John Cash

Re: John Cash

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:55 am

On this date in 2002 released the album American Recordings Johnny Cash "American IV: The Man Comes Around". It is the last album of new material published in the singer's life.-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KodNFsP6r88
01 The Man Comes Around.
02 Hurt.
03 Give My Love To Rosie
04 Bridge Over Troubled Waters.
05 I Hung My Head.
06 First Time I Ever Saw Your Face.
07 Personal Jesus.
08 In My Life
09 Sam Hall.
10 Danny Boy
11 Desperado
12 I'm So Lonsome I Could Cry.
13 Tear Stained Letter.
14 Streets of Laredo
15 We'll Meet Again

Well, well ... American IV. - The best album of Johnny Cash? Maybe so. The truth is that writing a comment on this record compels me so much respect that I have taken almost a week in encouraging me to tackle the task. This album is also being to the last published album in the life of Johnny Cash, is just great. Fantastic. Unbeatable. Enjoyable. Sense, humane, eloquent. Each song, each version is a work of art and different from previous ones that were known. None deserves to be left out of the comment.
It also refers to several cover songs, songs popularized by other artists, but, after being interpreted by Cash, become characteristic of the black man. As Trent Reznor said pathetically, the original singer of Hurt: "After listening to Cash singing this, I feel I've lost my girlfriend, this song is not mine." -
The same goes for the Beatle classic "In my life", which sounds much better and believable in the voice of a Cash larger than the small voice of the young Beatles. And equally true Personal Jesus, which is much nicer here than in the interpretation of Depeche Mode, the group tecno that popularized this song. When Cash sings, the others are silent. -
I begin? Well, come on.
When the man comes around, with an introduction talked, is a hymn that describes the cruelty that man can take. His pace is moved, and his message, pathetic. With much justice, this song gave the album its name.
Hurt: a confession song, where Cash is shown naked, with his injuries to the eye, with the blows that life gave him on his face, showing his pain, his tears, his repentance. I think it's the song for his extramo humanism, designed to Cash to immortality.
Give my love to rose is a sad country ballad, Bridge over trouble waters is another lament grey. First time ever I see your face shows an almost sinister version where Cash's voice is everything. Danny Boy is the most heartfelt of all interpreted as before. Cash has no vocal power here when he recorded for Columbia was the first version of this song, but, as we said, this is most felt. Disfrutable Desperado is 100%, 10 points for the duet with Nick Cave in the Hank Williams classic I So Lonesome I Could Cry, and I think the better end of this work is the great version of The Streets of Laredo, a wrenching drama western that shows the wounds that left humanity that way of life guns in hand. Cash knowing that they were before the last moments of his life, fired with the hopeful "We'll meet again" do not know where or when, but I know we'll meet again someday.
You do not know, dear Johnny, as I'm waiting for that day.

Fernando.-
FernandoOscarGil

Postby wolfgangguhl » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Emotional review, very well written. Thanks, Fernando!
wolfgangguhl

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:50 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:Emotional review, very well written. Thanks, Fernando!

Thank you very much Wolfgang. -
Johnny Cash is my favorite artist. -
Naturally I get emotioned when I write about him, especially if it is their last album published in his lifetime.
FernandoOscarGil

New bootleg: "I shall not be moved"

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:42 am

I had the opportunity to heard this bootleg with gospel music for Johnny Cash, which contains official songs, plus "outtakes" from the 1961 album called "Hymns From The Heart." -
Only unreleased the song that gives the name to the album , "I Shall not be moved." -
I think to say that it is a gospel album by Johnny Cash, all is said. -
Anyway, it is very, very little to remember the tenth anniversary of the death of my idol. -
Fernando Gil. -
FernandoOscarGil

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:40 am

Tommy Cash, brother of Johnny, will be performing at the Museum of Nashville, as indicated by the poster.
FernandoOscarGil

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:58 pm

Johnny Cash - Unheard Johnny Cash Album Set For Release
by WENN | 10 December 2013

An album of lost Johnny Cash material is due to be released after the country star's son discovered tapes of the recordings.
The late country icon recorded Out Among The Stars in the early 1980s with producer Billy Sherrill, but the album was never released by Columbia Records and the Ring of Fire star was dropped from the label in 1986.
But the singer and his wife kept tapes from the recording sessions, and these were discovered by his son John Carter Cash last year (2012). He has now re-recorded portions of the tracks.
Cash tells Billboard.com, "They kept everything in their lives. They had an archive that had everything in it from the original audio tapes from The Johnny Cash Show to random things like a camel saddle, a gift from the prince of Saudi Arabia...
"We were so excited when we discovered this. We were like, 'My goodness, this is a beautiful record that nobody has ever heard'."
He adds, "Johnny Cash is in the very prime of his voice for his lifetime. He's pitch perfect. It's seldom where there's more than one vocal take. They're a live take and they're perfect."
The 12 tracks, which include two duets with Cash's wife June Carter Cash, are due to be released in March 2014.-

