JLL at Capitol Records

JLL at Capitol Records

Postby Stefan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:58 pm

I read in an old FBM-number that Jerry had a record deal fixed around 1988/89 with Capitol Records and that he should start recording at once. Then I missed a couple of numbers of FBM and then there was nothing more mentioned about it until the record deal with Sire records in 1994.
What happend with this deal in 1988/89 ? Is there anything recorded from it ? I know he recorded some songs for Eddie Kilroy around that time but I dont think it was for Capitol. Somebody out there who knows ?
Stefan

Re: JLL at Capitol Records

Postby Piet » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Stefan wrote: Then I missed a couple of numbers of FBM and then there was nothing more mentioned about it until the record deal with Sire records in 1994.
What happend with this deal in 1988/89 ? Is there anything recorded from it ? I know he recorded some songs for Eddie Kilroy around that time but I dont think it was for Capitol. Somebody out there who knows ?

One reason more to send a email to Wim to find out if he can provide the missing FBM's.
What I can remember that there were several companies but no one signed Jerry, he was "not hot".

Piet
Piet

Postby Stefan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:19 pm

Maybe he wasn´t hot to the big public at the time but he did a lot of great TV-shows at the time such as Dolly Parton, Jay Leno, in Europe, Australia and so on.
I read somewhere at the time that he didn´t showed up at the studio and then was fired by the label but I dont´know if it´s true.
Stefan

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Stefan wrote:Maybe he wasn´t hot to the big public at the time but he did a lot of great TV-shows at the time such as Dolly Parton, Jay Leno, in Europe, Australia and so on.
I read somewhere at the time that he didn´t showed up at the studio and then was fired by the label but I dont´know if it´s true.

He reportedly did demo sessions for several labels during 1984-1988, including RCA, Columbia, Atlantic, Mercury & Capitol. Several more reasons why we meed a 1979-1994 Bear Family boxset.
peterchecksfield

Postby jayhawks » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:58 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
Stefan wrote:Maybe he wasn´t hot to the big public at the time but he did a lot of great TV-shows at the time such as Dolly Parton, Jay Leno, in Europe, Australia and so on.

He reportedly did demo sessions for several labels during 1984-1988, including RCA, Columbia, Atlantic, Mercury & Capitol. Several more reasons why we meed a 1979-1994 Bear Family boxset.

yes! we should write to richard weize!!!
jayhawks

Postby Bill T » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:17 pm

I'd say he had something going with Capitol and also Curb (a subsidiary of Capitol i think) as he cut the Never Too old to RnRoll with Ronnie McDowell on Curb...they also issued a low budget "greatest hits' on Jerry.
Bill T

Return to Discussions