Bear Family-Church Recordings



Bear Family-Church Recordings

Postby Henry » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Bear Family "The Church Recordings" will be released 28.03.2011

http://www.bear-family.de/index.php?sid ... &tcexact=0

Image
Henry

 
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 3:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Church Recordings

Postby bailbath » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:16 am

Excellent news thank you Henry looking forward to that. :D
Ian
bailbath

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:49 am
Location: Bath, uk

Re: Church Recordings

Postby Joe » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:25 pm

This great news.
Joe

 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:16 am

Re: Church Recordings

Postby peter molecz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:02 pm

If the informations are right with a total time over 65 minutes, it seems, that this new issue includes around additional 10 minutes of talkin.

Peter M.
peter molecz

 
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:35 am

Re: Church Recordings

Postby bailbath » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:45 pm

peter molecz wrote:If the informations are right with a total time over 65 minutes, it seems, that this new issue includes around additional 10 minutes of talkin.

Peter M.


That should be interesting maybe it's Lewis sermon.
Ian
bailbath

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:49 am
Location: Bath, uk

Re: Church Recordings

Postby Joe » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:39 pm

The elucidation of "right string/wrong yo-yo" that we've all been waiting for.

bonomo
Joe

 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:16 am

Re: Church Recordings

Postby thrund » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:26 pm


I'll Fly Away

Thomas
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
thrund

User avatar
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Germany

Re: Bear Family-Church Recordings

Postby Andrew McRae » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Bear Family has redeemed itself with this release, the best thing they've done in years! The presentation is well- thought out, good liner notes from Hank Davis and a full transcript of every word sung or spoken by JLL (albeit such a provision, in itself, is ironic, given that JLL has probably never sounded more intelligible than on these recordings, with every syllable very clear!). As Peter M suspected, there is a good deal of additional talking to be heard, that was not featured on the vinyl LP, and which adds further to placing the songs in context. The extra material includes extensive intros of the band members.

The sound is excellent, although on my copy there are some audible faults (not apparent on my vinyl copy) towards the end of "My God Is Real". But they are minor and don't detract too seriously.

It's great to have this 'set' on CD at long last. I've an idea that I may finally come to know these recordings rather better after all these years; the LP has only very occasionally been exhumed from the 69-72 vinyl boxset and even I have to concede once in a while that CD's are rather more convenient! It really is great stuff! Highly recommended!

Andrew
Andrew McRae

User avatar
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:26 pm

Re: Bear Family-Church Recordings

Postby thrund » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:02 pm

Andrew McRae wrote:Bear Family has redeemed itself with this release, the best thing they've done in years! The presentation is well- thought out, good liner notes from Hank Davis and a full transcript of every word sung or spoken by JLL (albeit such a provision, in itself, is ironic, given that JLL has probably never sounded more intelligible than on these recordings, with every syllable very clear!). As Peter M suspected, there is a good deal of additional talking to be heard, that was not featured on the vinyl LP, and which adds further to placing the songs in context. The extra material includes extensive intros of the band members.

The sound is excellent, although on my copy there are some audible faults (not apparent on my vinyl copy) towards the end of "My God Is Real". But they are minor and don't detract too seriously.

It's great to have this 'set' on CD at long last. I've an idea that I may finally come to know these recordings rather better after all these years; the LP has only very occasionally been exhumed from the 69-72 vinyl boxset and even I have to concede once in a while that CD's are rather more convenient! It really is great stuff! Highly recommended!

Andrew


Thanks for info Andrew.
I'm lookin forward for my copy I ordered.

Thomas
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
thrund

User avatar
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Germany

Re: Bear Family-Church Recordings

Postby fay coffey » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:29 pm

this is great news
ROCKIN FAYE
fay coffey

 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:25 pm
Location: uk

Re: Bear Family-Church Recordings

Postby bluesinc. » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:37 am

I´ve ordered it (along with the new Ben Waters CD- Boogie for Stu) and now I´m looking forward to the Las vegas Boxset & and at least The Elektra Boxset
www.girmindl.at

first there was dorothy and then came jane, look out myra you´re looking insane, c´mon jaren you´re struttin´ the stuff, i think i´ll take pumpkin cause i can´t get enough
bluesinc.

 
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Wien

Re: Bear Family-Church Recordings

Postby Joe » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Yes, this release is excellent, and historic. Play Live at the Star-Club next to Church Recordings and a complex, fascinating man/performer emerges.
Joe

 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:16 am

Re: Bear Family-Church Recordings

Postby bailbath » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Received my copy and it's just brilliant! The presentation of the jewel case the liner notes and quality of sound second to none. Joe maybe this might get you writing a sequel to your star club book :wink: ?
Totally recommended.
Ian
bailbath

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:49 am
Location: Bath, uk

Re: Bear Family-Church Recordings

Postby Piet » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:54 am

As Andrew mentioned this was released before by BEAR family but this time they've written the name of the 3th song right, on the BEAR family LP box-set they used "Blessed saviour thou will guide us" instead of "Life's railway to heaven".
My life will never be the same.
Piet

User avatar
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Rosmalen, The Netherlands

Re: Bear Family-Church Recordings

Postby Joe » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:50 pm

bailbath wrote:Received my copy and it's just brilliant! The presentation of the jewel case the liner notes and quality of sound second to none. Joe maybe this might get you writing a sequel to your star club book :wink: ?
Totally recommended.
Ian


Intriguing idea, Ian.
Joe

 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:16 am

Next

Return to Albums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron