Sweet Gene Vincent



Sweet Gene Vincent

Postby ChrisdeB » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:19 pm

Today is the anniverary of the great Gene VIncent's death. So please raise a glass to one of the true graets of rock n roll. Who was rocking to the very end. Sweet Gene Vincent
ChrisdeB

 
Posts: 759
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:17 am

Postby Perk » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:59 pm

Some messages like this one doesn´t seem to show up when you click view new messages. This is not the first time it happens. Anyway i´m a day late because of this,

Two glasses raised for Gene!!!! One for yesterday, and one for today!!!

Perk
Perk

 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Gene does the Killer

Postby bailbath » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:15 pm

bailbath

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2664
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:49 am
Location: Bath, uk

Re: Gene does the Killer

Postby Perk » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:12 pm

bailbath wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_a7wMktjA4&feature=related


Gene is great! One of my all time favourites.

This must be from Bear Family´s Town hall party shows dvd´s.

Perk
Perk

 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Postby Ulli » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:06 pm

I raise the can for Gene, he was (and is) a wild one!
Keep Rockin'
Ulli

User avatar
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Bonn / GER

Radio 2 programme

Postby martin bates » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:12 pm

Radio 2 are doing a programme on Gene saturday 14th feb. 7pm

among the contributors listed "discussing his influence" is Jerry Lee Lewis.

Martin.
martin bates

 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Re: Radio 2 programme

Postby Perk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:34 pm

martin bates wrote:Radio 2 are doing a programme on Gene saturday 14th feb. 7pm

among the contributors listed "discussing his influence" is Jerry Lee Lewis.

Martin.


Is Jerry on it too? GREAT! I was asked by Pierre a few days ago to record/download it. Not sure yet how well it will go. Is it also broadcasted on real radio? If so, can you Martin record it directly from the radio? Please do! It would result in better quality than the usual crap Internet radio quality. I will make an attempt tomorrow on the Internet radio broadcast. It will be available a week on the web afterwards. But a direct recording to tape from real radio would be better.

The better quality, the better!

Perk
Perk

 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Re: Radio 2 programme

Postby martin bates » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:33 pm

Perk wrote:
martin bates wrote:Radio 2 are doing a programme on Gene saturday 14th feb. 7pm

among the contributors listed "discussing his influence" is Jerry Lee Lewis.

Martin.


Is Jerry on it too? GREAT! I was asked by Pierre a few days ago to record/download it. Not sure yet how well it will go. Is it also broadcasted on real radio? If so, can you Martin record it directly from the radio? Please do! It would result in better quality than the usual crap Internet radio quality. I will make an attempt tomorrow on the Internet radio broadcast. It will be available a week on the web afterwards. But a direct recording to tape from real radio would be better.
The better quality, the better!

Perk


Hi Perk;
I don't know what Jerry's contribution will be;he's one of a number of people named. Unfortunately we are out tonight, & I wasn't planning to record it.Perhaps someone else here in the UK. could get a good copy ?

Martin.
martin bates

 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Postby bailbath » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:39 pm

I have set it up to record on my Sky+ and will transfer it to DVD.
Ian
bailbath

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2664
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:49 am
Location: Bath, uk

Postby Perk » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:40 pm

bailbath wrote:I have set it up to record on my Sky+ and will transfer it to DVD.
Ian


Why dvd? It´s only a a short "audio" radio show? Anyway i can´t get that realaudio player to install from BBC. I tried now with everything uninstalled everything from virus protections etc. No reaction still from the BBC website. It´s just locked for me.
Perk

 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Postby flip54 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:46 pm

I think it`s to do with UK copyright of BBC broadcasts,they have some kind of lock from my understanding, two pals abroad rely on copies

There's been a good 50s week on BBC radio 2 this week with Larry Parnes, Fats and Gene all getting good docs, the international rugby match between Wales and England ;-) clashed with the Vincent so I will catch it later, weird choice of mod Roger Daltrey to host a tribute to the black leather rocker, his lot fought us on UK seasides in the mid 60s ;-)) Bruce Hornsby was a much better host for the Fats and Malcolm Maclaren did the Parnes story, all thses with the super Buddy Holly tributes/shows means the BBC has done us proud once again

Phil

ps I like annoying my punk pals by pointing out Johnny Rotten's lame butter tv ads in the UK, wot a rebel!!!

