what recording of "Breathless" is this?

what recording of "Breathless" is this?

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi, can anyone help me out here? I have a version of Breathless on a comp of various artists called 20 Rockin' Originals on Pickwick (w/a blonde in a football jersey on the front). Some of you may remember this low-budget comp from the 70s. Can anyone tell me what JLL album this version of Breathless is from? Is it the Mercury rerecording in the early 60s? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Joe
Joe

Re: what recording of "Breathless" is this?

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:47 pm

Joe wrote:Hi, can anyone help me out here? I have a version of Breathless on a comp of various artists called 20 Rockin' Originals on Pickwick (w/a blonde in a football jersey on the front). Some of you may remember this low-budget comp from the 70s. Can anyone tell me what JLL album this version of Breathless is from? Is it the Mercury rerecording in the early 60s? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Joe

I don't have this album...& no direspects, but if you're going to write a book on JLL then you should at least buy all the Bear Family CD boxsets which covers the vast majority of Jerry's recordings up to 1977.
peterchecksfield

Re: what recording of "Breathless" is this?

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:46 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Joe wrote:Hi, can anyone help me out here? I have a version of Breathless on a comp of various artists called 20 Rockin' Originals on Pickwick (w/a blonde in a football jersey on the front). Some of you may remember this low-budget comp from the 70s. Can anyone tell me what JLL album this version of Breathless is from? Is it the Mercury rerecording in the early 60s? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Joe

I don't have this album...& no direspects, but if you're going to write a book on JLL then you should at least buy all the Bear Family CD boxsets which covers the vast majority of Jerry's recordings up to 1977.

PS. If it has backing vocals then it's the Smash-Mercury recut; if it doesn't then it's the Sun cut.
peterchecksfield

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:30 pm

Thanks. (I understand your concern. I have a very large library of JLL; I was curious about that song b/c of the lack of song info on the [very generic] album. I'm at the beginning of my research.)
Joe

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:33 pm

p.s.--and I knew that it wasn't the Sun recording--didn't make myself clear. Thanks.
Joe

Return to Discussions