John Cash

Re: John Cash

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:44 am

JOHNNY CASH

Born in February 26 1932.- 82 years ago today.-

The February 26, 1932 Johnny Cash was born in Kingsland, Arkansas. In 1935 the family settled in Dyess , taking up a plan to help the government to grow cotton . It was the 4th child of the marriage Ray and Carrie Rivers Cash and Cash was named JR (Al enlist would be changed to John R. ) Total Ray and Carrie had 7 children , but the 3rd, Jack would die after a terrible accident at age 14 . Roy , the elder brother , was presented to JR his colleagues, who later would become " The Tennessee Two" . Both Tommy and Joanne also have musilcales careers. I will not put here all Johnny Cash biography , because I think more or less everyone knows . Today would have turned 82 but went to the far shores of the Jordan River on September 12, 2003 . I found a video of his show in which he speaks and sings about his childhood and youth incl. his brief work in Detroit ( treadmill ) after graduating from the Institute . As much as I like his work with Rick Rubin, Johnny Cash 's voice at this stage of his life (38 years) is a treat for the ears.

Thanks to Hanny Hackmann
FernandoOscarGil

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:04 am

Johnny Cash - John Carter Cash says new Johnny Cash film could be made
by Bang Showbiz | 07 March 2014
John Carter Cash says he would be open to another film being made about the life of his country musician father Johnny Cash.

Johnny Cash's son says another film about his father's life could be made.
The 2005 movie 'Walk the Line' focused on the late country musician's early life and career and earned Joaquin Phoenix an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Johnny, whileReese Witherspoon won the Best Actress Academy Award for her performance as the singer's second wife June Carter Cash.
John Carter Cash believes there could be another movie made about his legendary dad - who died in 2003 at the age of 71 - and he would like to see a biopic made that focused on his father's latter years.
Speaking at a launch event for the newJohnny Cash album 'Out Among The Stars', John told BANG Showbiz: ''It's just got to be the right kind of film. The one that makes the most sense would be the end of his life, you know, but it's got to be the right kind of film, we'll see.''
However, the songwriter-and-author - who was Johnny and June's only child - isn't sure if Joaquin and Reese would want to reprise their roles in a new film.
John, 44, said: ''I don't know if they'd do it or not ... I'd just have to approach it if the project ever came up.''
John - who has four half-sisters from Johnny's first marriage to Vivian Liberto - admits he misses his dad all the time and wishes he could have just one more day with him.
He said: ''I'd like him to be brought back to life so I could go fishing with him again.''
'Out Among The Stars' has been recovered by John from the lost 1980s recording sessions Johnny did with producer Billy Sherrill, which were axed by his record company Columbia and will be released on March 31.

Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/story/john-carter-cash-says-new-johnny-cash-film-could-be-made_4100147?mail_news=true
FernandoOscarGil

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:21 pm

http://johnnycashforever.es.tl/-k1-2014-k2--Out-among-the-stars.htm
1) Out among the stars
2) Baby Ride Easy - duet with June Carter Cash
3) She Used To Love Me A Lot
4) After All
5) I'm Movin' On - duet with Waylon Jennings
6) If I Told You Who It Was
7) Call Your Mother (written by Johnny Cash)
8 I Drove Her Out Of My Mind
9) Tennessee
10) Rock and Roll Shoes
11) Don't You Think It's Come Our Time - duet with June Carter Cash
12) I Came To Believe (written by Johnny Cash)

It was published in March of 2014, this album with some recordings from 1980, that had been found by John Carter Cash. It contains 12 tracks of high quality audio and an interesting variety of genres and rhythms, with a splendid voice of Cash, good company in some duets by June Carter and Waylon Jennings.
From the list, highlight the excellent 100% rock version of "I'm moving on" ,one magnificent duet with Waylon Jennings, who proves to was one of the best historical artists in country music. A nice rockabilly duet with June Carter in "Baby ride easy," a country ballad in "She used to love me a lot"; and the country blues is represented by "After all" .- Also enjoy the strange "Rock'n roll shoes" from 12 subjects completing almost 37 minutes great music. Good shot.
Fernando Gil.-
FernandoOscarGil

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:27 am

Johnny Cash's Son: 'There's Another Five Albums Of Outtakes In The Vaults'
by WENN | 27 March 2014
Country music legend Johnny Cash was so prolific in his final years there are still five albums' worth of new material in the vaults, according to his producer son.
John Carter Cash claims he has discovered tons of unreleased recordings by his late father while archiving his work following his death 11 years ago (03).Carter Cash claims he has discovered tons of unreleased recordings by his late father while archiving his work following his death 11 years ago (03).
And he insists there are enough outtakes from Cash's American Recordings sessions with producer Rick Rubin to fill another multi-disc box set.
He tells Britain's The Guardian newspaper, "There are a few things that are in the works right now, probably four or five albums if we wanted to release everything. There may be three or four albums' worth of American Recordings stuff, but some of it may never see the light of day."
Cash's lost 1980s album, Out Among the Stars, was released this week (beg24Mar14).
FernandoOscarGil