Perk wrote:
bailbath wrote:I have set it up to record on my Sky+ and will transfer it to DVD.
Ian


Why dvd? It´s only a a short "audio" radio show? Anyway i can´t get that realaudio player to install from BBC. I tried now with everything uninstalled everything from virus protections etc. No reaction still from the BBC website. It´s just locked for me.
flip54

 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:34 am

Postby Tony Papard » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:46 pm

flip54 wrote:I think it`s to do with UK copyright of BBC broadcasts,they have some kind of lock from my understanding, two pals abroad rely on copies

There's been a good 50s week on BBC radio 2 this week with Larry Parnes, Fats and Gene all getting good docs, the international rugby match between Wales and England ;-) clashed with the Vincent so I will catch it later, weird choice of mod Roger Daltrey to host a tribute to the black leather rocker, his lot fought us on UK seasides in the mid 60s ;-)) Bruce Hornsby was a much better host for the Fats and Malcolm Maclaren did the Parnes story, all thses with the super Buddy Holly tributes/shows means the BBC has done us proud once again

Phil

ps I like annoying my punk pals by pointing out Johnny Rotten's lame butter tv ads in the UK, wot a rebel!!!

Perk wrote:
bailbath wrote:I have set it up to record on my Sky+ and will transfer it to DVD.
Ian


Why dvd? It´s only a a short "audio" radio show? Anyway i can´t get that realaudio player to install from BBC. I tried now with everything uninstalled everything from virus protections etc. No reaction still from the BBC website. It´s just locked for me.


It was quite interesting, but Roger Daltrey was clearly on the other side of the fence, talking about 'us' and 'them', meaning the successful British Mod groups versus the American has-been rockers. Only thing was, of course, many of them never had been in UK, not on tour anyway. First time we really got to see many of these living legends 'live' was in the 1960s.

Jerry had very few comments, right at the end. But he did get the last word in. I have a poor quality cassette recording if anyone wants it, with a break in the middle where I had to turn it over!

Some of us still live with the old technology.

Tony

(Much 'new' technology is older than we think - see my blog of yesterday!)
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

User avatar
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: London, England, EU

Postby bailbath » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:03 am

Perk wrote:
bailbath wrote:I have set it up to record on my Sky+ and will transfer it to DVD.
Ian


Why dvd? It´s only a a short "audio" radio show? Anyway i can´t get that realaudio player to install from BBC. I tried now with everything uninstalled everything from virus protections etc. No reaction still from the BBC website. It´s just locked for me.


For you I will stick it on cd xxx
Ian
bailbath

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2664
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:49 am
Location: Bath, uk

Postby flip54 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:45 pm

was it at Albert Hall in the late 60s that the Who got bottled off for following Chuck in concert? Mind you the Who ,well half of them :-( ,did a fine Elvis tribute song Real Good Looking Boy in their great live show at Swansea FC last year

Phil

Tony Papard wrote:
flip54 wrote:I think it`s to do with UK copyright of BBC broadcasts,they have some kind of lock from my understanding, two pals abroad rely on copies

There's been a good 50s week on BBC radio 2 this week with Larry Parnes, Fats and Gene all getting good docs, the international rugby match between Wales and England ;-) clashed with the Vincent so I will catch it later, weird choice of mod Roger Daltrey to host a tribute to the black leather rocker, his lot fought us on UK seasides in the mid 60s ;-)) Bruce Hornsby was a much better host for the Fats and Malcolm Maclaren did the Parnes story, all thses with the super Buddy Holly tributes/shows means the BBC has done us proud once again

Phil

ps I like annoying my punk pals by pointing out Johnny Rotten's lame butter tv ads in the UK, wot a rebel!!!

Perk wrote:
bailbath wrote:I have set it up to record on my Sky+ and will transfer it to DVD.
Ian


Why dvd? It´s only a a short "audio" radio show? Anyway i can´t get that realaudio player to install from BBC. I tried now with everything uninstalled everything from virus protections etc. No reaction still from the BBC website. It´s just locked for me.


It was quite interesting, but Roger Daltrey was clearly on the other side of the fence, talking about 'us' and 'them', meaning the successful British Mod groups versus the American has-been rockers. Only thing was, of course, many of them never had been in UK, not on tour anyway. First time we really got to see many of these living legends 'live' was in the 1960s.

Jerry had very few comments, right at the end. But he did get the last word in. I have a poor quality cassette recording if anyone wants it, with a break in the middle where I had to turn it over!

Some of us still live with the old technology.

Tony

(Much 'new' technology is older than we think - see my blog of yesterday!)
flip54

 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:34 am

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:28 pm

I think they OPENED for Chuck. Yes, they got thrown off the stage.
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Next

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests