Great Balls of Fire Soundtrack

Great Balls of Fire Soundtrack

Postby ChrisdeB » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:26 am

Has anyone got a list of what was recorded at these sessions?

Many Thanks
ChrisdeB

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:42 pm

These are the outtakes I own:

31.10.88-1.11.88: Studio Outtakes, Ocean Way Studios, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A. (70 min) (mono & stereo)
I’m Throwing Rice / WLS / Real Wild Child (take 2) / I’m On Fire (take 4) / High school Confidential (take 5) / Crazy Arms (take 1) / Lady Of Spain / High School Confidential (take 7) / That Lucky Old Sun (take 4) / GBF (take 2) / Real Wild Child (take 4) / Breathless (take 6) / Crazy Arms (take 3) / That Lucky Old Sun (take 5) / I’m Using My Bible For A Road Map – Wait A Little Longer Jesus – I’m Longing For Home (Medley) / Softly & Tenderly / Jesus (Sweetest Thing I Know) / The Old Rugged Cross / On The Jericho Road / Keep On The Firing Line / Georgia On My Mind (instrumental) / Blue Moon / My God Is Real / April Showers (take 1) / Peach Pickin’ Time In Georgia / House Of Blue Lights / Old Piano Roll Blues / Boogie Instrumental / If I Didn’t Care / Travellin’ Blues / Sweet Dreams / Old Black Joe / April Showers (take 2) / Real Wild Child (movie version) / GBF (movie version) / Lewis Boogie
peterchecksfield

Postby Andrew McRae » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:01 pm

These are the outtakes I own

Er... in these days of private individuals having (or claiming) legal title to various of Jerry's recordings, shouldn't that be 'have copies of'..?!! Don't want some US legal eagle swooping down on you!:wink:
Andrew McRae

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:29 pm

Andrew McRae wrote:

Er... in these days of private individuals having (or claiming) legal title to various of Jerry's recordings, shouldn't that be 'have copies of'..?!! Don't want some US legal eagle swooping down on you!:wink:

Haha, OK!

I should point out (to those who haven't heard them) that most of these are snippets of songs performed alone at the piano, though imo I think they're more interesting than the MCA overdub session released on 'That Breathless Cat' CD.
peterchecksfield

Postby Stephanie » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:49 pm

Wow, Peter! I wish I had copies of those. You must have quite a collection. Oh, this reminds me (why I have no EARTHLY idea): You said once that you argued with Jerry about something? Have you told this story before - would it bore everyone else - because I would like to hear it. (I guess if you reply you should start a new thread as I've written all this crap in the GBOF soundtrack section.)
Stephanie

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:20 pm

Stephanie wrote: Oh, this reminds me (why I have no EARTHLY idea): You said once that you argued with Jerry about something? Have you told this story before - would it bore everyone else - because I would like to hear it. (I guess if you reply you should start a new thread as I've written all this crap in the GBOF soundtrack section.)

Actually it probably does belong here, as he was supposedly doing promotional interviews to promote the movie. It's quite a long story though & I've just been cycling for nearly 4 hours none stop & I'm tired...I'll tell you in a day or two though! :D
peterchecksfield

Postby Stephanie » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:30 pm

Thanks! And I wish I had four hours to ride my bike these days. Oh, well.
Stephanie

Postby Tommy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:16 pm

Well I can´t wait to read that story :)
Tommy

Postby ChrisdeB » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:44 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Andrew McRae wrote:

Haha, OK!

I should point out (to those who haven't heard them) that most of these are snippets of songs performed alone at the piano, though imo I think they're more interesting than the MCA overdub session released on 'That Breathless Cat' CD.

I like these recordinhgs i find them very enjoyable!! Similar songs to the ones that Jerry Lee cut on the Caribou sessions
ChrisdeB

Postby Tommy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:32 pm

Maybe a stupid question: what is the Caribou sessions?
Tommy

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:20 pm

Tommy wrote:Maybe a stupid question: what is the Caribou sessions?

Unreleased songs recorded for Elektra in November 1980.
peterchecksfield

Postby jayhawks » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:40 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Tommy wrote:Maybe a stupid question: what is the Caribou sessions?

Unreleased songs recorded for Elektra in November 1980.

...the caribou-tapes were shown in a town called bocholt/ germany "behind glass"...

i saw jerry lee playing in bocholt at rolf bressers cinema-

he displays a large collection of jerry lee memorabilia including the original tapes of the caribou session, really amazing venue!!!
jayhawks

Re: Great Balls of Fire Soundtrack

Postby PirateHook » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Instead of a new thread, I can tell that the master take of Breathless is on higher quality on the cd (The Killer Collection-2002) real fun to play... And the solo version of Crazy Arms on the cd (The Many Sides Of Jerry Lee Lewis)
PirateHook

Postby PeterC » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:13 pm

PirateHook wrote:Instead of a new thread, I can tell that the master take of Breathless is on higher quality on the cd (The Killer Collection-2002) real fun to play...

Higher quality than what?
PeterC

Postby PirateHook » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 am

Against the original released cd, i don't got the lp so i don't know the sound there. All the other songs are also in better quality, especially London session, Maybe the sound quality is like the hip-o-select cd.
PirateHook

Next

Return to Albums