Jerry Lee on Recording Studio (January 2020)

Jerry Lee on Recording Studio (January 2020)

Postby Amadeu » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:59 pm

Amadeu

Re: Jerry Lee on Recording Studio (January 2020)

Postby Ulli » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:07 pm

I just read it - amazing! Mainly I'm happy, because Jerry seems happy again. And that he recorded with Kenny and James Burton sounds well, too!
Keep Rockin'
Ulli

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:19 pm

Very interesting! So much for "his hands have not been affected by the stroke at all". So Paul's source was right. I apologize.

Linda just talks rubbish, so Piet was right about that as well.
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:12 pm

Wow, I really didn't expect to read this!! Incredible news.
PeterC

Postby Logan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:33 am

I don't like that he seems unsure about playing again, I sure hope he's not losing his determination, and that he will get back on stage this year!
Logan

Postby wolfgangguhl » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:37 am

He should only play if he can deliver some top notch piano playing, as otherwise this is not the Jerry Lee Lewis I want to see.

Also he should add James Burton to his band line-up. At 84 I consider it inappropriate to scale a band down to a three-piece-band. Instead he needs a bigger band, so he does not have to carry the load on his own.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Logan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:44 am

wolfgangguhl wrote:He should only play if he can deliver some top notch piano playing, as otherwise this is not the Jerry Lee Lewis I want to see.

Also he should add James Burton to his band line-up. At 84 I consider it inappropriate to scale a band down to a three-piece-band. Instead he needs a bigger band, so he does not have to carry the load on his own.

Do you still believe he'll perform again? I agree that he should add band members, I would love to see James back.
Logan

Postby wolfgangguhl » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:06 pm

I don't know whether he will perform again, Logan. Time will tell. The good news is that his health appears to get better and better. It appears it takes time to recover from such a stroke.

Interesting is the note in the article that he appeared in charge of his piano playing while his voice was occassionally cracking. That sounds just like the Jerry I saw before the stroke.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Logan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:13 am

wolfgangguhl wrote:I don't know whether he will perform again, Logan. Time will tell. The good news is that his health appears to get better and better. It appears it takes time to recover from such a stroke.

Interesting is the note in the article that he appeared in charge of his piano playing while his voice was occassionally cracking. That sounds just like the Jerry I saw before the stroke.

I believe he'll perform again, with his hand coming back to him, he'll no doubt get the itch to get back on stage. He looks very well in recent photos, and as long as his hands work Jerry Lee has proven he doesn't give up.

The Killer Will Rock On
Logan

Postby Tommy » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:54 pm

How long has he been working on the album? I saw a photo of JLL before the stroke with headphones on, listening to outtakes. Anyone knows what songs it is he will play?
"Don't look at the clouds of tomorrow through the sunshine of today!"

Mick Jagger
Tommy

Postby tchr » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:11 am

Logan wrote:
wolfgangguhl wrote:I don't know whether he will perform again, Logan. Time will tell. The good news is that his health appears to get better and better. It appears it takes time to recover from such a stroke.

I believe he'll perform again, with his hand coming back to him, he'll no doubt get the itch to get back on stage. He looks very well in recent photos, and as long as his hands work Jerry Lee has proven he doesn't give up.

The Killer Will Rock On

Cancer survivor Joe Henry uplifts with artful songs and reaffirming words in Minneapolis
http://www.startribune.com/cancer-survi ... 568084102/
…… Henry shared another reaffirming recent moment in his life: co-producing a gospel album in Nashville for Jerry Lee Lewis, whom he described as “frail, quickly fading and only half-way in this world” but still able to give voice to powerful music………...
tchr

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Meanwhile at Facebook...

Judith Coghlan Lewis:
"Kristian. Please please quit asking about when Jll will tour again. Very doubtful he will and the touring is part of what brought on the horrible stroke. Plus dealing with thieves. He is 84. And has toured. For well over 60 plus years. Packing. Standing in airports/. Hotels. / unpacking. On and on. He loves his fans and loves piano and singing. He is also tired and wants to spend as much time at HOME as much as he can. I understand that you and others would love for him to tour again Live Nation is doing a Documentary that started at the recording. We will go with them at JLL s leisure and cover his life !!!!!!! So. Please understand that his love of his Fans will continue."
wolfgangguhl

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:29 pm

In another post she mentioned it is possible he will perform again.

Maybe a show here and there, but I doubt there will be extensive Tours.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Logan » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:47 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:In another post she mentioned it is possible he will perform again.

Maybe a show here and there, but I doubt there will be extensive Tours.

Hopefully, Jerry will consider at least playing his club in Memphis and venues near his home where he doesn't have fly and spend more than a night in a hotel.
Logan

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:39 pm

I suspect shows in driving distance in Mississippi, Tennessee and Louisiana. Also some shows in places like New York and LA, perhaps combined with holidays as he has done before.
wolfgangguhl

Next

Return to Discussions