Little Richard



Re: Little Richard

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:43 pm

And to be honest with you, I share Jerry's views on life. I like the fact he is a God fearing, family loving conservative. That's why I feel deeply connected to him, more than to any other artist. That's why I flew to New York twice in recent months to see him despite my severe fear of flying.
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Little Richard

Postby PeterC » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:17 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:I like the fact he is a God fearing, family loving conservative.


A "family loving" man, who's suing his daughter! :roll:
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3493
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Little Richard

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:31 pm

PeterC wrote:
wolfgangguhl wrote:I like the fact he is a God fearing, family loving conservative.


A "family loving" man, who's suing his daughter! :roll:


:?:
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Little Richard

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:46 pm

We will see what comes out of this...
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Little Richard

Postby Richard Harvey » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:53 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:And to be honest with you, I share Jerry's views on life. I like the fact he is a God fearing, family loving conservative. .


You share Jerry Lee Lewis' family values? That's some role-model you have there Wolfie!
--
Richard Harvey

 
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 12:07 am

Re: Little Richard

Postby Rocky » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:07 am

Wolfgang, not often I disagree with you but this time is an exception. Jerry's long history with family members clearly tells he is not a family loving man. I could bring up many instances but I believe his family history is an open book. I'd never look at him as a role model. A fan (not a fanatic) since 1957, I love his music, his TV and PA appearances, have all his recordings, videos, etc. but let's just say I wouldn't want him as my next door neighbor. I take him two ways. Then there are fanatics. They are different than fans. According to them he can do no wrong no matter what.
Rocky

 
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:51 pm

Re: Little Richard

Postby PeterC » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:01 am

He beat (and cheated on) his wives and girlfriends, he didn't talk to one sister (Linda Gail) for many years and refused to let the other one in his home when she called round, he snubbed his daughter's wedding and is now suing her... it's hard to think of anyone who is less "family loving"!

I believe Chuck was very much a family man, despite his obvious dalliances with other women.
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3493
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Little Richard

Postby Richard Harvey » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:07 am

PeterC wrote:He beat (and cheated on) his wives and girlfriends, he didn't talk to one sister (Linda Gail) for many years and refused to let the other one in his home when she called round, he snubbed his daughter's wedding and is now suing her... it's hard to think of anyone who is less "family loving"!


The last time I saw him play, he turned to Kenny and threatened to "smash your teeth in". It's sad to say it, but there's a lot of evidence that suggests he's a real nasty piece of work!

Amazing talent though. Perhaps that's the price you pay for having the talent - you lose a bit of basic humanity.
--
Richard Harvey

 
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 12:07 am

Re: Little Richard

Postby Rocky » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:43 pm

I'm with Peter and Richard on this. There was his son Ronnie born to second wife Jane Mitcham who he claimed was never his. Then there was his daughter Lori Leigh born to fourth wife Jaren, who he claimed was never his, and now seems to accept her. Then there was Jerry Lee III born to sixth wife Kerrie who he (and Kerrie) both claimed was not his, but now accepts as his son and stays at the ranch and travels with him. He cheated on most wives, beat several of them up, and even insulted fans during his drunken escapades at clubs through the years. He abused band members through the years, bad-mouthed singers he did not like, and finally sued the daughter that stood by him through his many illnesses. Just two days ago Phoebe requested that her father undergo a medical psychological exam to determine his state of mind to evaluate if he's making his own decisions of his free will. She has filed documents asking for a court ordered physiological test to determine if her father is of sound mind. She said he is an 82-year-old and even though he has been a huge talent and entertainer of the world-wide stage, he has been mistreated, mislead, misdirected and to her belief, drugged to the point that he lacks the capacity to make proper decisions. He never attended his best life-long friend Cecil's funeral, and never attended his own sisters funeral. A family role model?
Rocky

 
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:51 pm

Re: Little Richard

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:12 pm

I was more talking about it in theory. There has always been a difference of how Jerry would have liked to live and what eventually came out of this. I agree he did some crazy stuff, but let's not forget he was usually under the heavy influence of drugs and medication while he did this. Is this really him? Also some of these "family members" might have been questionable characters themselves. Linda certainly seems to have forgiven him, because she gave kind of a speech during her opening set in New York in which she praised him as a great family man and wonderful person.

Richard more or less called religious people "stupid" or "less intelligent" in this thread, but first of all science cannot prove the existence or non-existence of God and secondly, religious people like Jerry often do have a set of values. They might not live up to it, but I do like the some of the values in theory.

Chuck hardly ever showed regret. For example when he was caught installing cameras in the toilets of the ladies' restroom in his restaurant. Jerry on the other side has shown regret for several of his actions. That's why I much prefer Jerry as a person. Nobody's perfect! And he is the perfection of imperfection and humanity!
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Little Richard

Postby PeterC » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:31 pm

PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3493
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Little Richard

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:23 pm

Thanks for getting back to the subject of this thread that is "Little Richard", Peter!

As I see more bullshit coming out of his mouth, but as always, he is quite entertaining.
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Little Richard

Postby Richard Harvey » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:37 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:Richard more or less called religious people "stupid" or "less intelligent" in this thread, but first of all science cannot prove the existence or non-existence of God.!


The words you put in quotes aren't mine.

Anyway, science can't prove or disprove there isn't a giant banana riding a purple camel on the far side of the moon either. So your point is???

wolfgangguhl wrote:and secondly, religious people like Jerry often do have a set of values. They might not live up to it, but I do like the some of the values in theory.!


If you need a religion to teach you values, I'd say there's something very fucked up there.

wolfgangguhl wrote:Chuck hardly ever showed regret. For example when he was caught installing cameras in the toilets of the ladies' restroom in his restaurant. Jerry on the other side has shown regret for several of his actions. That's why I much prefer Jerry as a person. Nobody's perfect! And he is the perfection of imperfection and humanity!


If you like people to be religious and regretful, you must love Jimmy Swaggart!

Sorry, just because someone shows regret and says they buy into a belief system, doesn't make their actual actions any less odious. As Jerry liked to say, 'check mah track record, it speaks for itself'.
--
Richard Harvey

 
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 12:07 am

Re: Little Richard

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:28 pm

My point is that none of us knows whether there is a God or not.

Indeed most people are "very fucked up" and may be in need of some kind of guidance. Religion plays a big role in that. It can have a positive impact on people, but not necessarily. Even if you would forbid Christianity, Islam or Hinduism, people would come up with some kind of new religion, because without God life is not just in my opinion meaningless. Also I would not take these books word by word, but there is some underlying truth in all religions that connects them. At least that's the way I see it.

Whether I like Jimmy Swaggart, I leave that up to your imagination.

There is a great value to those, who regret their actions. And regret even plays a role in our law system. Those who regret their wrongdoings usually are resocialised much quicker than those, who are unable to reflect and have no belief system.
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Little Richard

Postby Richard Harvey » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:04 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote: without God life is not just in my opinion meaningless. .


Life without god, (you don't say which god), is meaningless?

If that's the way you think, I doubt there's anything I'll say that'll convince you otherwise. Enjoy yourself Wolfie, and say 'hi' to the big guy for me if you ever meet him!
--
Richard Harvey

 
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 12:07 am

PreviousNext

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron