ELEKTRA Jerry Lee Lewis

Re: ELEKTRA Jerry Lee Lewis

Postby tchr » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:50 am

bernd wrote:BTW All 3 Elektra albums (Jerry Lee Lewis, When 2 Worlds Collide, Killer Country) are now available as downloads either from Amazon or iTunes Store. But they are still not available as CD ...

From Amazon: The sale of MP3 Downloads is currently available only to US customers located in the United States. :evil: :evil: :evil:
tchr

Postby Andrew McRae » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:14 am

Tore Christensen wrote:
bernd wrote:BTW All 3 Elektra albums (Jerry Lee Lewis, When 2 Worlds Collide, Killer Country) are now available as downloads either from Amazon or iTunes Store. But they are still not available as CD ...

From Amazon: The sale of MP3 Downloads is currently available only to US customers located in the United States. :evil: :evil: :evil:

You could go to "amazon.co.uk" or "amazon.de" - they're also available there. I note that they are presenting the first album 'back to front' (i.e. it starts with "Rockin' My Life Away"; the two sides of the LP are transposed). If and when these are released as CDs I hope the 'error' isn't repeated!

Andrew
Andrew McRae

Postby tchr » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:36 am

Andrew McRae wrote:
Tore Christensen wrote:

You could go to "amazon.co.uk" or "amazon.de" - they're also available there. I note that they are presenting the first album 'back to front' (i.e. it starts with "Rockin' My Life Away"; the two sides of the LP are transposed). If and when these are released as CDs I hope the 'error' isn't repeated!

Andrew

Been there, same message:

Amazon.co.uk: We're sorry. We could not process your order because of geographical restrictions on the product which you were attempting to purchase. Please refer to the terms of use for this product to determine the geographical restrictions. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Amazon.de: Tut uns leid. Ihre Bestellung konnte nicht verarbeitet werden, da das gewünschte Produkt geografischen Einschränkungen unterliegt. Weitere Informationen zu den geografischen Einschränkungen finden Sie in den Nutzungsbedingungen zu diesem Produkt. Wir entschuldigen uns für Unannehmlichkeiten, die Ihnen möglicherweise hieraus entstanden sind.

:( :(
tchr

Postby Tommy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:05 pm

BUMP!

Haven´t been listening to this great record much, many great songs I´ve never heard until now!

Found a compilation(?)album called Rockin my life away on grooveshark: http://grooveshark.com/#/album/Rockin+M ... way/298395

The half of it is from Rocket but whats the rest from? A compilation of all three Elektraalbums?
"Don't look at the clouds of tomorrow through the sunshine of today!"

Mick Jagger
Tommy

Postby Dave McKee » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Well, none of it's from Rocket - they're all from Jerry's three Elektra albums.
Dave McKee

Postby Tommy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Ok thanks for clarifying. Wrong of me.
"Don't look at the clouds of tomorrow through the sunshine of today!"

Mick Jagger
Tommy

Re:

Postby Bobby McGee » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:51 am

thrund wrote:Elektra Years......Jerry's best recording years, at least for me.

Thomas

That´s my opinion, too!!

But, I think Eddie Kilroy did a slightly better job than Bones Howe (which doesn´t mean Bones Howe did a bad job!).
Bobby McGee

Re: Re:

Postby thrund » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Bobby McGee wrote:
thrund wrote:Elektra Years......Jerry's best recording years, at least for me.

Thomas

That´s my opinion, too!!

But, I think Eddie Kilroy did a slightly better job than Bones Howe (which doesn´t mean Bones Howe did a bad job!).

...and for myself:
I agree with both of these points!

Thomas
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
thrund

Postby flip54 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:30 pm

do the Elektra downloads accurately replicate the original albums, with the correct fade outs and JLl ad libs etc, many were omitted or altered on the Elektra years cd which spoilt my personal listening pleasure, these albums have stayed on the to be played often shelf and are not garnering dust in the far end like the MCa albums, Rocket, Sire and recent Duets cds

I always dug the Bones Howe production more than Eddie K's, that`s just a matter of taste and opinion of course, bought the first album as an import in HMV london the morning after the great Rainbow show, had to run from my digs in paddington to the store (near Marble Arch, or was it a small branch of Virgin??) which opened at 9:30am and be back in Paddington to catch the 10am train back to south Wales, fittest i`ve ever been,

run a mile in my shoes - - - - -

back to lurk
P
flip54

Postby bailbath » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:30 am

'BANG' damn missed!
Oh sorry Phil saw someone pop their head up from lurking thought I would take a shot.
Only joking glad I missed :D 8)
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby yorkshire88 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:28 am

Just listenend to Jukebox Junky three times over and blown away. Don't know why, but "Killer Country" is the least worn of my four Elektra albums. It's a shame Jerry didn't play more of his Elektra material in live UK shows during this period instead of relying more on his earlier Sun and Mercury recordings (I'm thinking particularly of his '83 UK tour).

One thing I love about the Elektra albums is the cover artwork (so much so I've a 600x600 print on canvas of the first self-titled album cover by Mick Haggerty hanging in my hallway), and I wonder why Ron Coro at Elektra didn't commission another piece of artwork for "Killer Country" instead of using photography. After all, he went back to artwork for the '82 "Best of" album.
yorkshire88

Postby jarireinikka » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:41 am

When Two Worlds Collide also has artwork instead of picture...
jarireinikka

Postby PeterC » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:24 pm

During 1980 to 1983 Jerry performed around a dozen Elektra songs in the UK (he even dug out 'Alabama Jubilee' in Cardiff in '83), & in the USA he performed others such as 'Everyday I Have To Cry', 'Too Weak To Fight' & 'Late Night Lovin' Man'. So he didn't exactly ignore these albums. Indeed, I've heard live versions of every track on 'When Two Worlds Collide' with the exception of 'Love Games', & can't think of another studio album where he's performed so many songs on stage.
PeterC

Postby peter molecz » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Odd Man In - album
he performed 11 songs (I only don´t know a live version of "Jerry´s Place")
Peter M.
peter molecz

Postby PeterC » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:17 pm

peter molecz wrote:Odd Man In - album
he performed 11 songs (I only don´t know a live version of "Jerry´s Place")
Peter M.

Country Class also comes close (the only songs I haven't heard live are "I Sure Miss Those Good Old Times" & "After The Fool You've Made Of Me"). Of course, he we haven't heard many live audios from 1975 - 1976, so it's quite possible that all these songs were played live at one time.
PeterC

PreviousNext

Return to Albums