JLL at The Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, 17th May 1962

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:49 pm

niek wrote:Anyone knows if Jimmy Rip is involved as well? Because he was playing with Jerry during one of his recent appearances.

Niek

I don't know if he is, but I would be surprised if he isn't involved after being such a success (both artistically & commercially) last time. I certainly hope he's producing Jerry again.
peterchecksfield

Postby Tony Papard » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:34 pm

niek wrote:hi Andrew

Interesting, but even it's not Jerry lee, it seems they have all the instruments in front of the stage except the piano. I just noticed a guitar amp in front of the stage as well.

Did they do this at more concerts back than? Tony?

Thank
Niek

Don't ask me, I'm just a youngster! Ask 'oldies' like Graham Knight! :D

Seriously, I didn't attend any rock concerts till 1964. Drums were definitely at the back of the stage when I first saw Bill Haley that year, and Jerry Lee later on. Perhaps the above event had a small stage and the drumkit wouldn't fit on?
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby flip54 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:56 am

Yes it's Richard, I used to have this McCartney book, Mick Mack's Black n White Snaps or some such title, went in the great post divorce clear out!
Think it had a story that he tried to take more snaps of JLL from right behind the piano but JLL spotted him and told him to go forth and multiply

There are some great books with JLL pics like Honky Tonk Heroes, Honky Tonk (this one has a great pic of JLL lighting a cigar ala Perk from Boston 75) and Marty Stuart's Pilgrims etc book

Phil

peterchecksfield wrote:I just asked the person who sent me these, & apparantly the 2nd one is Little Richard! This makes more sense to me, though it doesn't explain the drums, or the lack of audience attention (watching the sax player perhaps?).
flip54

Previous

Return to Discussions