"OUT AMONG THE STARS" is the name of the new album, and this is the cover and set list:
1) Out among the stars
2) Baby Ride Easy - duet with June Carter Cash
3) She Used To Love Me A Lot
4) After All
5) I'm Movin' On - duet with Waylon Jennings
6) If I Told You Who It Was
7) Call Your Mother (written by Johnny Cash)
8 ) I Drove Her Out Of My Mind
9) Tennessee
10) Rock and Roll Shoes
11) Don't You Think It's Come Our Time - duet with June Carter Cash
12) I Came To Believe (written by Johnny Cash)

Fernando Gil.-
FernandoOscarGil

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:20 am

I can heard a very small section of the song "She used to love me a lot" to integrate the new album by Johnny Cash, Out Among the Stars, to be published in March -.
Were only 20 seconds, but they reach me to say that the power and quality in Cash's voice is amazing. -
I can not wait for the album is released!
FernandoOscarGil

Postby Rocky » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:08 pm

There are many other songs from these 1981 and 1984 sessions produced by Billy Sherrill that are not on this new album, such as "My Elusive Dreams", "I Know You Love Me", "You Gave Me Music", "Battle of Nashville", "Chicken in Black", "Why Am I Thinking of You", "Billy Brown", and "Blessing in Disguise". Still, it is good to have this great CD finally released. Cash still has loads of material in both the Columbia and Mercury vaults. Should see another new album next year.
Rocky

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:26 am

Rocky wrote:There are many other songs from these 1981 and 1984 sessions produced by Billy Sherrill that are not on this new album, such as "My Elusive Dreams", "I Know You Love Me", "You Gave Me Music", "Battle of Nashville", "Chicken in Black", "Why Am I Thinking of You", "Billy Brown", and "Blessing in Disguise". Still, it is good to have this great CD finally released. Cash still has loads of material in both the Columbia and Mercury vaults. Should see another new album next year.

Billy Brown was released in 2011, went along with the book "House of Cash" in a very limited edition that few fans have the privilege of owning. -
http://johnnycashforever.es.tl/2011-_-HOUSE-OF-CASH.htm

Chicken in Black belongs to the album "Country Crazy" 1998
http://johnnycashforever.es.tl/1998-_-CRAZY-COUNTRY.htm

Fernando Gil.-
FernandoOscarGil

Postby Rocky » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:23 pm

The Billy Brown on this album is only a demo track recorded at House of Cash. The "Billy Brown" that Sherrill produced in the 80s in a proper studio track with full backing.
Rocky

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Just started to edit a new magazine dedicated to country music. - Who else could be on the cover of No. 1?
FernandoOscarGil

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:15 am

Today in 1968 (46 years ago) Johnny Cash revitalized his career performing live at Folsom Prison.-
FernandoOscarGil

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Johnny Cash - Johnny Cash's Son Defends Release Of Latest Posthumous Album
by WENN | 15 January 2014
Johnny Cash's son has defended the family's decision to release a fourth posthumous album of the late star's music, insisting they are providing a service to fans rather than just cashing in on the iconic singer's legacy.
A new collection of previously unheard songs, which were recorded in the early 1980s, is to be released in March (14) under the title Out Among the Stars.
The release marks the latest posthumous offering to hit shelves since Cash's death in 2003, but the singer's son, John Carter Cash, who discovered the tracks in an archive, insists executors of the estate are keeping fans' wishes as their top priority.
He tells the Bbc, "My father's music is for the people... Does the estate make money off Johnny Cash records? Yes. Would the world be a darker place if his music wasn't here? I believe so. Do you want to see another Picasso if there's one that nobody has ever seen before? I would say that probably the world would want to see another Picasso. And it's really the same thing. This is a work of art."
Carter Cash goes on to reveal there are plenty more recordings left to be released, including live and studio tracks and even duets with Bob Dylan, which he stumbled across while archiving his father's material.
He adds, "There is more music to be released that is unheard. There are some great recordings."
SOURCE: http://www.contactmusic.com/story/johnny-cash-s-son-defends-release-of-latest-posthumous-album_4025942
FernandoOscarGil

Postby FernandoOscarGil » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:50 am

FernandoOscarGil

PreviousNext

Return to Music