Carl Mann

Carl Mann

Postby paperboy » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:21 am

x
Last edited by paperboy on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TV producent John de Mol: “Ik zie het meer als een algemene tendens in dit land, dat wie boven het maaiveld probeert uit te steken altijd op weerstand stuit. Hou het maar bij het oude, doe maar gewoon en doe eigenlijk liever vooral niks. “
paperboy

Carl Mann

Postby Rocky » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Carl Mann's 69th birthday today. He already has over 500 hits on Facebook wishing him Happy Birthday. Carl just signed with the NEW Jaxon Records in Jackson, TN. He was in studio last week working on three tracks for new CD. Goes back this week for 4 song session. Carl will be in Green Bay, Wisconsin, September 13. He played Stop 345 in Memphis on Madison Avenue August 16, and got good press in Memphis paper. His autobiography "Last Son of Sun" just released. Carl will play double bill with Little David Wilkins in Dickson, TN. on the 27th August. Carl phoned me yesterday and talked over an hour. Big things ahead for him.
Rocky

Re: Carl Mann

Postby paperboy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:06 am

Carl Mann radio interview 101.5 with Steve Bowers Part 1

Carl Mann radio interview 101.5 with Steve Bowers Part 2
TV producent John de Mol: “Ik zie het meer als een algemene tendens in dit land, dat wie boven het maaiveld probeert uit te steken altijd op weerstand stuit. Hou het maar bij het oude, doe maar gewoon en doe eigenlijk liever vooral niks. “
paperboy

Postby PirateHook » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:24 pm

Are there any list of available Video recordings? I have search but without any luck. I maybe have a Show from October 6 1984. At the International Rock'n Roll Meeting in Eindhoven / Netherlands (If i am not have getting this wrong)
PirateHook

Postby Rocky » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:36 pm

Well, I also have that 1984 show on video, and I have his two 1959 Dick Clark Shows on DVD, plus loads of live concert material I've taken on him in tours I've been on with him and at home in 2009, 2010, and 2012. I also have a brief clip on TV with him when we met in 1994. Also have a lot of video with him in Studio 19 with his producer Larry Rogers and at the two different Sun/Phillips recording studios and with him at private party in Memphis, with him at Patsy Cline's plane crash site, and an over 2 hour long DVD of him performing about 30 gospel songs on TV in 2004-2005, performing at his Old Mill Music Hall in Huntingdon, at a dinner party with him, and some personal video of him at home. Carl and I have become real good friends as our wives have. We stayed with him at his home in Darden for 3 weeks at a time in 2009, 2010, and 2012. We wrote a song together, enjoyed traveling on a long trip through TN, KY, OHIO, IN, and PA. I had the pleasure of producing a special 15 song gospel album for him (not released), and of course, writing his autobiography with him, and meeting his entire family, sister, brother, musicians who worked with him, brother-in-law, nephew, niece, and others. I also got him an interview with Charles White on BBC radio. I chauffeured him, carried his guitar and amplifier on stage many shows, and he introduced me to guys like Roland Janes, James van Eaton, W.S. Holland, Tony Austin, Rayburn Anthony, and a lot of Sun stars. I have a big collection of Carl Mann memorabilia and some songs that are yet to be released. Got to know him well enough to see him in his underwear and find out he is one of the kindest people I have ever met. Every concert he never leaves till he goes to each table and talks to his fans, signs autographs for hours, and is amazing to remember everyone's name. A very religious Christian person, but he loves a good joke and he says I kept him laughing through some bad times. His family is like our family. We're all in contact. He and wife Joyce want to come to Canada to spend some time with us.
Rocky

Postby Piet » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:20 pm

Rocky wrote: Got to know him well enough to see him in his underwear and find out he is one of the kindest people I have ever met. .

He Paul, I guess this has nothing to do with your friendship :lol: :roll:
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby Rocky » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:31 am

No - the wife and I lived with him, had breakfast with him, shared secrets (we'll never tell), and got to know him like a brother. A helluva great guy. When I wuz writing his autobiography he hid nothing. His story is straight down the middle true. And...he's a funny dude. Very comical and easy to talk and argue with. A good person. He'll take the advice of others.
Rocky

Postby Piet » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:37 pm

We saw Carl Mann somewhere in the late 70th or early 80th. Don't remember exactly but is was near Tilburg in Hilvarenbeek at a big R'nRoll show.
He did a great show, everyone loved his performance.
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby Rocky » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:16 pm

I just received a letter yesterday from Marc Vich in Germany, who will be in charge of Carl's newest Jaxon album to be released this year with 16 rockabilly tracks on it. It reads: Paul, Thank you very much for providing me with a copy of Carl's autobiography you wrote with him. It will be very helpful for Carl's next Jaxon release which will feature an extensive booklet. The book you sent is a goldmine of information. Cheers, Marc Vich. More info on this CD will be in my column in the upcoming FBM.
Rocky

Postby PirateHook » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:18 pm

Thank you very much for the interesting reading! I'm looking forward to his new Cd. i really like the previous one with Rayburn Anthony & Carl Mann - Cruisin' Around
PirateHook

Postby Rocky » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:48 pm

Just received the news this morning on the death of Carl Mann's wife Joyce. She died at home in Darden, Tennessee in the early hours of June 1st. Carl is very distraught over this as they were married less than ten years. My wife and I spent many months with them four different years, and travelled the country with them. Joyce was a great person. Carl himself is in poor health. Carl's new Jaxon album due out this month.
Rocky

Return to Music