Spin Street Music CD

Postby Tommy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:29 am

I´m sorry! I thought it was the show inside the store where he plays a red piano and says "It´s red and beautiful but I wanna hear it!"! On the jll start page it´s an audio from F.Y.E in New York City!
Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:30 am

I´m so sorry I´ve missunderstood. My fault. hehe
Tommy

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:32 am

Tommy wrote:I´m sorry! I thought it was the show inside the store where he plays a red piano and says "It´s red and beautiful but I wanna hear it!"! On the jll start page it´s an audio from F.Y.E in New York City!

Can you post the link to this?
peterchecksfield

Postby bailbath » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:40 pm

Maarten K. wrote:I just came to the conclusion I don't have it all! I was confused with Jerry's appereance at the FYE-store, from which I do have a nice audio.

What's the setlist of the Spin Street appereance, Peter?

Here is a real player link for The Fye store if some people have not heard it.Copy and paste this into realplayer - play location.
(rtsp://rx-wes-sea57.rbn.com/farm/*/rsto ... s_live.mp3)
This is a quote from a article from Rolling stone magazine -
Jerry Lee Lewis: Way, Way Cooler Than You

It’s official: Jerry Lee Lewis is the awesomest human being alive. The so-called Killer, (seen here with our editor-in-chief, Jann Wenner), is the subject of an in-depth profile in the next issue of Rolling Stone (on stands next week). He came up to our New York office yesterday to say hello, causing our entire editorial staff to collectively plotz.

Not like we have a weird grandpa fixation or anything, but J to tha L is for sure the sexiest seventy-year-old we’ve laid eyes on: a full head of hair, a playful smirk and a piercing stare that could most assuredly still win him a child bride or two. Come on, who else can pull off patent leather cowboy boots and not look like an idiot? We digress.

Jerry Lee’s new album, Last Man Standing, just came out and features collaborations with everyone from Mick Jagger and Keith Richards to Bruce Springsteen and Kid Rock, all of whom were stoked to worship at the altar of one of rock’s founding fathers. (See our review.)
When asked who else he’d have liked to work with on this record, Mr. Lewis deadpanned, “Well it wasn’t Liberace.” Oh, snap!

He did say he was bummed he didn’t get to work with Tom Jones and Bob Dylan. (You listening, fellas?) Before departing for an in-store concert downstairs at FYE, Jerry also dished about his very first tour with Johnny Cash and Wanda Jackson, whom he confided with a giggle “was messing around with Elvis Presley” at the time. Don’t you just love fifty-year-old gossip about dead people?

After the sit-down, we all headed downstairs to FYE, where JLL sat down at a cherry-red piano and pounded out the most insane fifteen minutes of rock we’ve ever witnessed. Did we mention he is seventy? “Roll Over Beethoven,” “Sweet Little Sixteen,” “Great Balls of Fire” and “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On” all sounded just like they musta back in the day. Dude can still hit those freaky high notes.

Afterwards, he humbly addressed the sweaty, adoring throngs. “I hope you all liked it. We did the best we could.” Three words: National Fuckin’ Treasure.

Listen to Jerry Lee’s four-song set (RealPlayer required). Oh, and check this genius out on tour NOW — or we’re not speaking to you anymore.
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby ChrisdeB » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:30 pm

A duet would begreat betwen Bob and Jerry on Rita Mae..... lol
ChrisdeB

Previous

Return to Discussions