Jerry Lee on Recording Studio (January 2020)

Re: Jerry Lee on Recording Studio (January 2020)

Postby PeterC » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:59 pm

If he is truly “frail, quickly fading and only half-way in this world”, then I hope he does NOT attempt to do any shows. Not only would it be embarrassing, but it could also kill him. A better idea would be for him to do what Johnny Cash did in his final years, and that is record as much as possible in the studio.
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:00 pm

I doubt that. In that Rolling Stone interview he was "sharp and upbeat on the phone" and believe me that Patrick Doyle is a reliable source.

Regarding the recording session he reports "Though his vocals could be rough, there were flashes of his old power, and his piano playing remained loose, confident, and unmistakably the Killer."

I suspect he was spending many hours in the recording studio which took a toll on him.

He looks great in recent photos, much healthier than in years.

I would not compare him to Johnny Cash, who clearly was at death's door.
wolfgangguhl

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:10 pm

jerryleelewisnesbit20201.jpg

jerryleelewisnesbit2020.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:25 pm

Great pics, though I suspect that the fact he is smiling makes him look healthier (as it does with most people).
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:28 pm

Also taken from that Rolling Stone article:

"Lewis is feeling much better now. 'In reality, his health is better now than it’s been in the past five or six years,' says Judith. Lewis no longer needs additional oxygen, like he did for three years. He doesn’t take any pain medication, just the occasional Advil or Tylenol. The stress of the weekend recording in Nashville gave Lewis a major headache, Judith says, which took a toll: 'His emotions are 100 times the average person, what he feels, because he’s a genius,' she says. 'And it intensifies his emotions.'"
wolfgangguhl

Postby Logan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:17 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:I suspect shows in driving distance in Mississippi, Tennessee and Louisiana. Also some shows in places like New York and LA, perhaps combined with holidays as he has done before.

I hope this comes to fruition. Though Judith seems against the idea of him performing again if I'm not mistaken
Logan

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:33 pm

You are mistaken. She considers touring unlikely, not the occassional show. Also she exploded after a certain member posted stupid requests for preferably a World Tour over and over again. She does not want him to be pushed into anything. He decides whether he wants to perform again or not, depending on how he feels.

I remember she posted something similiar (to leave Jerry alone) when he was very ill and recovering in 2012. She has a way of protecting Jerry when he needs it.

She also gets annoyed by annoying posts, who wouldn't? I think many posts on this forum are very annoying, too, by the way. There is nothing to discuss. If Jerry is ready to play again, he will announce it at the given time. If he doesn't announce anything, he does not play. Simple as that.
wolfgangguhl

Previous

Return to Discussions