ELEKTRA Jerry Lee Lewis

Re: ELEKTRA Jerry Lee Lewis

Postby Jeroen » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:13 pm

What Elektra recordings (incl alternative takes) are still in the can besides the Caribou sessions and the session that brought One Woman Man, Milkcow Blues etc?
Does anyone know? Thomas, Michy?
Has anyone ever contacted the A&R department of Elektra/Warner Brothers to contribute the idea to open up their vaults? Maybe a petition would work...
Jeroen

Postby PirateHook » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:44 am

There should be a list of some of them on this Forum. But i don't know if all are confirmed to exist. One song is Dark Town Strutters Ball a more known rocker by Satellites or Fats Domino/Tommie Tolleson. A real hard rocker...
PirateHook

Postby PeterC » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:26 am

PirateHook wrote:There should be a list of some of them on this Forum. But i don't know if all are confirmed to exist. One song is Dark Town Strutters Ball a more known rocker by Satellites or Fats Domino/Tommie Tolleson. A real hard rocker...

What makes you so sure that Jerry's version is rockin'? The original was a traditional jazz song, so I've always imagined Jerry's version to be similar to 'Toot Toot Tootsie' and 'Alabama Jubilee' (I may be wrong though as I haven't heard it).

PeterC

Postby PirateHook » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Nothing makes me sure of that. I wrote it because of the most famous version http://rcs-discography.com/rcs/artist.php?key=sate1100 I meant that this one is a real hard rocker.
PirateHook

Postby PeterC » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:22 am

ALBUM COVER RATING: 3/5

I'm going through Jerry's albums on here and giving marks out of five for the album covers (regardless of the actual content)...

A very great album of course, but I was never keen on the cover.
PeterC

Previous

Return to Albums