Postby Rocky » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:05 pm

I've been saying this all along in my column about the material Columbia still has in the vaults, and yes there is enough for FIVE more albums. American also has many recordings which could go into UNEARTHED II. On top of that, Mercury has many unreleased recordings also. I have a list in my files of all Columbia, Mercury, and American unreleased songs by Cash. Many people do not believe it, but over 200 songs by him have already been released in the eleven years since his death. When Elvis Presley died, RCA had nothing left in the vaults by him, but wished they had hundreds of songs.
Rocky

Postby Logan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:26 pm

FernandoOscarGil wrote:Johnny Cash's Son: 'There's Another Five Albums Of Outtakes In The Vaults'
by WENN | 27 March 2014
Country music legend Johnny Cash was so prolific in his final years there are still five albums' worth of new material in the vaults, according to his producer son.
John Carter Cash claims he has discovered tons of unreleased recordings by his late father while archiving his work following his death 11 years ago (03).Carter Cash claims he has discovered tons of unreleased recordings by his late father while archiving his work following his death 11 years ago (03).
And he insists there are enough outtakes from Cash's American Recordings sessions with producer Rick Rubin to fill another multi-disc box set.
He tells Britain's The Guardian newspaper, "There are a few things that are in the works right now, probably four or five albums if we wanted to release everything. There may be three or four albums' worth of American Recordings stuff, but some of it may never see the light of day."
Cash's lost 1980s album, Out Among the Stars, was released this week (beg24Mar14).

Another Five? Wow. I hope they get released. In my opinion his American recordings are the best work of his entire career. Looking forward to hearing more. 8)
Logan

Postby PeterC » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Logan wrote:In my opinion his American recordings are the best work of his entire career.

Many people seem to think that, but I disagree: his voice was shot (particularly towards the end), many of the songs were unsuitable, and the "dry" production is horrible. Give me his Sun and (some) Columbia stuff any day.
PeterC

Postby Logan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:20 pm

PeterC wrote:
Logan wrote:In my opinion his American recordings are the best work of his entire career.

Many people seem to think that, but I disagree: his voice was shot (particularly towards the end), many of the songs were unsuitable, and the "dry" production is horrible. Give me his Sun and (some) Columbia stuff any day.

Vocally you're right from American IV on his voice was weak and worn out. but for me, because the recordings are so raw is what makes them so special. He had a great ability to make you believe he was singing from experience, and it shined through like never before in his final sessions.
Logan

Postby PeterC » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:31 pm

Logan wrote:Vocally you're right from American IV on his voice was weak and worn out. but for me, because the recordings are so raw is what makes them so special. He had a great ability to make you believe he was singing from experience, and it shined through like never before in his final sessions.

Ok, I accept that (though I do also find them a bit depressing). Certainly more heartfelt than most of Jerry's MOM recordings, where The Killer sounds merely bored.
PeterC

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:10 am

FernandoOscarGil

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Wed May 07, 2014 9:46 pm

JOHNNY CASH LYRIC VIDEO PREMIERES
A brand new animated lyric video for the recently discovered Johnny Cash song, "Out Among The Stars" premieres today. The previously lost song is the title track from the recent critically acclaimed album, Out Among The Stars and tells the story of a stick-up kid who predicts his own suicide-by-cop on the evening news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... NheB3d8vQc

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ENheB3d8vQc[/youtube]
FernandoOscarGil

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Johnny Cash Tune Tops Rolling Stone Country Songs List
by WENN | 08 June 2014

Johnny Cash's I Walk The Line has topped a new Rolling Stone magazine poll of the Greatest Country Songs of All Time.

The 1956 tune tops Patsy Cline's 1961 classic Crazy and Hank Williams' I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry.

George Jones' He Stopped Loving Her Today and Blue Yodel No. 9 (Standin' on the Corner) by Jimmie Rodgers round out the top five.

Meanwhile, the modern country stars are represented by Taylor Swift, who just makes the top 25 at 24 with Mean.

The top 10 is:

1. I Walk The Line by Johnny Cash

2. Crazy by Patsy Cline

3. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry by Hank Williams

4. He Stopped Loving Her Today by George Jones

5. Blue Yodel No. 9 (Standin' on the Corner) by Jimmie Rodgers

6. Stand by Your Man by Tammy Wynette

7. You Don't Know Me by Ray Charles

8. Mama Tried by Merle Haggard

9. Jolene by Dolly Parton

10. Mammas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys by Willie Nelson & Waylon Jennings.
FernandoOscarGil

Postby PeterC » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Great, but once again Jerry Lee Lewis' country music gets overlooked.
PeterC

Postby PianoLidAgain » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:06 pm

FernandoOscarGil wrote:Johnny Cash Tune Tops Rolling Stone Country Songs List

A 100 (!) page slideshow is a job for for deslide.clusterfake.net:

http://deslide.clusterfake.net/?o=html_table&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rollingstone.com%2Fmusic%2Fpictures%2F100-greatest-country-songs-of-all-time-20140601%2F100-brad-paisley-welcome-to-the-future-2009-0630971

Still no Bobby Bare, "Detroit City" or Jim Reeves, "He'll Have To Go." Maybe it's just me.
PianoLidAgain

Postby PeterC » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:38 pm

PianoLidAgain wrote:Still no Bobby Bare, "Detroit City" or Jim Reeves, "He'll Have To Go." Maybe it's just me.

I rate those as amongst the greatest also, and Jerry Lee Lewis must've thought the same as he cut both of those at the sessions for his first ever country album.
PeterC

PreviousNext

Return to Music