Rare pictures

Re: Rare pictures

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sun May 02, 2021 1:51 pm

Are you both losing your mind? He recorded an entire album of material since the stroke!

Of course she is holding his walking stick in her left hand. As I stated he later got out of his wheelchair and moved around.
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Sun May 02, 2021 4:13 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:Are you both losing your mind? He recorded an entire album of material since the stroke!

So we're told.

We were also told that he and Judith had recorded a gospel album together a few years back, though there's been no mention of it since... :roll:
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sun May 02, 2021 4:14 pm

Well, but this time the Rolling Stone journalist listened to the material and his review of it sounded pretty much like Jerry's most recent shows (strong piano playing, voice a bit hoarse).
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Sun May 02, 2021 4:30 pm

I hope he's right, and I look forward to hearing it.

Of course though, recording in a studio and performing concerts are two very different things. Johnny Cash is just one example of someone who recorded a lot of music in his final years but was forced to stop performing due to ill health.
Last edited by PeterC on Sun May 02, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sun May 02, 2021 4:40 pm

Hmm, he recorded the entire album in two days. Sounds more like an effort than a 45-minute show.

It has been announced he will perform again and I am looking forward to the announcement of some shows soon.
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Sun May 02, 2021 4:46 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:Hmm, he recorded the entire album in two days. Sounds more like an effort than a 45-minute show.

Not necessarily. If these are yet more versions of 'Before The Night Is Over', 'Rockin' My Life Away' and 'C.C. Rider' then he could probably do them in his sleep! :wink:

Seriously, I reserve judgement until I've actually heard them.
PeterC

Postby Logan » Mon May 03, 2021 10:45 am

wolfgangguhl wrote:Hmm, he recorded the entire album in two days. Sounds more like an effort than a 45-minute show.

It has been announced he will perform again and I am looking forward to the announcement of some shows soon.

In all seriousness, when/where was this announced? The closest thing to an announcement that has come to my knowledge was a video of Jerry Lee talking about "looking forward to the future " and he was looking forward to doing some shows. However that was already in July of last year. Hardly anything official. I hope you're right. I want to see him to do more shows and I know better than to ever really bet against him. However, it's been two years and he isn't getting any younger, combined with the fact there was a time where Judith publicly on facebook painted more shows as pretty unlikely, though that's also been quite some time.

We all want The Killer to rock on and I know I don't have the info you do, so pardon me for speculating. Any idea when we may see some new shows announced?
Logan

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon May 03, 2021 1:21 pm

It was very clearly announced at the end of the birthday show as I have posted previously!!!

Also Judith never painted shows as unlikely, she was talking about Tours!!!
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Mon May 03, 2021 2:33 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the last time he did a very short tour was in December 2010, when he performed 4 shows in Europe (at a push you could perhaps include the UK visit in 2015, though 2 shows hardly constitutes a tour).

I love you Wolfie, but if you really believe that he is going to tour again (1) after more than a decade of doing no more than the very the occasional 1 or 2 shows, (2) following a debilitating stroke, and (3) with the unlikelyhood of any practicing or rehearsal, then you must be nuts! Like Logan, I too have learned never to completely write off The Killer, but I think a best-case scenario now is for him to perform 1 or 2 songs at a special event or for a TV show.

Judith may well have spoken about tours (presumably following Jerry's desire to get back on the road), but the reality is likely to be very different.
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon May 03, 2021 4:14 pm

The Tour in 2010 you mentioned were 6 shows. Indeed it was the last time that he went on what I would call a "Tour".

It wasn't me who talked about Tours or expected them. I agree that the likelihood of a Tour is close to zero. It was Kristian from Sweden, who annoyed Judith with daily posts of him expecting JLL to tour again. That's when she replied she considers touring highly unlikely.

But the occassional show here and there I consider possible.

Judith also mentioned that the shows are not the problem, but that Jerry hates the travelling. That's why they combined shows in NYC and LA with holidays.
wolfgangguhl

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon May 03, 2021 8:08 pm

The USA are slowly opening up state by state and with that also concerts can take place. I think we will have to wait for a couple more weeks. And then we will know for sure whether he will return to playing shows or not.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Logan » Mon May 03, 2021 11:53 pm

I am anxiously hoping and awaiting new shows to be announced. It's why I made the comment in the first place. I'm eager for it. I just worry he isn't up to it. I'd hate for it to turn out he never performs again. I was at the last show, but I want to see more. Hopefully, he surprises us all again. He's truly the last man standing. I want him go until he's 100. I hope you know some good news Wolfie. :D
Logan

Previous

Return to Discussions