The Hawk

The Hawk

Postby rockin532000 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:47 pm

I just bought through the Internet the following:

I won't mention the price I have paid, but in particular to Andrew: Is this any worth?

Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby Piet » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:18 pm

Congratulations, it's always worth buying this, some things are priceless
Piet
Piet

Postby Andrew McRae » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:43 pm

Andrew: Is this any worth?

I'd say that "In the Mood" is an awkward 45 to value. A lot would depend on the condition which, judging in this case from the labels, appears to be good. Whilst 20 or so years ago such a disc would command a premium, in these 'ebay' days it can certainly be bought for a modest $15 to $20 or so, but my instinct is to say that this one is perhaps worth more.

Looking at the printing on the label, I wouldn't have any suspicions about its 'authenticity' and would confirm it as a 'first generation' copy - which, as I suggested in another post yesterday, is something you have to be careful about when it comes to "In The Mood".

I'd say you should value it at what you paid for it - at least!! :) If it was $50 just enjoy having it as is... but if you only paid $10 or so you got a real bargain...
Andrew McRae

Postby rockin532000 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:00 am

Thanks, so I really got a bargain then....
Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby Perk » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:01 am

It´s funny, i visited a friend last night. He had just bought a "London" record issue of this. I showed him this forum, and of course Andrew´s comments. Hope he joins!!!

Perk
Perk

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:09 am

Perk wrote:It´s funny, i visited a friend last night. He had just bought a "London" record issue of this. I showed him this forum, and of course Andrew´s comments. Hope he joins!!!

Perk

A London issue?! I didn't know there was one (certainly not in the UK anyway!). Is it a Swedish issue?

And is it credited to 'The Hawk' or 'Jerry Lee Lewis'?
peterchecksfield

Postby Andrew McRae » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:28 am

London issue?! I didn't know there was one (certainly not in the UK anyway!).

Is it a Swedish issue?

And is it credited to 'The Hawk'

Right on both counts. Also issued on the London label in Canada.
Andrew McRae

Postby jarireinikka » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:02 pm

And the Swede one´s even with picture sleeve.....
jarireinikka

Postby Perk » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:46 pm

jarireinikka wrote:And the Swede one´s even with picture sleeve.....

YES!!! That´s the one i saw last night ; )))))))

Perk
Perk

Postby Akiller » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:39 pm

jarireinikka wrote:And the Swede one´s even with picture sleeve.....

Are they both instrumentals no Jerry singing?
As I now recall, I bought in Finland in 70ś the single under the alias The Hawk
Killerś Boogie, which was an instrumental. I don remember the other side,
but now afterwards I am thinkin if the Killerś boogie is same as in the Mood or When it rains...Funny is that I first heard Killerś Boogie on the
phone number, where you could call and choose the song you would listen.
Akiller

Postby Perk » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:37 am

but now afterwards I am thinkin if the Killerś boogie is same as in the Mood or When it rains...Funny is that I first heard Killerś Boogie on the

They are both instrumentals, but they are not the same as that single that you mention. I had it too and the titles were "Killers Boogie/Rockin Mood", only problem it was not by Jerry Lee. I did a search on the web for it and it is mentioned that the piano player´s name was Jan Rietman.

Perk
Perk

Postby flip54 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:48 pm

I`ve still got this 45 somewhere, by the Baron if I remember rightly, sure he performed it once on UK tv back in the 70s, some talent show possibly New Faces (sort of X factor of its day where Showaddywaddy got their big start, Bell signed them after they won one series) I think Dave Lee Trio appeared on this as well or was it Opportunity Knocks??

Sunburnt Phil

quote="Perk"]

They are both instrumentals, but they are not the same as that single that you mention. I had it too and the titles were "Killers Boogie/Rockin Mood", only problem it was not by Jerry Lee. I did a search on the web for it and it is mentioned that the piano player´s name was Jan Rietman.

Perk[/quote]
flip54

Postby Tony Papard » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:56 pm

flip54 wrote:I`ve still got this 45 somewhere, by the Baron if I remember rightly, sure he performed it once on UK tv back in the 70s, some talent show possibly New Faces (sort of X factor of its day where Showaddywaddy got their big start, Bell signed them after they won one series) I think Dave Lee Trio appeared on this as well or was it Opportunity Knocks??

Sunburnt Phil

quote="Perk"]

Perk
[/quote]

I did see The Baron 'live' once, but missed him and Dave Lee sound on TV. Anyone remember Caroll Levis' Discoveries before even Hughie Greene's 'Opportunity Knocks'? Or Robert Morley hosting 'Beat The Clock' before anyone had heard of Bruce Forsyth? Some of us are THAT old.

I still miss the old quiz shows like Dotto, Double Your Money, Take Your Pick, Criss Cross Quiz, 64,000 Question, etc.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Return to Discussions