SIRE Young Blood

Postby Perk » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:24 pm

I agree on Peter´s comments, a good song is a good song. Othervise the sound from an asphalt drilling machine could be great if mixed and arranged properly.

I think many listens to the sound rather more than the music & songs in itself. I grew out of this a long time ago, but i still likes to get a good sound as well.

Perk
Perk

Postby Tommy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:29 pm

Perk: You have a point there but again I wouldn´t like a song if I didn´t liked the arrangements nor the sound of it. The sound of YB isn´t the best but in my point of view the good production of it and the good quality compensates it! It does´nt feel so alive and raw comparing to LMS which is one of his best albums ever!
Tommy

Postby Brother Davies » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:45 pm

I always thought it was " They've got FIGHTERS and BRAWLERS!".

I think Jerry changes the lyrics to Louisiana BBQ ribs -I'd rather have those!

[quote="Andrew McRae"][quote]Where is the House of Blue lights - what goes on in there?[/quote]

????

It's on the edge of town, and there's an eight piece combo that just won't quit. They've got fryers and broilers and Detroit barbeque ribs, but the treat of the treats is when they serve you those fine eight beats.

That's the trouble with "Young Blood", terrible mix and you can't make out the lyrics!

Andrew[/quote]
Brother Davies

Postby Andrew McRae » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:55 pm

to Louisiana BBQ ribs

If memory serves, he sticks to Detroit BBQ ribs, but I think he changes those 'fine eight beats' to 'that boogie woogie beat'!

I also think I prefer your 'fighters and brawlers' version - much more in keeping! That's what I'll 'hear' from now on when the brain processes the audio signal from my lug-holes.

Andrew
Andrew McRae

Postby Brother Davies » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:13 pm

[quote="Andrew McRae"][quote]to Louisiana BBQ ribs [/quote]

If memory serves, he sticks to Detroit BBQ ribs, but I think he changes those 'fine eight beats' to 'that boogie woogie beat'!

Andrew[/quote]

He changes to Louisiana BBQ (ribs/beef) on the 'hoarse' Mercury cut !
Brother Davies

Postby Tommy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:27 pm

Anyone who knows how long it took to record the album?
Tommy

Postby richjohnson26 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:28 pm

I think Jerry's attitude to this album is telling in the fact that in all the lms interviews he states that it is 20 years since a new album so he doesn't even seem to acknowledge its existance! When performing rock'n'roll he corrected the host who said 10 years since an album (i.e. YB)
richjohnson26

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:41 pm

richjohnson26 wrote:I think Jerry's attitude to this album is telling in the fact that in all the lms interviews he states that it is 20 years since a new album so he doesn't even seem to acknowledge its existance! When performing rock'n'roll he corrected the host who said 10 years since an album (i.e. YB)

I think that says more about the way Jerry exaggerates than anything. When 'Youngblood' was released he told everyone that he hadn't been in the studio for 12 years (so that dismisses the movie soundtrack & 'Whisky Talkin'' then...). :roll:
peterchecksfield

Postby Tommy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:21 pm

Anyone?
Tommy

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:24 pm

Tommy wrote:Anyone?

Define "how long"?

LMS took 4 years, but these weren't 4 years of constant sessions (it's a bit like saying Jerry's 2nd Sun album took 4 years!).

I believe 'Youngblood' was recorded over several months (during the summer of 1994), but I've no idea how many sessions this was over.
peterchecksfield

Postby Tommy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:27 pm

Well as simply as from the first studiosession till the last work he did on it.
Tommy

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:36 pm

Tommy wrote:Well as simply as from the first studiosession till the last work he did on it.

Not as long as 'Jerry Lee's Greatest' (recorded from 1957 to 1961).

'Country Class' took even longer (1969 to 1976). :shock:

Mentions should also be made of:

'Would You Take Another Chance On Me' (1966 to 1971)

'Soul My Way' (1963 to 1967).

'Killer Rocks On' (1967 to 1972) doesn't really count in my opinion, as the older songs had already been released.
peterchecksfield

Postby Tommy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:16 am

Well I haven´t argued about that Peter I was just curious of how long it took to record it. I like that record alot. It´s pretty much echoe in it. The sound is up and down but I like the arrangements in it. Just the fact that Jerry has an own song in it!
Tommy

Re: SIRE Young Blood

Postby lucasjenke » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:37 pm

I think Young Blood is a great Album when you look at Jerrys shape and the songs are all something great.
What makes me little angry is the sound of that album. It sounds like someone was really bad at doing his mixing job.
If this album would come out with better audio quality it would be selling often these days.

But Jerry seems a little emberassed about that album and don´t like it at alll When it came out he had to say that it is great cause otherwise noone would have bought it.
On Imus Interview 2006 while promoting his new record LMS he told that LMS is his first studio album for 20 years. So he did´nt even wanted to say that he ever did Young Blood.

In my opinion the Killer is a Diva but the nicest and best one there´s ever been. Andif he dislikes it it is his thing. Even though the Killer would never do a song on stage he don´t want to do. Otherwhise he would ot play with the same power and fun

Lucas
lucasjenke

Re: SIRE Young Blood

Postby paperboy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:59 pm

x
Last edited by paperboy on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
TV producent John de Mol: “Ik zie het meer als een algemene tendens in dit land, dat wie boven het maaiveld probeert uit te steken altijd op weerstand stuit. Hou het maar bij het oude, doe maar gewoon en doe eigenlijk liever vooral niks. “
paperboy

PreviousNext

Return to Albums