: SMASH - She Still Comes Around

Postby PeterC » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:37 pm

ALBUM COVER RATING: 5/5

I'm going through Jerry's albums on here and giving marks out of five for the album covers (regardless of the actual content)...

Another very fine cover that perfectly suits the albums title & contents (more imaginative than most from the 60s too).
PeterC

Return to Albums