Jerry Lee Lewis minor stroke

Re: Jerry Lee Lewis minor stroke

Postby PeterC » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:43 pm

martin bates wrote:Has Phoebe been in touch to ask about her father?

I would've hoped she'd go to visit her father in hospital, just like any normal person would do. Of course though, the Lewises are far from normal (Jerry not going to his daughter's wedding/Phoebe not going to her father's wedding/Jerry & Linda not going to their sister's funeral/etc, etc, etc!).
PeterC

Postby Chris Davies » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:24 am

Phoebe has posted about her father and thanked everyone for the prayers / thoughts etc.
Chris Davies

Postby martin bates » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Chris Davies wrote:Phoebe has posted about her father and thanked everyone for the prayers / thoughts etc.

Yes. That's pretty much all she said in a couple of lines - thanks for messages; nothing about her father at all.

Martin.
martin bates

Postby PeterC » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:11 pm

Sounds to me like she hasn't actually visited him, though I'd love to be proven wrong.

Has Linda Gail visited?
PeterC

Postby Piet » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:21 pm

martin bates wrote:
Chris Davies wrote:Phoebe has posted about her father and thanked everyone for the prayers / thoughts etc.

Yes. That's pretty much all she said in a couple of lines - thanks for messages; nothing about her father at all.

Martin.

Strange :roll: NO
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby ChrisdeB » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:43 am

Posted by Graham Knight

ChrisdeB

Postby Logan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:54 am

Logan

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:23 am

That does not sound good at all. I thought he walked straight back home after what I was told was a minor incident and not even a stroke, but a transient ischemic attack (TIA). Seems like some people were spreading fake news.
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:31 am

It is surprising what can be done with a combination of intense rehab and sheer determination. I know it is a different situation and I'm a different age (56), but 6 months ago I suffered a heart attack that required emergency surgery. For a while I barely had the strength to walk up a few stairs, but now, after months of intense "cardio physio" at the gym, I can walk up to 11 cross-country miles in a day, and I can quickly cycle 20 miles (I hope to soon build up to the 40+ miles I was cycling prior to the heart attack, give me another few months!). So, it won't be easy, but if Jerry works hard enough and is determined enough then there's every chance he'll be back rockin' again.
PeterC

Postby Chris Davies » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:48 pm

PeterC wrote:It is surprising what can be done with a combination of intense rehab and sheer determination. I know it is a different situation and I'm a different age (56), but 6 months ago I suffered a heart attack that required emergency surgery. For a while I barely had the strength to walk up a few stairs, but now, after months of intense "cardio physio" at the gym, I can walk up to 11 cross-country miles in a day, and I can quickly cycle 20 miles (I hope to soon build up to the 40+ miles I was cycling prior to the heart attack, give me another few months!). So, it won't be easy, but if Jerry works hard enough and is determined enough then there's every chance he'll be back rockin' again.

Man, I didn't know that Peter. Glad to hear you are recovering so well. Are you still on facebook? That's my main way of keeping in touch with folks these days.

I hope Jerry makes a good recovery and can perform again - to progress to rehab after two weeks is a good sign.
Chris Davies

Postby PeterC » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:21 pm

Thanks Chris! I'm fine... I had one blocked artery (and had an emergency stent fitted), and will be on medication for life, but I'm otherwise feeling fit and healthy. Did a fast 20-ish mile cycle ride today, this time incorporating some quite steep hills.

Jerry isn't a young man, but he's a fighter. I'm sure we haven't heard the last from him.

I left all social media around 18 months ago to concentrate on writing books. Hope to have a 3rd book ready next month!
PeterC

Postby martin bates » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:59 am

I had a wonderful week with these 2 kids! My Brother is doing so great!! He is amazing!!! my Little Sis is so awesome! Taking care of my Brother!! I had so much fun and I’m going back soon!

Linda Gail has posted the above on Facebook.

Martin
martin bates

Postby PeterC » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:06 pm

martin bates wrote:I had a wonderful week with these 2 kids! My Brother is doing so great!! He is amazing!!! my Little Sis is so awesome! Taking care of my Brother!! I had so much fun and I’m going back soon!

Linda Gail has posted the above on Facebook.

Martin

Kids? Little Sis??
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:24 pm

Nicknames for Jerry and Judith.
wolfgangguhl

Postby martin bates » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:06 pm

Thanking all for The prayers and Cards and letters. The Killer sees them all and he loves them. Getting better and better every day!!!!!!!we love you all.

Brief fb update from Judith as above

Martin.
martin bates

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions