Jerry & Keith picture

Jerry & Keith picture

Postby Perk » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:43 pm

Let´s Have a Party Tonight!!!

I certainly had never seen this picture before! I found it on the Michael Westphal´s website. Hope he don´t mind me copying it for this forum.

Perk
Perk

Re: Jerry & Keith picture

Postby thrund » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:04 pm

Perk wrote:Let´s Have a Party Tonight!!!

I certainly had never seen this picture before! I found it on the Michael Westphal´s website. Hope he don´t mind me copying it for this forum.

Perk

Hi Perk.
Jerry Lee and Keith in New York, Ritz Hotel, 29.Jan.1981, Polaroid photo

thrund

Postby Perk » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:45 pm

Hi Perk.

Thank you lots "tolazytodie" for the information! Great picture from that year! Not long after the first Elektra sessions. Have you any idea what the occasion was? A Jerry Lee show is obvious from the photo. He looks like he has just performed.

Thanks again for the info!

Perk ; )
Perk

Postby Perk » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:58 pm

Perk wrote:
Hi Perk.

Thank you lots "tolazytodie" for the information! Great picture from that year! Not long after the first Elektra sessions. Have you any idea what the occasion was? A Jerry Lee show is obvious from the photo. He looks like he has just performed.

Perk ; )

I meant before the 1981 European tour, silly me! And after a show on Tom Snyder´s Tomorrow Show. All thanks to Peter Checksfield´s lists.

Perk ; )

Perk
Perk

Postby thrund » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:05 pm

Perk wrote:
Hi Perk.

Perk ; )

I think it was after the recs. for ‘The Tomorrow Show’, NBC-TV (2nd appearance), two Killer tracks (Thirty-Nine & Holding / Rockin’ My Life Away).
But I'm not sure at the moment.

thrund

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:44 pm

Yes, Jerry did a concert at The Ritz on the 29th January 1981. Tom Snyder mentioned this on 'The Tomorrow Show' the night before, saying it was "S.R.O., standing room only!". Cool pic!
peterchecksfield

Postby Perk » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:05 am

peterchecksfield wrote:Yes, Jerry did a concert at The Ritz on the 29th January 1981. Tom Snyder mentioned this on 'The Tomorrow Show' the night before, saying it was "S.R.O., standing room only!". Cool pic!

I like that Tv show. Probably one of the best versions of "39 & Holding" ever!

Fireball Mail printed an article about it. Without digging it up for exact facts i remember that Jerry was staying at his hotel, which was close to the Tv studio. But he had not arrived in time to the studio for rehearsals. They were worried and called the hotel several times. But Jerry was not gonna come until he was good n´ready. About 5 minutes before broadcast time Jerry showed up! Afterwards someone said "amazing, they were even rockin in the control room".

Perk
Perk

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:13 am

Perk wrote:
I like that Tv show. Probably one of the best versions of "39 & Holding" ever!

It's great, but he seemed a bit hoarse (he even played the song in 'F' instead of the usual 'G' so that he wouldn't have to sing so high, as he did at Wembley '81 also).
peterchecksfield

Return to Discussions