x



Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Updated (Alvkarleby, Senigallia and Nashville have been added!)
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:32 pm

Updated (Saterdalen, Haparanda and Hakkas have been added!)
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby martin bates » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:36 am

Stunning show from Linda Gail tonight. She wAs terrific, but of special interest was Robert Hall and Ray Gann giving support alongside Danny B Harvey. What a band ! No slow songs at all, besides Annie's "My Babe" . That and " Johnny B." also featuring Annie, were the standouts for me. Great stage presence bouncing of the brilliance of LGL and Danny trading solos and with a powerful vocal. Rock and a Roll son !!!

Martin.
[url=http://postimg.org/image/ov787ntdj/][img]http://s15.postimg.org/ov787ntdj/image.jpg[/img][/url]
martin bates

 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby thrund » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:33 am

martin bates wrote:Stunning show from Linda Gail tonight. She wAs terrific, but of special interest was Robert Hall and Ray Gann giving support alongside Danny B Harvey. What a band ! No slow songs at all, besides Annie's "My Babe" . That and " Johnny B." also featuring Annie, were the standouts for me. Great stage presence bouncing of the brilliance of LGL and Danny trading solos and with a powerful vocal. Rock and a Roll son !!!

Martin.
Image


Thanks you, Martin!....sounds great 8)

Thomas
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
thrund

User avatar
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Germany

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby PeterC » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:39 am

For those who don't know, Ray Gann was in Linda Gail's band before he was in Jerry's (The Killer saw Linda Gail perform - and stole her bass player!).

Don't like the idea of no slow songs, particularly from a fine country singer like LGL.
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3427
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby martin bates » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:00 pm

PeterC wrote:
Don't like the idea of no slow songs, particularly from a fine country singer like LGL.


yes, I normally like her to include songs like Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow & One Night that are in her current repertoire; not to mention all the great stuff we don't hear very much.....just this particular night she really rocked all the way thru. As I said the only slow song was My Babe from Annie, done a real slow bluesy type delivery. Tex recently uploaded Before The Snow Flies on fb - another reminder of how good she is on those songs.

Martin.
martin bates

 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby wolfgangguhl » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Updated (Aarburg, Vegarshei and Tromso have been added!)
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby wolfgangguhl » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Updated (Lodingen, Svolvaer and Stokmarknes have been added!)
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:14 pm

Updated (Malselvfossen, Memphis and Vara have been added!)
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby martin bates » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:49 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:Updated (Malselvfossen, Memphis and Vara have been added!)


thanks Wolfgang - LGL is keeping you busy :)
but I noticed the UK shows in Gt Yarmouth 7th & Canary Wharf 8th have not been added. I never heard anymor details about Gt Yarmouth - exact venue / festival ..... I think it was some kind of holiday camp weekender..... but it certainly took place; tuesday at the Boisdale, Canary Wharf we were there.

Martin.
martin bates

 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:17 pm

Updated (Malmo, Stockholm and Saffle have been added!)
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby Richard Harvey » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:38 pm

martin bates wrote:
wolfgangguhl wrote:Updated (Malselvfossen, Memphis and Vara have been added!)


thanks Wolfgang - LGL is keeping you busy :)
but I noticed the UK shows in Gt Yarmouth 7th & Canary Wharf 8th have not been added. I never heard anymor details about Gt Yarmouth - exact venue / festival ..... I think it was some kind of holiday camp weekender..... but it certainly took place; tuesday at the Boisdale, Canary Wharf we were there.

Martin.


I think the Great Yarmouth thing was the Elvis Festival. I was there doing a talk and selling our Elvis book (http://www.kingofthehilton.com ), and people were saying Linda Gail was there the night before (which would be a Tuesday about three weeks ago, does that tie in?). They say she played a storming show.

The venue was Vauxhall's Holiday Park Great Yarmouth. The Elvis Festival was run by Strictly Elvis UK.
--
Richard Harvey

 
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 12:07 am

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby martin bates » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:16 pm

Richard Harvey wrote:
martin bates wrote:
wolfgangguhl wrote:Updated (Malselvfossen, Memphis and Vara have been added!)


thanks Wolfgang - LGL is keeping you busy :)
but I noticed the UK shows in Gt Yarmouth 7th & Canary Wharf 8th have not been added. I never heard anymor details about Gt Yarmouth - exact venue / festival ..... I think it was some kind of holiday camp weekender..... but it certainly took place; tuesday at the Boisdale, Canary Wharf we were there.

Martin.


I think the Great Yarmouth thing was the Elvis Festival. I was there doing a talk and selling our Elvis book (http://www.kingofthehilton.com ), and people were saying Linda Gail was there the night before (which would be a Tuesday about three weeks ago, does that tie in?). They say she played a storming show.

The venue was Vauxhall's Holiday Park Great Yarmouth. The Elvis Festival was run by Strictly Elvis UK.


thanks Richard ! it would have to be the monday- she played the Boisdale on tuesday 8th.
Martin.
martin bates

 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:20 pm

Thanks for the updates, guys! I am going to add those dates.
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Linda Gail Lewis 2015

Postby Richard Harvey » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:29 pm

Could be the Monday, perhaps I thought they said 'last night' instead of Monday night. We arrived on the Wednesday. They were still talking about the show anyway, she obviously made an impact.

It was quite a classy Elvis festival, no impersonators, some decent rock & roll bands and some interesting talks from people at Sony etc. A lot better than I expected.
--
Richard Harvey

 
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 12:07 am

PreviousNext

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron