Arnheim '94 Video Footage?

Arnheim '94 Video Footage?

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:55 pm

A few years back I was sent 3 different videos of the Arnheim '94 show:

(a) Complete show, reasonably close

(b) Complete show, distant

(c) About 15 minutes, very close

Unfortunately I only kept version (a), but now that I know someone who can edit together various angles I'm after all other versions again (I also have an excellent audio which we can use). Can anyone help us make the ultimate DVD of this great show?!

Thank you... :D
peterchecksfield

Postby Perk » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:14 am

I actually watched the only clip i have from this show last night. Due to new equipment so i can play things! It´s the song "Sitting & Thinking".

Adding that this most likely came from one of the same sources you mentioned. Seems like a great show though!

Perk
Perk

Postby niek » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:44 am

Graham has a version as well, though I can't remember if it was from close or distant.

Niek
niek

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:16 am

Perk wrote:Seems like a great show though!

It's an amazing show! Right now I'm watching Jerry singing 'You Win Again' from this, & he's walking around the stage (& then sitting on the keys) while Leo Green blasts away on sax! Definately a unique & inspired performance.
peterchecksfield

Postby Maarten K. » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:42 pm

I happened to have watched this show last night (before reading your thread). It is one hell of a show! Jerry is in a fantastic mood and his playing and singing is outstanding. I love Sweet Georgia Brown from this show. It starts rocking (again with a fantastic piano solo), then Jerry turns it around with some kinda dixie-land feel, then back to rock 'n roll. This is one of my favourite shows I have. (The following night in Amsterdam was my very first JLL show!).
Maarten K.

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:05 pm

Maarten K. wrote:This is one of my favourite shows I have.

Me too...I've spent the past couple of days transfering all my old 'amateur' videotapes to DVD & watched it last night too.

Peter (currently transferring Neumarkt '91).
peterchecksfield

Postby Jeroen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:44 pm

This was my first JLL concert. I remember very well that Jerry was brought on the stage with a limo that went through to audience.
People were standing on their chairs.

Jeroen
Jeroen

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:46 pm

Jeroen wrote:This was my first JLL concert. I remember very well that Jerry was brought on the stage with a limo that went through to audience.
People were standing on their chairs.

Jeroen

Yes, I remember reading this! Unfortunately this isn't on the video I have.
peterchecksfield

Postby unchained » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:49 pm

I guess you guys are talking about Arnhem, never heard of a town called Arnheim :wink:
unchained

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:54 pm

unchained wrote:I guess you guys are talking about Arnhem, never heard of a town called Arnheim :wink:

A German guy sent me my video:

"Arnheim is the German name for Arnhem; it more clearly refers to the origin of the name (heim = home)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnhem
peterchecksfield

Postby unchained » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:07 pm

So? It still is a Dutch city and not a German.

Plus the word "hem" means "He" or "Him" in English and got nothing to do with home. :lol:
unchained

Postby Maarten K. » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:09 pm

Can those who were present at the show remember if this was profesionally filmed? During 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' the camera (amateur) zooms out and there is someone on a elavated platform in the crowd. It looks like he is filming. Altough it can also be someone in control of the spotlight.
I can't imagine it being filmed professionally but it's worth checking it out with those who were there.
Maarten K.

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:39 pm

Maarten K. wrote:
I can't imagine it being filmed professionally but it's worth checking it out with those who were there.

Me neither, but it's a great thought! : )

Presumably there were no giant screens there (I don't think this happened at big JLL concerts until the late 90s), or no news crew?

I'm still looking for the other amateur videos of this great, great show.
peterchecksfield

Postby Maarten K. » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:43 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Maarten K. wrote:

Me neither, but it's a great thought! : )

Presumably there were no giant screens there (I don't think this happened at big JLL concerts until the late 90s), or no news crew?

I'm still looking for the other amateur videos of this great, great show.

Check it out if you have time, Peter. We have the same footage. From memory it's about 27 minutes in the show. When the camera zooms away from the stage and films the audience, it's on the leftside of the screen. Pretty much at the beginning of the song.
It isn' a camera.....now is it?
Maarten K.

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:48 pm

Maarten K. wrote:Check it out if you have time, Peter. We have the same footage. From memory it's about 27 minutes in the show. When the camera zooms away from the stage and films the audience, it's on the leftside of the screen. Pretty much at the beginning of the song.
It isn' a camera.....now is it?

I just checked it, & it does look like a camera. But it's probably another amateur video (remember, older video cameras from the 80s were very bulky!). Also, Kerrie often got fans to film things for her, so a video camera doesn't mean it's professional (& the best video cameras in the world are no good unless they're also getting audio from the mixing desk!).
peterchecksfield

Next

Return to Discussions