Arnheim '94 Video Footage?

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:17 pm

This is what Thomas Sobczak wrote in FBM 31/4 :

Jerry, his wife Kerrie and their son Lee arrived at the American Hotel in Amsterdam on Thursday, 27.01, together with Kerrie’s parents, the band and Jerry’s manager. They stayed in Amsterdam until Saturday. The Rijnhal (1600 people) was sold out. Stephen Ackles was the supporting act before Ken Lovelace and Kerrie took the stage. A big limousine drove through the irritated audience and out of the car came the Killer and he climbed straight on stage to tumultuous applause. Jerry was dressed with a black suit, a white shirt, necktie, red vest and white shoes. He played an acoustic piano. It was one of the best show we have seen in years, everything was just perfect ! The sight, the voice, the piano playing, the audience reactions : each second was pure Jerry Lee Lewis. Really nothing to criticize. Each minute, Jerry and Kerrie were friendly to all fans. Jerry gave countless autographs and posed for dozens of pictures.

Song list : Johnny B. Goode/Mexicali Rose/Sweet little sixteen/You win again/Lucille/Sittin’ and thinkin’/I am what I am/Over the rainbow/Sweet Georgia Brown/What’d I say/Waiting for a train/High school confidential/Boogie woogie country man/Blues at midnight/Whole lotta shakin’/C.C. Rider/Great balls of fire/Good Golly Miss Molly-Tutti Frutti-Hound dog.

(my thanks to Pierre for this)
peterchecksfield

Postby Perk » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:32 pm

I only seen one privately recorded song from this show (mentioned earlier). It´s "Sitting & Thinking". Where he also mentions incidentally that he thinks that his make up does not do him any good. Thinking of the other subject going on here.

Peter, Maarteen, is this really a good show in complete? I never even heard an audio of it. Besides the video i mentioned.

Apparently according to the review by Thomas Sobzak, posted by Peter, this seems to have been a rockin show!

About proffesional filming, perhaps that "possible" camera was from people doing a newscast. Proffesional filming i would think would involve at least 2-3 cameras.

I guess i´ll have to beg my friend Peter for this private thing eventually.

Perk ; )
Perk

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:39 pm

Perk wrote:
I guess i´ll have to beg my friend Peter for this private thing eventually.

Perk ; )

Give me a few weeks. There's a chance that I've located the alternate videos of this! :D
peterchecksfield

Re: Arnheim '94 Video Footage?

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:55 am

peterchecksfield wrote:A few years back I was sent 3 different videos of the Arnheim '94 show:

(a) Complete show, reasonably close

(b) Complete show, distant

(c) About 15 minutes, very close

Unfortunately I only kept version (a), but now that I know someone who can edit together various angles I'm after all other versions again (I also have an excellent audio which we can use). Can anyone help us make the ultimate DVD of this great show?!

Thank you... :D

The good news is that I've found a far clearer (both video & audio) copy of the first version; the bad news is that I'm still trying to locate the other videos. Does ANYONE have these? I got them from Thomas Sobczak, so anyone who traded with him might have them. Version (b) was recorded on a tripod, so was very steady (though distant).

Thanks! :D
peterchecksfield

Postby Alvin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:32 pm

Now we just need the lost film from Saturday night at Newport.

I wonder if the camera was taken by the Lewis party because the tape would have been very desirable - it was filmed from 2 foot away from the piano with a clear view of the keys and hands.
Alvin

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:38 pm

Alvin wrote:Now we just need the lost film from Saturday night at Newport.

I wonder if the camera was taken by the Lewis party because the tape would have been very desirable - it was filmed from 2 foot away from the piano with a clear view of the keys and hands.

Great though they were, the Arnheim gig surpasses any of the Newport shows. One of his finest ever concerts! :shock:
peterchecksfield

Postby Piet » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:08 pm

I wonder who taped it or is it mine??? Don't remember anybody else filmed it on stage, I had some trouble because I had a film + fotocamera around my neck and the security would take it and then Kerrie stood up for me saying I had to tape it for the Lewis family.
The security was very stricked and I remember a funny thing, 4 guys from my local favorit bar in my hometown would love to see the man we're always taked about and while they were staying in the crowd the speaker announced that it was forbidden to make pictures or film the show, just in that time I was crossing the stage to make sure I was facing Jerry behind the piano and the lights on stage went on and I was walking there, as mentioned, with my camera's, the guys couldn't hold back and they started shouting "Piet...Piet...Piet" instead of "Jerry...Jerry...Jerry" Needles to say they saw a great show.
Back to the subject, since my camera broke down years ago I still have my small tapes, I will be retired at the end of the year so there will be lots of time to transfer it finaly to DVD, until that, patience. :P
Piet

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:39 pm

Piet wrote:Back to the subject, since my camera broke down years ago I still have my small tapes, I will be retired at the end of the year so there will be lots of time to transfer it finaly to DVD, until that, patience. :P

Thanks Piet, no real hurry! :D
peterchecksfield

Postby Alvin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:05 am

I totall agree, the Arnheim gig was one of the Killers greatest. The energy comes accross in the Audio and Jerry's voice is SO strong.

I heard that even Peter Hayman showed some outward signs of excitement after that show!

Even Leo Green said Jerry was on great form that night and wanted a recording of the show (he was always quite dismissive of many of JLL's other shows including Brazil, Newport and Butlins).

Only "Mean Woman Blues" from the next nights show got close to the energy of Arnheim.

I find there are few live shows on audio that grab me and capture the atmosphere of the night - Arnheim does. I also love the Laughlin, Nevada recording as the sound is so good and Rainbow '77 as the Piano is so clear and inspired.

Chris
Alvin

Postby PeterC » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:28 am

Lucio has now made a great 3 camera edit of this fantastic show! :shock: 8) :D

https://youtu.be/J29be47-GYI
PeterC

Postby lucio » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:10 pm

PeterC wrote:Lucio has now made a great 3 camera edit of this fantastic show! :shock: 8) :D

https://youtu.be/J29be47-GYI

Thanks for the comment Peter.

For those of you with a dvd burner interested in creating your own dvd of the show, here are the files needed. Use google chrome to download.

https://mega.nz/file/jwxgBAqL#twenA6rU3 ... 2O7ad9AQ6g
lucio

Postby Piet » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:25 pm

It's nice to see the show again after more than 25 years, brings back good memories.
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Previous

Return to Discussions