Jerry at the Blues City Cafe

Postby Perk » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:03 am

flip54 wrote:Next door to the Blues City Cafe was a souvenir type shop where I picked up several sealed copies of that Class of 55 booklet/mag with the Grammy winning interviews on cassette in Sept 2000 on the JLL 65th birthday gig trip. They were lying under some dusty old Elvis oven mitts and dishrags!!! seek and ye shall find

Phil

Phil, you and i were there at the same time in 2000! We perhaps crossed paths at some point on Beale?

Those things you found at the giftshop was included in an US issue of Class Of 55. Mine is a double vinyl where one disc contains the interviews. The booklet is also attached.

Perk ; )
Perk

Postby Piet » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:18 am

About the show, Kerrie is in charge so maybe she'll wait??

About the club, on Per's picture you can see that all the houses look different from the outside but are connected inside, so that makes the restaurant 138 Beale, inbetween 140 Beale and the Band Box 142 Beale str. so the handprints are in front of the Band Box.

To Phil, don't drink to much while your visiting Memphis, you'll never know who you're gonne meet. :idea: :lol:

Piet
Piet

Postby Tony Papard » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:23 am

jayhawks wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
Quite a show! I wish the professional footage which was filmed for Kerrie would surface (she should release everything if she still has this stuff!). Below is the setlist:

Boogie Woogie Country Man / You Belong To Me / Crazy Arms / Flying Saucers Rock & Roll (with Billy Lee Riley) / Red Hot (with Billy Lee Riley) / High School Confidential (with Brandy Roberts) / Rockin’ My Life Away (with Mack Vickery) / Meat Man (with Mack Vickery) / Roll Over Beethoven (with Linda Gail Lewis) / When You Wore A Tulip (with Linda Gail Lewis) / [Desperado (Johnny Rodrigez)] / WLS (with Johnny Littlejohn) / It All Depends (Who’ll Buy The Wine) / One Of Them Old Things (with Joel Sonnier) / Jambalaya (with Joel Sonnier) / Jerry Lee’s Rock & Roll Revival Show (with John Williams) / Another Place Another Time (with Jerry Chestnut) / I Can Help (with Billy Swan) / I’m On Fire (with J.C. Harris) / Shake Rattle & Roll (with Joey Wells) / I’m Longing For Home / [Jerry Lee Will Always Be The King (Becky Brindle)] / I Threw Away The Rose (with Jeff Cook) / How’s My Ex Treating You / [Lewis Boogie (Lucas Lee)] / Me & Bobby McGee (with Kris Kristofferson & others) / GBF (slow) / GBF (fast) / Over The Rainbow / Oh Lonesome Me (with Phoebe Lewis) / Stardust / I’ll Find It Where I Can / Mexicali Rose / Haunted House / I’m In The Jailhouse Now / I Don’t Want To Be Lonely Tonight / Goodnight Irene / Jailhouse Rock / Folsom Prison Blues / Tennessee Waltz / I Only Want A Buddy Not A Sweetheart

'Me & Bobby McGee' was 20 minutes long!!! :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: WHAT A "K.I.L.L.E.R."- SETLIST!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

who is so dumb to keep that in "the can"?!!

'The General'?
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby flip54 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:43 am

Yes it's a terrible place, a girl pianist dragged me out to slow dance at Hernando's and this guy with a moustache plied me with moonshine all night ;-))

Hi to Els

Phil

ps one of my friends from that memorable night has just died shortly after retiring from work

Piet wrote:To Phil, don't drink to much while your visiting Memphis, you'll never know who you're gonne meet. :idea: :lol:

Piet
flip54

Postby flip54 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:49 am

Yes the Class of 55 extras I got were from the US cassette release,mail order like the 2lp set,wish they would issue a deluxe package of this on cd/dvd along with any out takes, the interviews and the Dick Clark tv show about it, there's one for Time Life

It's notable how generous Carl is towards JLL in his comments in the booklet, different to the rather bitter chip on the shoulder stuff in his official biography, or was that down to the Rolling Stone author who were really anti JLL after the Shawn issue came out

Phil

Perk wrote:
flip54 wrote:Next door to the Blues City Cafe was a souvenir type shop where I picked up several sealed copies of that Class of 55 booklet/mag with the Grammy winning interviews on cassette in Sept 2000 on the JLL 65th birthday gig trip. They were lying under some dusty old Elvis oven mitts and dishrags!!! seek and ye shall find

Phil

Phil, you and i were there at the same time in 2000! We perhaps crossed paths at some point on Beale?

Those things you found at the giftshop was included in an US issue of Class Of 55. Mine is a double vinyl where one disc contains the interviews. The booklet is also attached.

Perk ; )
flip54

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:58 am

flip54 wrote:It's notable how generous Carl is towards JLL in his comments in the booklet, different to the rather bitter chip on the shoulder stuff in his official biography, or was that down to the Rolling Stone author who were really anti JLL after the Shawn issue came out

Or maybe it's to do with Jerry's comments on Carl in his biography...
peterchecksfield

Postby Piet » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:56 pm

flip54 wrote:
ps one of my friends from that memorable night has just died shortly after retiring from work

I'm sorry to hear that, it's often happens that you'll hear of someone passing away just after their retirment, too sad after a live full of work.

Piet
Piet

Previous

Return to Discussions